Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 7:36:31 AM EDT
Submitted using eforms  on 7/18/14

Gonna just use this here to track the progress.

First time ever submitting a form 1.  

Had my lower engraved on Tuesday just to get it out of the way.

fairly sure gonna go with an 11.5 so that's what I went with on the form 1.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It will not be your last.
You will not be disappointed with an 11.5. Or any length you choose. They are a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Now, just forget about it and the time will go by faster...  
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you "just forget about" your first? It's all I can do to stop logging in to the eForms site daily to see if there is any change.

That's me though. I'm going to be a terrible stamp collector.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Did you "just forget about" your first? It's all I can do to stop logging in to the eForms site daily to see if there is any change.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I did because it came back two months before I would have begun my daily vigil...  

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This works!
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually, I did because it came back two months before I would have begun my daily vigil...    
View Quote

Me, too. My first stamp was a Form 1 with an 11/9/13 Pending date and was approved 4/22/14. Blew me away. Never mind that the Form 1 with 11/4 Pending date was approved 5/9, and my two 11/27 Form 4s finally approved 7/10 (after two different error corrections).

I wasn't even considering calling on the first one until July. I bided my time by eFiling four F1s and an F4 between Dec and Jan.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Eforms are back?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Eforms are back?
View Quote

Form 1 only...been back for several weeks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Since 6/24...
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I did my first efile form 1 for an SBR today as well.  We can see who's comes in first.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I built an SBR today. I can confidently say this won't be your last.  The wait is a lot easier once you have the first stamp in hand.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I did my first efile form 1 for an SBR today as well.  We can see who's comes in first.  
View Quote

This will be interesting.  

This will be my second stamp (currently have an Osprey 9mm)

The first month is the hardest.   After that I'll start to forget.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Mailed off 5 Form 1s 3 days before eForms came back online. Submitted my eForm Form 1 today. Also have 2 Form 4s pending... Lots of patience is needed!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You will not be disappointed with an 11.5. Or any length you choose. They are a blast to shoot.
View Quote

For months I pondered submitting my second Form 1.  After I finally sent it in via efile, I regretted every month I waited.  I see more of them in my future.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#15]
You better start saving your money because stamps have a funny way of multiplying at an alarming rate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For months I pondered submitting my second Form 1.  After I finally sent it in via efile, I regretted every month I waited.  I see more of them in my future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hearing the efile wait is shorter than mailing your stuff in conventionally.  Is there merit to this?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#17]

eforms is down.   Does this happen often?

Yes I've been checking everday.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
eforms is down. Does this happen often?
View Quote

I just logged in...no problem. It's down 6a-6p on Wednesdays, but not much outside of that maintenance window anymore.

Might need to clear cookies, delete temp files, etc...and get a fresh start.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You better start saving your money because stamps have a funny way of multiplying at an alarming rate.
View Quote

I've definitely noticed that. I've got quite a lot of form 1s and 4s pending, and I don't even have my very first one in my hand yet. I put it off for a long time, but now I've gone crazy.

I have at least another 5 planned before the end of year. Dates to submit and all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#20]

I'm already planning on another stamp (as soon as I can decide on which suppressor for the SBR)

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I submitted my first e-form 1 for an 11.5" SBR on Jun 25, it still displays "Submitted/In progress"

How long before I can expect to see a status change?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I submitted my first e-form 1 for an 11.5" SBR on Jun 25, it still displays "Submitted/In progress". How long before I can expect to see a status change?
View Quote

That's the status you want. It's equal to "Pending" for a paper form. The next status you'll get is either Approved or Disapproved.

ETA: the only other status you might have seen was PENDING RESEARCH, but that would've been between DRAFT and SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I submitted my first e-form 1 for an 11.5" SBR on Jun 25, it still displays "Submitted/In progress"

View Quote

I E-filed my first SBR on 3/29/14 it stated submitted pending until it was approved Yesterday 7/30/14
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I E-filed my first SBR on 3/29/14 it stated submitted pending until it was approved Yesterday 7/30/14
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well that's interesting I figured something would happen when and I would get a "control number" ... I'm okay with it being a total surprise.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
well that's interesting I figured something would happen when and I would get a "control number" ... I'm okay with it being a total surprise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your control number was included in the email you received when your eForm was successfully submitted and is the same as the "Permit" number shown on eForms...

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't get confused about control numbers.

There's and Internal Control Number in EForms, but that's not what gets discussed. It's the data in the Permit Number field. When you get approved, that number will show up (usually) at the top of your eForm. I say usually becomes one of my five doesn't have one.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Your control number was included in the email you received when your eForm was successfully submitted and is the same as the "Permit" number shown on eForms...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ahh I see.  

