Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked SBR FAQ (Page 22 of 26)
Page / 26
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 6:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rekles75] [#1]
I read most and skimed a little of this entire thread. (wasted 30 something pages on before the AWB was lifted).

I have a couple of questions for "Trust setup" .....

1) Do I select Individual or Corporation box on line 2?
2) Engraving is ....
"Trust Name"
City, State Zip Code or no Zip Code

I am getting conflicting answers

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]

My Form 1 is currently submitted but has not entered Pending status. Yesterday, I realized a few mistakes in the Trust document that need addressed. What is the best way to handle this?

I plan to print the new Trust including all sections, the Declaration of Trust, Schedule A, and Assignment of Property and have them notarized. I will then send a complete photocopy attached to a letter stating the situation and deeming the former document null and void.

Will this suffice? Any advice? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 9:10:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: soldierman79] [#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rekles75:
I read most and skimed a little of this entire thread. (wasted 30 something pages on before the AWB was lifted).

I have a couple of questions for "Trust setup" .....

1) Do I select Individual or Corporation box on line 2?
2) Engraving is ....
"Trust Name"
City, State Zip Code or no Zip Code

I am getting conflicting answers

1. Corporation or Other Business Entity  
2. Trust Name (does not have to include "Revocable Living Trust", but the full trust name must be used in section 3b.
City, State is the engraving.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the engraving have to be in all caps?  Or can it be a mix of upper and lower case?
Also, I've never seen an requirements on size, only location.  Use your own discretion on legibility I assume?
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bermuda8:
I thought i read somewhere that the CLEO signature requirement was eliminated for individual non-trust - am i correct?

Thanks
View Quote

Bueller?
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Runs-N-Guns_66] [#8]
Hey everyone, I am filling out my SBR paperwork right now, and had a couple questions, but didnt want to waste a new topic...

in 3b, do I need to put my full name including middle name, or can I just put first and last?
does anyone know the OAL of a 10.5 barrel with a UBR stock on an AR?
EDIT: Im filling out the certification of compliance. Do I need to fill in 2.? How do i need to fill it in?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my fingerprints and photos ready. All I need to know know is whether first and last name is all that is needed, and what to put down on the compliance paperwork.
I think I figured out the OAL by looking at some other SBR online. Should be 30 inches with 10.5" barrel and UBR stock. Does this sound correct? it it .50" shorter than a 10.5 with CTR stock.
Can anyone help me finish off this paperwork so I can drop it off to my Sheriff in the morning?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:12:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pavil58ar] [#10]
Can the engraving be applied to the mag well lips just before the transition to the inside of the mag well? My Spike's lower seems to have ample room there.

For caliber I guess 'Multi' will not fly even though the receiver is labeled that way?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By pavil58ar:
Can the engraving be applied to the mag well lips just before the transition to the inside of the mag well? My Spike's lower seems to have ample room there.

For caliber I guess 'Multi' will not fly even though the receiver is labeled that way?
View Quote

No multi on the Form, just pick one caliber.  You can use as many calibers as you want, but the form can only have 1.

As far as the magwell lip....I dont see why not, it is visible there......but will the engraver be willing to do it there?  My engraver gave me 2 choices on where they would put the engraving.  I didnt mind because one of the choices was where I wanted it, but just make sure that they can or will do it where you want it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
All the info I read about  is the qualifications to build an sbr
what if the sar 15 I  plan to purchase is manufactured as an sbr already? ( 7.5 in barrel)
is there any additional paperwork i need other than standard purchasing paperwork?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Dustin0415:
All the info I read about  is the qualifications to build an sbr
what if the sar 15 I  plan to purchase is manufactured as an sbr already? ( 7.5 in barrel)
is there any additional paperwork i need other than standard purchasing paperwork?
View Quote

You do a form 4(purchase) instead of a form 1(manufacture)
Then the rifle has to sit at the shop for the 9 months, until you receive the stamp.

