Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2014 2:04:27 PM EDT
What is most common or liked around here? I was reeeeeally wanting to get the nea stock but it's a lot of money, uses their proprietary bcg, and you still need to provide some components. I was also looking at the UCIW Ultra Compact Stock but it just looks like a cheap common stock(just shorter).

Any suggestions? I think i've looked around enough to know if there was any better alternatives. I just think the nea looks the best but its pretty expensive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Regular old M4 or a SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got two UCIW's, I like them.        

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Mission First Tactical minimalist stock. It's very tight on the tube making for a stock that's even more solid than a friction locked CTR, while being very lightweight at 4oz.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
+1.... Been rolling with these, lately, myself...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the Mission First Tactical minimalist stock. It's very tight on the tube making for a stock that's even more solid than a friction locked CTR, while being very lightweight at 4oz.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT SOPMOD is what I've used for years. Haven't found anything that was "better enough" to bother buying.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

LMT SOPMOD is what I've used for years. Haven't found anything that was "better enough" to bother buying.
View Quote
I like my SOPMOD, but the UCIW's shave over an inch off total length and still give a good cheek weld.  Great for a PDW build.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What is most common or liked around here? I was reeeeeally wanting to get the nea stock but it's a lot of money, uses their proprietary bcg, and you still need to provide some components. I was also looking at the UCIW Ultra Compact Stock but it just looks like a cheap common stock(just shorter).

Any suggestions? I think i've looked around enough to know if there was any better alternatives. I just think the nea looks the best but its pretty expensive.
View Quote

The LWRC stocks don't lock up as tight as the magpuls with friction locks, but the offer a great cheek weld, good weight/size and price.  I wouldn't count them out.  They don't feel cheap at all once installed...can't say they "look" cheap either considering they come standard on $2K+ guns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the B5 Bravo, but also have CTR's and couple of MOE's that work too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+2   I'm going with this on my current build.  My previous SBR's have used Magpul STRs. I would love one of the NEA stocks, but no way I'm paying $400 for a stock even if it comes with a BCG.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Magpul STR for me
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#11]
magpul MOE
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
magpul MOE
View Quote

That's what's on all of mine, whether SBR or not.

Call me crazy...but I've built all mine with the same build kits from PSA (although color may vary). I wanted them all to feel exactly the same when I picked them up, regardless of caliber or barrel length. So, everything from 4.5" 22LR to 6" AR57 to 7" 9mm to 10.5" 5.56 to 12" 6.8 to 16" .50 Beowulf (plus a handful of others)...all have Magpul MOE stock, grip, AFG2 and MBUS. Same reason all my Glocks have the same night sights and CT laser grips, regardless of size or caliber.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:27:01 AM EDT
[#13]
B5 Systems Bravo.  Good price, cheekweld and fit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
magpul MOE
View Quote

Yep.  I have the MOE on 2 of my SBRs but considering the MFT Minimalist for a 3rd.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Call me crazy...but I've built all mine with the same build kits from PSA (although color may vary). I wanted them all to feel exactly the same when I picked them up, regardless of caliber or barrel length. So, everything from 4.5" 22LR to 6" AR57 to 7" 9mm to 10.5" 5.56 to 12" 6.8 to 16" .50 Beowulf (plus a handful of others)...all have Magpul MOE stock, grip, AFG2 and MBUS. Same reason all my Glocks have the same night sights and CT laser grips, regardless of size or caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
magpul MOE

Not crazy, same for me.  I want everything to fit/feel/function the same within reason (i.e. all of the M4's/SBR's the same, but the MK12 or A2 is different).  I've standardized on the Magpul STR for the SBR's and M4's, but I do have one B5 and its not bad.  Phasing out my original RRA basic M4 stocks (see my EE post), plus slowly getting allAR's onto the same milspec receiver extensions for interchangability (stupid to not have done that from the beginning, but you live and learn)
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I prefer CTRs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#17]
MOE.  Cheap, durable, and they work.  I'd love a NEA unit but it would be for the cool factor more than practicality.  Maybe when I build a second 300BLK SBR I'll do it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#18]
SOPMOD FTW
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I use The CTR on most of my rifles. I just like the solid lock up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#21]
LWRC Compact Stock for my SBR. Cheek weld is just as good as the SOPMOD, it's a few ounces lighter and an inch shorter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I really like the B5 Bravo

