Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 12:35:01 AM EDT
I know a lot people run these on their SBRs since they are nice and compact.  Found out from another forum that they are 20% off through Monday and figured someone here would need it.

LWRC UCIW stock
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered one.  I have a plan to swap the stock on it, need to do some trimming to make it fit properly.
Was hoping and waiting on a Labor Day or Black Friday sale to pick up this stock.

May pick up another if I really like it.

My biggest question and concern at the moment is the buffer spring, is LWRC the only source for the spring?
I see that there is a heavier buffer available for it from another source.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I know a lot people run these on their SBRs since they are nice and compact.  Found out from another forum that they are 20% off through Monday and figured someone here would need it.

LWRC UCIW stock
View Quote
Is the price listed ($104) with the 20% off?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LWRC UCIW stock
Yes...

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Do these things work reliably?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do these things work reliably?
View Quote

Yes.

I've got one on my stamped lower. It runs my 10.5" 5.56 upper and 8.2" 300 BLK upper just fine. Ejection / recoil / etc seem to be roughly the same as the H buffer and standard spring I was running before it. The "UC2" short buffer is lighter, but I am guessing the spring rate on the flat spring is higher to compensate, because nothing really changed. The stock really is too short to use very effectively when all the way closed; doable, just not comfortable. I view it as a folding stock that I can actually shoulder if I have to get some shots off quickly.

Another note, the stock is also shorter from top to bottom on the back / butt plate than most. Depending on your shooting style and how you shoulder the rifle this may result in having to lower your head more to get a sight picture (it is about the same as an old CAR stock).  

Pic on my 8.2" 300:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top