The shop will handle the form though, they'll have it and help you fill it out.

The other issue is; if you found the rifle online and are transfering it to your local FFL, there is a whole transfer process.  SO it'll end up taking about a year or more before its in your hands(after you purchase it).
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
holy smokes i had no idea, im most likely buying it online  so it' be an entire year !!!
damn ....
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 11:45:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronnoc] [#15]
When doing the form one and putting in the barrel length, say 10.5 inches, then are you obligated to have at least one upper with a barrel of 10.5 inches in length?  Or can you just put that in and then get whatever upper barrel length you want?  

If the trust docs and such you are attaching as a whole are greater than 3MB, can you break your trust up into parts?  Can you submit it as a zip file?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#16]
So I should be receiving my first Form1 stamp in the next month or so (pending march16), and I live and shoot most frequently in MO. However, I do travel to IL often to shoot with friends on private property.  Do I need to do anything specific to be able to take my registered SBR to his place to shoot?

Also, what about traveling around the US? My job travels quit a bit, and never thought it might be a problem taking my SBR with me....

Any help guys? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By kcrangle:
So I should be receiving my first Form1 stamp in the next month or so (pending march16), and I live and shoot most frequently in MO. However, I do travel to IL often to shoot with friends on private property.  Do I need to do anything specific to be able to take my registered SBR to his place to shoot?

Also, what about traveling around the US? My job travels quit a bit, and never thought it might be a problem taking my SBR with me....

Any help guys? Thanks!
View Quote

Once you get your form1 back, you will need to send in a form 5320.20 for each state. Just put down an address in that state and you can take it anywhere that's legal. I believe that if you are going to take the sbr lower, but only take a normal 16"+ barreled upper, then no forms are necessary. But if taking your sbr, in a sbr configuration, to a different state, then the approved 5320.20s are needed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
When doing the form one and putting in the barrel length, say 10.5 inches, then are you obligated to have at least one upper with a barrel of 10.5 inches in length?  Or can you just put that in and then get whatever upper barrel length you want?  

If the trust docs and such you are attaching as a whole are greater than 3MB, can you break your trust up into parts?  Can you submit it as a zip file?

Thanks.
View Quote

You can temporarily use any upper length/calliber you choose but you still need the ability to change it back to the orig configuration. I believe batfe requests notification if you perm change the configuration, but I'm not positive if it's necessarily.

I had a 9mm sbr with a 5 inch barrel. I sold the upper, and now use a 4.5" barreled upper in .22lr. I sent the letter, and got the confirmation back.

No idea on the trust stuff....
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By scottMO:

Once you get your form1 back, you will need to send in a form 5320.20 for each state. Just put down an address in that state and you can take it anywhere that's legal. I believe that if you are going to take the sbr lower, but only take a normal 16"+ barreled upper, then no forms are necessary. But if taking your sbr, in a sbr configuration, to a different state, then the approved 5320.20s are needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Any help guys? Thanks!

Ok gotcha, and once you send it in, you are good to go forever after? Or do you have to one each time you take a trip? And how long is the approval process for that?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Ok gotcha, and once you send it in, you are good to go forever after? Or do you have to one each time you take a trip? And how long is the approval process for that?
View All Quotes

Any help guys? Thanks!

The 5320.20s can be a maximum of one year.

Turnaround times for me in 2013 were anywhere from 2-9 weeks to get them back
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Awesome. So once a year I need to fill one out for any state I'll be shooting in. Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. Is there any fee associated with the form?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Where's the FAQ for using a trust to acquire an SBR? I already have a trust for my suppressors, does it need to be amended for SBRs or do I have to make a new trust?
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Where's the FAQ for using a trust to acquire an SBR? I already have a trust for my suppressors, does it need to be amended for SBRs or do I have to make a new trust?
View Quote