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I like my NEA but i have to admit the build quality leaves a little to be desired (nothing that isn't fixable yourself mind you) and it makes take down a little trickier than a standard AR...having said that it functions 100% and certainly provides a compact package.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a big fan of the Vltor IMOD.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got the LWRC Ultra compact stock on my 300blk sbr. I really like it. Haven't had any reliability issues and the price is more than reasonable. I use CTRs on everything else. Well, except the UBR on my 18". I'm probably going to get another for an 11.5" 556. Wish they made a grey one. Here's a comparison pic of the LWRC and CTR fully collapsed.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Magpul CTR, STR and the LWRCi Ultra compact stock on my SBRs.  The LWRCI stock kit is very well made, not cheap at all!  Solid piece if you want to save another inch or so.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Vltor Emod
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Love my Vltor A5 on my 12.5"
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#30]
LMT/SOPMODs on all my SBR's and my SBS's. Seven in total.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Mission first tactical minimalist stock.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#32]
SOPMOD but I'm used to it and like it anyway so I'm biased. Upside they have battery tubes which are handy for a copy of your F1 or 4.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I use CTR and STR mostly, sometimes Sopmod.  Tried the LWRC compact and ultra compact, they don't work that great for me.  Just got an ACS-L and it may be the new favorite.  I tend to favor stocks that are a bit heavier, like the STR, ACS-L, and Sopmod, to move the COG back especially since I often have a can on my SBR's.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I have MOE and CTR.

The MOE that i just bought was so loose on any tube i have, i sold it and ordered an STR.

I might make the switch to STR since all my rifles now wear magnified optics depending on how i like the cheakweld.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#35]
VLTOR Imod, it's my favorite stock so far.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered a UCIW stock from LWRC for $112.05 shipped (thanks to their Labor Day sale)

Going to put it on my 300 sbr.  

:-)
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Just ordered a UCIW stock from LWRC for $112.05 shipped (thanks to their Labor Day sale)

Going to put it on my 300 5.56 sbr.  

:-)
View Quote
me too

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same but the Clubfoot models.  I also have an EMOD and standard Modstocks.  I am a Vltor stock fan :)
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Same but the Clubfoot models.  I also have an EMOD and standard Modstocks.  I am a Vltor stock fan :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originall.y Posted By The_Hammer:

What do you like better about the Clubfoot? I was thinking about getting one for another rifle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm thinking about getting a LWRC compact stock for my CQBRish SBR project.  It basically looks like an updated N1/CAR stock to me.  Seems like it would work well on an SBR and won't need any proprietary parts like the ultra compact.

I was looking at the B5 Bravo but the compact looks like it's a bit smaller.

Anyone have any pictures of the LWRC compact on a CQBR/Mk1k type SBR?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting a LWRC compact stock for my CQBRish SBR project.  It basically looks like an updated N1/CAR stock to me.  Seems like it would work well on an SBR and won't need any proprietary parts like the ultra compact.

View Quote

It is a very solid and nifty little stock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
magpul MOE

I have the same way of thinking, If all of my AR's are the same no matter what one I pick up I will be able to use it with no  hesitation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

B5 Systems Bravo.  Good price, cheekweld and fit.
View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Safety Harbor is prototyping a NEA type stock currently.  No mention of price yet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I currently have a CTR, STR, and Vltor Imod on my SBR's. I really think I prefer the STR over the other two and may switch them all.

Although that LWRCI UCIW looks nice, and I may put one on my 7.5" build.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/dvlray6/firearms/LWRC7_zps851c5248.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/dvlray6/firearms/LWRC9_zps03ffdd3e.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/dvlray6/firearms/LWRC2_zps0e847cb1.jpg

just out of curiosity, what kind of muzzle device is that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

just out of curiosity, what kind of muzzle device is that?
View Quote

Griffin Armament flash comp taper mount for the Recce 7 I've got on the way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/dvlray6/firearms/LWRC7_zps851c5248.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/dvlray6/firearms/LWRC9_zps03ffdd3e.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/dvlray6/firearms/LWRC2_zps0e847cb1.jpg

What color is that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What color is that?
View Quote

Burnt Bronze
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

After receiving mine it looks like the buffer spring is a full length flat-wire spring.  How often do buffers and buffer tubes wear out?
The tube has 5 positions and it seems as if quite a few stocks could be modified to fit if you feel the need.
I plan on trying it as is, had a plan to modify another stock to fit the tube and may still do that at some point.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top