Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 2:00:05 PM EDT
tldr summary at bottom.

I have several SBRs but just one 5.56 upper, a 10.5" that I bought a couple years ago as part of an AR pistol.  I was living in California then and just wanted a pistol lower so I could legally possess my SBR uppers in that state, but because California is run by retards, you can't buy an AR pistol lower, you have to buy the complete gun (and jump through some single-shot modification exemption loopholes too).  Anyway, I just got the cheapest upper I could with it, and never really shot it.

You get what you pay for.  I'm in a free state now, so I took it out to shoot today.  It's terrible.

Four different kinds of ammo:  M855, Fed AE .223, my own handloads with 77 SMKs and 75 Prvi match bullets.
Shot it in three different configurations:  with a quality 6x optic, an ACOG, and with some Troy iron sights.
Did a few groups without the suppressor.

All from a rest at 100 yards.

12 five-shot groups, and the best one was over 6".  No keyholes.  Just shotgun patterning.

It ain't me, my other rifles were shooting much better.

I regret wasting so much ammo and time on it, but I couldn't believe how awful it was.  A bad day at the range beats a good day working, but today it was close.

I can't even sell this barrel in good conscience, it's going in the trash next time my daughter empties the litter box.

tldr

Where do y'all recommend picking up a 10" or so 5.56 AR barrel, already threaded (with guaranteed concentric threads)?  Don't want a heavy stainless match barrel.  Light would be better.  <2 MOA accurate would be fine.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive had great luck with my BCM, Daniel Defense,  and LMT.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have this barrel and I am quite pleased with it...

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3427
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought an MAS Defense 10.5 has yet has yet to be delivered.  I am curious, and I bet others as well, where did you get this upper so we don't have the same unfortunate experience. Sorry to hear you had this experience,  have you contacted the manufacturer about it?  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Rainier and a Noveske. I cannot shoot either one better than the other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top