You do the paperwork for the SBR; once approved, you add it to your trust's Schedule A (or however your Trust is set up) just like a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#25]
working on my form 1 for my SBR build, but some of the questions are a bit deceiving to me, mainly because they want a particular answer

"type of firearm to be made" according to the instructions it shows "firearm" then defines it as pretty much all rifles and shotguns even short barrel and 16/18 barrel shotguns and rifles, then goes on to muffler/silencer/destructive device

do they just want "firearm" or "short barrel rifle"

for model, is it whats printed on the lower? in my case AKAR15

caliber or gauge size, would i put 5.56 NATO or 5.56 or 5.56x45 or are they all acceptable

name and location of original manufacture, i would guess thats me as i am "manufacturing a firearm" even though my lower receiver has another company name on it and s/n?

"additional description" do they want the company and everything that printed on it? in my case above the trigger and hammer pins it has " alaska illusive firearms north pole alaska U.S.A"

and for information that does not apply, leave it blank or N/A?

thanks in advance, sorry for all the questions, but i want to make sure its right, and this is kind of confusing to me, i read about 10 pages back on the thread, mostly trust and barrel length and OAL stuff,  thanks again

this my first NFA item
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO] [#26]
Originally Posted By frankenstien:
working on my form 1 for my SBR build, but some of the questions are a bit deceiving to me, mainly because they want a particular answer

"type of firearm to be made" according to the instructions it shows "firearm" then defines it as pretty much all rifles and shotguns even short barrel and 16/18 barrel shotguns and rifles, then goes on to muffler/silencer/destructive device

caliber or gauge size, would i put 5.56 NATO or 5.56 or 5.56x45 or are they all acceptable

name and location of original manufacture, i would guess thats me as i am "manufacturing a firearm" even though my lower receiver has another company name on it and s/n?

"additional description" do they want the company and everything that printed on it? in my case above the trigger and hammer pins it has " alaska illusive firearms north pole alaska U.S.A"

thanks in advance, sorry for all the questions, but i want to make sure its right, and this is kind of confusing to me, i read about 10 pages back on the thread, mostly trust and barrel length and OAL stuff,  thanks again

this my first NFA item
View Quote

Type- SBR
Model - whatever is listed on the receiver as the model
Cal- list whatever you are making/using as your primary cal. If no change to whatever it is now,  use whatever is listed on the receiver or barrel, any of the above will also work.
You are the maker/manufacturer- use your name and city state. No abbreviations unless they are "common" (like KC or STL MO for Kansas City or St. Louis MO,   If it's a trust/LLC, list it with no abbreviations. Whatever you put here is what you will be engraving on the firearm.
Additional description- you shouldn't need anything. You are making one sbr in a specific caliber and OAL. After you get approved, and make that firearm, you can then use other calibers/barrel lengths/OALs
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 10:20:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#27]
Originally Posted By frankenstien:

View Quote

There's a little bit of bad info in the previous answer to your questions.

Assuming you are using an existing lower receiver, and not one you built out of an 80% lower...you are not the manufacturer. You are simply the maker.

The name and location for the manufacturer is what's engraved in the lower. You, as maker provided your information in the applicant fields.

The model and serial number should match what's engraved in the lower as well.

The caliber is simple...5.56mm. NATO and/or the length is just extra information that's unnecessary.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#28]

You can temporarily use any upper length/calliber you choose but you still need the ability to change it back to the orig configuration. I believe batfe requests notification if you perm change the configuration, but I'm not positive if it's necessarily.

I had a 9mm sbr with a 5 inch barrel. I sold the upper, and now use a 4.5" barreled upper in .22lr. I sent the letter, and got the confirmation back.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:

Thanks.

You are not required to keep the original upper, per the ATF response I had to the question.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a quick question - after waiting the wait, I finally got my form 1 in the mail.  I am ready to get it engraved but I am confused about the caliber marking.  The receiver that I am using has the "multi" designation on the left side along with the serial number.  As per ATF regs, I had to proclaim what caliber I am going to build the SBR in.  Do I need to engrave that information on the receiver as well?

