Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 12:24:21 PM EDT
My friend / FFL is selling his Noveske 10.5" piston upper with Yankee Hill Phantom suppressor for $2350, plus the $400 ATF cut. I know the rifle is BA and he has $2700 in it alone w/o suppressor.
Question is, I have a very nice Noveske SBR lower already with a blackout upper. You guys with multiple uppers feel its worth it not to change the uppers when heading to the range? It's alot of money when I can just buy a 556 upper and use my 7.62 suppressor on it.

It is ALOT of money, Here is a couple of pic's. It has the Vltor monolithic upper, dimpled barrel and about every goodie you can think of.

" />" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing Noveske I see is the lower. The upper is not a Vltor, its a Mega with a Mega Piston kit. The flash hider in the pics is not even for the YHM suppressor. The suppressor is a YHM Phantom QD which retails for like $600. I don't see the point of buying it used and having to pay that much in tax stamps.

You could duplicate the setup for less than $2300
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing Noveske I see is the lower. The upper is not a Vltor, its a Mega with a Mega Piston kit. The flash hider in the pics is not even for the YHM suppressor. The suppressor is a YHM Phantom QD which retails for like $600. I don't see the point of buying it used and having to pay that much in tax stamps.

You could duplicate the setup for less than $2300
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That Mega upper is not made anymore because they were threatened with a lawsuit for copyright infringement, so there is some value in that. If it's worth that price, IDK.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Bad deal IMO, I know he's got a lot of cash wrapped up in it but that's not your problem, everyone knows SBRs and suppressor a make bad investments and the custom camp dip is cool but it you'll never get the money you put into it back.

As others have mentioned you could build it for less. Plus do you really want it? If so then pay what he's asking, but if you're indifferent and are just trying to help out a friend that needs cash then he needs to come down on the price significantly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The way I see it, is don't take advice about a gun from someone who can't even install the KNS pins the correct way. Also, he wants to charge that kind of money and the gun doesn't even have a BAD ASS on it? to me it's very overpriced. The only thing that would maybe be worth paying the premium would be the Mega upper.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
If it was for the whole rifle then yes that price makes sense, but just the upper... No, way too much. In my opinion at least. Others may feel differently.

You are going to have a half multicam half black rifle, to me that would just look weird. Plus like others have said you could build your own (with top of the line parts I might add) for that price or less really if you take your time. The stamp cost just makes it even tougher of a sale, if he wants to move it he should cover one of the transfer checks.

Doesn't sound like he's giving you much of a "deal" at that price and using you more to get as much money as he can out of his custom build.

Hope that helps :)

Seems like the hive is pretty unanimous on letting this one go. :)

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:55:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope. Looks like an expensive pile of parts. Who knows if they even play well together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top