Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 10:40:19 AM EDT
Making my account and the drop bar for city is so small its just a white sliver so I can't select anything.  What gives?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Put in your zip code and the city will auto populate...
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
My trust attorney said its because I'm not using a supported browser :(
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Go HERE for further help.  And yes, some members were having browser issues.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea I had that open to help me but without the right browser you can't even register.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My trust attorney said its because I'm not using a supported browser :(
View Quote

Very possible.

I tried to help someone the other day, and the version of IE I had gave me that exact problem, whether ZIP was there or not. Firefox worked just fine.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Try Chrome.  That's what I've been using...
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I've put out a call for help in my HTF. I'm old school and was on a friends laptop. It has IE10.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've put out a call for help in my HTF. I'm old school and was on a friends laptop. It has IE10.
View Quote

Maybe register on a smartphone and then log in on laptop to submit?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same deal on my old Android power Galaxy S.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I was able to register using the chrome browser on my wifes phone. But once I click the form 1 icon it won't let me click "next" on the next page. Or save either. It will let me edit my profile though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I was able to register using the chrome browser on my wifes phone. But once I click the form 1 icon it won't let me click "next" on the next page. Or save either. It will let me edit my profile though.
View Quote
Which browser were you using when this happened?

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chrome. Restarted the phone and it may be working now....
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Download Chrome to your PC/Laptop, and you'll find the experience much more pleasurable...
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]
As long as I can attach the file with the laptop as is I think the phone with chrome has me covered.

Question: On the applicant page am I doing anything besides checking no ffl? My number and email does pop up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#15]
As pointed out earlier, you need to follow this guide...
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As pointed out earlier, you need to follow this guide...
View Quote

Yes thanks. That's how I knew to click the no ffl box and the other items coming up just. Ill look at it again to see if I missed something there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
So now I'm all done with the green box that says the application has been validated successfully. Check the certify box. Click pay. And when the CC box pops up its blank. Only option is to close so I'm stuck again...
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So now I'm all done with the green box that says the application has been validated successfully. Check the certify box. Click pay. And when the CC box pops up its blank. Only option is to close so I'm stuck again...
View Quote

I usually just waited it out. Sometimes it took 10 minutes or more.

Either way, you can definitely save and come back if needed. I always saved before moving to next step.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Either way, you can definitely save and come back if needed. I always saved before moving to next step.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried several times over a 15min span. So ill try again later. Its a common thing then?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I tried several times over a 15min span. So ill try again later. Its a common thing then?
View Quote

It definitely used to be...wasn't sure if it was after the system came back up or not.

Click Pay, let the window pop up, then watch an inning of the MLB All-Star Game. It may open up. Trying several times in 15 minutes isn't waiting long enough if it's working as slow as it used to.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yea I had that open to help me but without the right browser you can't even register.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't get Firefox to work for no reason!

I ended up using IE and getting it to work at least to the point where I stopped.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#23]
This is buried in the Visual Guide thread in case it helps anybody:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for the write-up. I wish I could actually use it though. Who the hell still uses IE8!?
View Quote

Figured this one out and it might help someone else:

-Go to the atfonline.gov website
-After it loads click F12 to bring up the developer options
-At the bottom of your screen a window will pop-up
-At the top there are drop-down bars, click the one that has you current version of IE, and select IE8
-You should now be operating in IE8
-??????
-Profit
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, don't let your browser auto fill fields. I found that sometimes screwed me up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Also, don't let your browser auto fill fields. I found that sometimes screwed me up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Yup ran into this and the op's problem when I filed earlier this month. I saved and went back a page and clicked next and didn't let anything autofill and it worked.   On chrome btw

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Tried till midnight with no luck. Gonna try it right at6 when the system comes back up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Day 2

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#28]
And now after about 50minutes it logs me out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Have you tried using IE and changing it to IE 8 mode?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm using Chrome and having the same issue as the OP was with the "City" blank not populating or being able to dropdown.  Needless to say I haven't gotten very far.  

ETA: Third browser is the charm.  Chrome and IE didn't work for my but Firefox at least let me get registered.  

ETA 2:  OK now I'm stuck at the "Pay" screen.  It's just a blank window with one button that says "Close".  Ug    I am SO close!

ETA 3: Got it! Only had to go back and forth between my Laptop, Tablet and iPhone and use 4 different browsers but I finally submitted. I think.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I was able to get mine done today finally. Changing to IE8 would not work on my laptop or closest library computer but did at the library in the next town over. The wait begins....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top