9mm
D Duck
Anytown NH

Thanks,
Gerry
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By str8shuutr45:
I have a quick question - after waiting the wait, I finally got my form 1 in the mail.  I am ready to get it engraved but I am confused about the caliber marking.  The receiver that I am using has the "multi" designation on the left side along with the serial number.  As per ATF regs, I had to proclaim what caliber I am going to build the SBR in.  Do I need to engrave that information on the receiver as well?

9mm
D Duck
Anytown NH

Thanks,
Gerry
View Quote

Most likely not, as the barrel should be engraved from manufacturer for each upper.

"Multi" on the lower won't matter.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Most likely not, as the barrel should be engraved from manufacturer for each upper.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By str8shuutr45:

9mm
D Duck
Anytown NH

Thanks,
Gerry

Great, thanks! - It'll give me some options for the future that way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m499:
AR-15 SBR Overall Lengths

From Colt’s website:

10.5" barrel = 29.00” Extended (28.9”)

11.5" barrel = 30.00” Extended

14.5" barrel = 33.00" Extended

16.0" barrel = 34.60” & 35.00” <----??? (not sure why the Gov't model differs, probably just an error)

Standard difference between stock collapsed and extended was +3.25”

I then brilliantly extrapolated the following:  

5.00" barrel = 23.50” Extended

7.00" barrel = 25.50” Extended

9.25" barrel = 27.75” Extended
View Quote

If I have a collapsible stock do i put OAL as extended or collapsed?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Tbr1806:
View All Quotes

From Colt’s website:

10.5&#34; barrel = 29.00” Extended (28.9”)

11.5&#34; barrel = 30.00” Extended

14.5&#34; barrel = 33.00&#34; Extended

16.0&#34; barrel = 34.60” & 35.00” &#60;----??? (not sure why the Gov't model differs, probably just an error)

5.00&#34; barrel = 23.50” Extended

7.00&#34; barrel = 25.50” Extended

9.25&#34; barrel = 27.75” Extended

OAL is with extended stock...

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
View All Quotes

From Colt’s website:

10.5" barrel = 29.00” Extended (28.9”)

11.5" barrel = 30.00” Extended

14.5" barrel = 33.00" Extended

16.0" barrel = 34.60” & 35.00” <----??? (not sure why the Gov't model differs, probably just an error)

5.00" barrel = 23.50” Extended

7.00" barrel = 25.50” Extended

9.25" barrel = 27.75” Extended

Just double checking. thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#35]
So, Gov. Inslee of Washington state just signed a SBR law into place , it goes in effect after 90 days.. the big question: Can I fill out my form 1 now and send it to ATF or do I have to wait?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#36]
and which is the way to go, through a trust or just do it myself.. I need info on this. How much is a nfa trust and how long does it take to set up. advantages/disadvantages????
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By badorderbob:
So, Gov. Inslee of Washington state just signed a SBR law into place , it goes in effect after 90 days.. the big question: Can I fill out my form 1 now and send it to ATF or do I have to wait?
View All Quotes

Send it whenever. It the law isn't in effect when they get around to looking at your application in 7-10 months, it just won't get approved.

and which is the way to go, through a trust or just do it myself.. I need info on this. How much is a nfa trust and how long does it take to set up. advantages/disadvantages????

You can pay anywhere from basically nothing (using examples found online) to $500+ for a lawyer to draft one.

Several online places to do them for $100 or less, including some of the retailers that sell NFA items. For example, I know Silencer Shop offers them online. I know my local shop includes it for free if you want to go that route.

Advantages today are it's faster that mailing in paper forms, and you don't have to provide CLEO signature, fingerprints or pictures. However, the EForms approvals have crept up from 90 days to 130+ days in the last couple months while the paper forms seem to be getting a little quicker than they have been. Those trends may or may not continue. There's pending legislation (known as 41P) that may add the CLEO sig/prints/pics to trust applications as soon as 1Q15, but nobody really knows. The major downside to EForms is you can't make corrections. You just get denied if you make a mistake. With paper forms, you get a chance to correct it.