I thought it would be something different because on the eform list of submitted forms the field for control number is blank.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ahh I see.  

I thought it would be something different because on the eform list of submitted forms the field for control number is blank.  
View Quote

See my post above with pic. The ICN is just that, an "internal" control number. It's a way for the user to identify which application is which, without opening them up and looking. For those of us that submitted just a couple, it was pretty easy to keep track based on dates and we just left the field blank. For dealers and high volume users, it's handy to use that field to put customer name, or serial number, or invoice/order number, or something else to identify what was what.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I submitted my first eform 1 on 6/26 and much to my surprise I received the approval today. I've also seen quite a few other approvals that were submitted around the same time. IMHO there's a very good possibility you should get your approval within days.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I submitted my first eform 1 on 6/26 and much to my surprise I received the approval today. I've also seen quite a few other approvals that were submitted around the same time. IMHO there's a very good possibility you should get your approval within days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, yours was fast! Only one month! I just checked mine again like I do every day and status is the same. I'll be really surprised if it is that fast and may just do another. I have two Spikes lowers begging to be built.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

this is awesome news, I put my two Form 1's in 7/12
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#32]

eFiled: 6/24/14

Pending Date: 6/24/14

Approved Date: 8/1/14

This was a pleasant surprise...  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
eFiled: 6/24/14
Pending Date: 6/24/14
Approved Date: 8/1/14

This was a pleasant surprise...  
View Quote

I hate you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Since 6/24...
View Quote

...and approved today = 40 days!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wow, yours was fast! Only one month! I just checked mine again like I do every day and status is the same. I'll be really surprised if it is that fast and may just do another. I have two Spikes lowers begging to be built.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must be working overtime on the weekends because I just checked mine again tonight (Sunday) and it is APPROVED 08/03/2014 ! I checked it yesterday also and it was still "In Progress"
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#36]

does it not email you if/when there is a status change?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:02:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's supposed to. Sometimes it either doesn't, or there's a spam filter that catches it.

I got emails for all of mine. When submitted, when changing from Pending Reaearch to Submitted, and when Approved or Disapproved. And with the two Disapproved, I got the original Disapprovals, then the new ones when they reversed them to Approved, then two more when they removed the DRAFT watermark.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't received an e-mail yet and when I open up the pdf Form 1 on the ATF website, it shows the Examiners name and approval date. It reads "DRAFT" across it diagonally so I can't really print that one and use it. Are they supposed to e-mail me the final copy?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I haven't received an e-mail yet and when I open up the pdf Form 1 on the ATF website, it shows the Examiners name and approval date. It reads "DRAFT" across it diagonally so I can't really print that one and use it. Are they supposed to e-mail me the final copy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be sure...you have a digital stamp in the top-right corner and the Approve box is checked?

There's a known defect that gives the DRAFT watermark. I had it happen with five of mine (both F1s and an F4). They don't check the form after they hit Approve (or however it works).

You can either email [email protected], or use Ask The Experts. (Email is the method they told me to use).

Put "EForms DRAFT watermark as the subject, and include the control number, serial number and Licensee/Permittee name. It's usually fixed within 24 hours. You will end up with a new date (unless it's fixed the same day as the original approval), and possibly a different examiner's stamp.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

To be sure...you have a digital stamp in the top-right corner and the Approve box is checked?

There's a known defect that gives the DRAFT watermark. I had it happen with five of mine (both F1s and an F4). They don't check the form after they hit Approve (or however it works).

You can either email [email protected], or use Ask The Experts. (Email is the method they told me to use).

Put "EForms DRAFT watermark as the subject, and include the control number, serial number and Licensee/Permittee name. It's usually fixed within 24 hours. You will end up with a new date (unless it's fixed the same day as the original approval), and possibly a different examiner's stamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it has the approved box checked, shows the stamp, and the examiners signature looks to be he only thing hand written. The stamp does not have the serial number hand written on it like my 4 paper suppressor stamps that I have.

I will do as you suggest and e-mail them.

Thanks for the info and help
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#41]
SN won't be on the digital stamp like your paper ones.

You'll probably have new forms later today.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#42]
If folks from 6/24 are getting approvals I;m starting to salivate! 6/29 here :D

Is the blank Finalized square for ATF use? I've always pondered this lonely box.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Approved!  

8/14/2014
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Same here. 7/18 - 8/14. Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Approved!  

8/14/2014
View Quote

Ditto for me as well!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Approved today!

Only 21 days
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top