Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 6:06:43 PM EDT
Don't even know if I'm doing this posting correctly but I am wondering if anyone could advise me of a shop who is familiar with the correct engraving for an SBR in the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas.

Yep, I'm a newbie.
Thanks men
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Read this thread Ident

Ident is in Rockwall, I would call them up and make an appointment to walk in and get it engraved.  They do that on Tues and Thurs evenings for local people so you don't have to wait 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read this thread Ident

Ident is in Rockwall, I would call them up and make an appointment to walk in and get it engraved.  They that on Tues and Thurs evenings.
View Quote

This, 100% this.  Give them a call.  I hear if you make an appointment you can have it done while you wait.  Then again if you just sent a F1 off, waiting on your lower to be sent back will give you some hope
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't used them yet but my next one I am going to take to House of Blades in Ft. Worth. They laser engrave anything for $25 while you wait.

You could also take it to a trophy shop  or a jewelry shop that does engraving.
There is nothing special that they need to know about engraving for a SBR except it needs to be at least .003" deep.
Just make sure to use your name or trust name exactly as it is on the Form 1 along with your city and state.

Example:
BLSTexas Trust
MyTown,TX
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Ident - and if you don't have to wait the two months I just waited be going local, then even better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ident - and if you don't have to wait the two months I just waited be going local, then even better.
View Quote

As long as you don't mind paying $60.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't you find a local laser engraver ? Give them the specs and it shouldn't be so expensive.
Look, I'm kinda lucky. I found a local guy that used to he a gunsmith. He runs an laser engraving service out of his garage. He knew all the NFA stuff. 30 minutes and $17 later it was done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I like going the local engraver route as well.   He engraves it to the minimum size and depth that the ATF requires, then I take it home and darken the engraving with Birchwood Casey alunimum black (degreasing thoroughly and leaving it wet while dabbing the solution on just like the instruction says).  

Looks great and is very inconspicuous, and I have fun in the process.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like going the local engraver route as well.   He engraves it to the minimum size and depth that the ATF requires, then I take it home and darken the engraving with Birchwood Casey alunimum black (degreasing thoroughly and leaving it wet while dabbing the solution on just like the instruction says).  

Looks great and is very inconspicuous, and I have fun in the process.

View Quote

Just one thing to clarify here: there is not a size requirement for NFA engraving, only depth.

The size requirement is for the serial number only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top