Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 2:23:51 PM EDT
you have shot your 223/55.6 10.5-12" sbr accurately?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
200" yards, hit pumpkin size steel..did it consistantly with iron sites, supported w/10.3

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sons gun.  565 yards.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sons gun.  565 yards.
View Quote

sounds like the steel at manatee. 565
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sons gun.  565 yards.

It's 600 now
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I can make hits on man-sized steel using XM193 out of my Noveske 12.5" with a red dot on top relatively easily.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]
IPSC-sized steel at 350 with an Aimpoint H-1
6" plate at 400 with a 1-5x

Centurion Arms 12.5" barrel and it's still sub MOA with match ammo after 3k rounds.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a range longer than 200 yards, but my 11-1/2" Colt SBR can hit the 10" plates easily offhand at that distance. I have an Aimpoint PRO mounted on it.

I built a 6-1/2" upper using an Olympic Arms OA-93 pistol barrel and an SP-1 upper receiver. I shot at my club yesterday at the 180 yard pepper poppers using standard A1 sights. I wasn't shooting offhand at 180, but that little 6-1/2" barrel was throwing the 55gr Tula ammo on target 7 or 8 out of 10 shots. Nobody who shoots that upper can understand why it's as accurate as it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
700 yards, man sized steel, 2 rounds 2 hits... SBR wears a 4X ACOG  :)

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]
400 yards 8 x 10 steel plate. 10.5 DD barrel, shooting XM193 and TAP 75GR.  Just about a two mil holdover.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't have a range longer than 200 yards, but my 11-1/2" Colt SBR can hit the 10" plates easily offhand at that distance. I have an Aimpoint PRO mounted on it.

I built a 6-1/2" upper using an Olympic Arms OA-93 pistol barrel and an SP-1 upper receiver. I shot at my club yesterday at the 180 yard pepper poppers using standard A1 sights. I wasn't shooting offhand at 180, but that little 6-1/2" barrel was throwing the 55gr Tula ammo on target 7 or 8 out of 10 shots. Nobody who shoots that upper can understand why it's as accurate as it is.
View Quote

6.5" upper?  Post up some pictures!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Can't speak for Hawgled44, but here's my Oly Arms 6.5...  It now sports a Law Tactical folding stock adapter with an Ace skeleton stock.  It hits pretty well out to about 200 yds, and very consistently out to 100 yds.  I was quite surprised with it, especially if you think that there are only about 4.25 inches of rifling in that short little pipe!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a great pic, but here it is. I don't use the Ring sight anymore, just the A1 open sights. I like the retro look to it. I assembled it using an old Olympic OA-93 barrel. A friend gave me the barrel, knowing nothing about it since another friend of ours gave it to him. I figured I would be disassembling it several times to open up the gas port before getting it to function correctly with a barrel that short. Planning for this, and since the front sight post I installed didn't match up perfectly to the grooves in the barrel for the taper pins, I drilled and tapped the front sight post for set screws. Nobody notices it unless I point it out to them and it really doesn't matter to me. I'll probably end up changing the configuration of the upper several times before I'm done anyway, so the easier to disassemble it the better.

Just today I scrapped the 2-point sling and installed a Magpul ASAP single point sling mount I had in the parts box. I generally don't like single point slings but on something this short and light, I think it will work well. I have one of the old ZM Weapons single point bungee slings Al Zitta gave to me so I'll use that.

The aluminum forend was exactly the one I was looking for. The day I decided to go with one I checked the EE here and one was for sale in the first ad on page one. I guess it was just meant to be, until I tried to assemble it. The forend was about 3/8" too long. That was the first indication I had that this wasn't your average pistol barrel. I shortened it and it works great, but it really heats up after a few mags.

I have an inexpensive railed forend that my father picked up for a build I'm doing for him, but it's not up to the quality he was looking for. I think I'm going to try shortening it and using it for the 6-1/2" 9mm Olympic upper I'm going to build next. I wanted to do a twin to this one, except in 9mm, but I'm all out of A1 uppers. I thought I had one left but I must have used it up somewhere. I just have to decide whether to go all flat top and railed out to the muzzle or use a detachable carry handle and front sight post so it looks something like this one does.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top