Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:57:44 PM EDT
So I'm going to getting into NFA items in the near future. I'm in the process of learning abut Trusts and setting one up.

Once I'm all set with my trust, can I send in 3 form 1's for 3 stripped lowers at the same time? Can I send in a form 1 on a stripped lower and wait to build it after it's engraved and I get my stamp back?

I wan't to send in a bunch of form 1's soon while I have some extra cash but will probably only be able to fully build one complete one once the stamp comes in. Is this ok? I just want to make sure I can send in 3 form 1's at once and be able to keep two stripped SBR receivers in my safe until I can build them and be g2g.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm going to getting into NFA items in the near future. I'm in the process of learning abut Trusts and setting one up.

Once I'm all set with my trust, can I send in 3 form 1's for 3 stripped lowers at the same time? Can I send in a form 1 on a stripped lower and wait to build it after it's engraved and I get my stamp back?

I wan't to send in a bunch of form 1's soon while I have some extra cash but will probably only be able to fully build one complete one once the stamp comes in. Is this ok? I just want to make sure I can send in 3 form 1's at once and be able to keep two stripped SBR receivers in my safe until I can build them and be g2g.
View Quote

No problem at all in getting approval and waiting to build. Heck, for that matter, of you get approved and decide not to build it, they refund your money anyway. As long as you pay the $200/per, you can submit as few or as many as you wish.

You don't want to build it until it's engraved and you have the stamp anyway...as this question may have been worded incorrectly: "...and wait to build it after it's engraved and I get my stamp back?"
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No problem at all in getting approval and waiting to build. Heck, for that matter, of you get approved and decide not to build it, they refund your money anyway. As long as you pay the $200/per, you can submit as few or as many as you wish.

You don't want to build it until it's engraved and you have the stamp anyway...as this question may have been worded incorrectly: "...and wait to build it after it's engraved and I get my stamp back?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops, definitely worded that one incorrectly. I meant assemble the lower with a LBK, not build the SBR as in put an SBR upper on my non-stamped lower. Sorry
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Build away. Without the short upper, you simply have a lower you decided to engrave your info on. Nothing wrong with that.

Some people engrave before they file, to make sure it doesn't get damaged or lost (if shipping it to engraver). Some people go ahead and file and handle the engraving while awaiting approval. Definitely not a bad idea to assemble lower and function test before filing.

You can build it into an AR pistol (if legal in your state) if you prefer, and at least shoot it while waiting for stamp.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you snail mail the Form 1, be sure to include two copies of your Form 1 (one for the ATF, and one to be stamped and returned) and one copy of your trust for each submitted lower.  I know someone who lost mucho time by sending in only one copy of his trust thinking (now that was his problem) the ATF would surely process them together.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Build away. Without the short upper, you simply have a lower you decided to engrave your info on. Nothing wrong with that.

Some people engrave before they file, to make sure it doesn't get damaged or lost (if shipping it to engraver). Some people go ahead and file and handle the engraving while awaiting approval. Definitely not a bad idea to assemble lower and function test before filing.

You can build it into an AR pistol (if legal in your state) if you prefer, and at least shoot it while waiting for stamp.
View Quote

I already built myself two AR pistols. I like the AR pistol for legal reasons and ease of moving from state to state. I still want to own SBR's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you snail mail the Form 1, be sure to include two copies of your Form 1 (one for the ATF, and one to be stamped and returned) and one copy of your trust for each submitted lower.  I know someone who lost mucho time by sending in only one copy of his trust thinking (now that was his problem) the ATF would surely process them together.
View Quote

Yeah I watched a video that mentioned that. I will be sending two copies of my Form 1 certified with signature so I know they were received.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just a bit of information...I have never sent more that one copy of my trust or one check (for the total cost) when submitting multiple Form 1s.  Never an issue.  Of course no one has ever been delayed for sending too much paper to Martinsburg.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I've sent as many as six forms 1 in at the same time, one check, one trust, no problems.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've sent as many as six forms 1 in at the same time, one check, one trust, no problems.
View Quote

Were they all in the same envelope with two copies of each individual form 1, one copy of your trust, and one check for $1200 for the six forms?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top