With a trust, you can use either the paper or electronic method. As an individual, the paper forms through snail mail are your only option.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks, not sure if I want to spend the extra money on the trust, a nice sbr upper cost enough, plus the tax. I found a couple diy trust online. I'll talk to my class 3 ffl and ask him . Law goes into effect on June 12th

Send it whenever. It the law isn't in effect when they get around to looking at your application in 7-10 months, it just won't get approved.

You can pay anywhere from basically nothing (using examples found online) to $500+ for a lawyer to draft one.

Several online places to do them for $100 or less, including some of the retailers that sell NFA items. For example, I know Silencer Shop offers them online. I know my local shop includes it for free if you want to go that route.

Advantages today are it's faster that mailing in paper forms, and you don't have to provide CLEO signature, fingerprints or pictures. However, the EForms approvals have crept up from 90 days to 130+ days in the last couple months while the paper forms seem to be getting a little quicker than they have been. Those trends may or may not continue. There's pending legislation (known as 41P) that may add the CLEO sig/prints/pics to trust applications as soon as 1Q15, but nobody really knows. The major downside to EForms is you can't make corrections. You just get denied if you make a mistake. With paper forms, you get a chance to correct it.

With a trust, you can use either the paper or electronic method. As an individual, the paper forms through snail mail are your only option.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
You may want to "Ask the Experts" at ATFOnline.com before submitting now because when you file the Form 1 you are attesting that making and possessing it is not a violation of local or state law which in your case it currently is...

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#40]
You may want to "Ask the Experts" at ATFOnline.com before submitting now because when you file the Form 1 you are attesting that making and possessing it is not a violation of local or state law which in your case it currently is...  
I am going to ask the local atf office and see what they say...

View All Quotes
I am going to ask the local atf office and see what they say...

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#41]
IN for the above answer and to ask this:

Let's say I wanted to SBR a home built Krink.  First of all, is that a good idea to use a home built receiver as the basis for an SBR? (properly done and heat treated)

I assume form 1 it and use yourself as manufacturer and maker?

Depending on the answer, I may just wait an buy a nodakspud when they become available.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bassman2:

I assume form 1 it and use yourself as manufacturer and maker?
View Quote

If you're using an existing firearm with a serial number, the manufacturer is the company with their info engraved already. You are simply the maker of the firearm.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I just ordered a lower for an SBR build.  When it gets to the dealer, should I have them
check "Handgun" on the Form 4473 so I can build it as a pistol before I submit my
Form 1 and while waiting for the stamp?

Also, does anyone know what the overall length would be with an 8" barrel and Magpul
CTR stock?

And finally, just to be sure, overall length is from the far end of the stock to the tip of
the barrel and doesn't count any extra handguard?  For example, I want to put 12" or
13" handguards with an 8" barrel.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TheMountaineer:
I just ordered a lower for an SBR build.  When it gets to the dealer, should I have them
check "Handgun" on the Form 4473 so I can build it as a pistol before I submit my

Also, does anyone know what the overall length would be with an 8" barrel and Magpul
CTR stock?

And finally, just to be sure, overall length is from the far end of the stock to the tip of
the barrel and doesn't count any extra handguard?  For example, I want to put 12" or

Thanks all.
View Quote

1. Lower should be transferred as "other"
2. I don't know...but a decent estimate is barrel + 19"
3. It's supposed to be from the end of a fully extended stock to the tip of the barrel, including permanently attached muzzle device. If the handguard is removable, it shouldn't be counted. I asked ATF about an AR57 monolithic upper and they still said end of barrel. However, I know at least one person in the business (and on this site) that said local agents have told him it's the furthest point that's permanent.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#45]

3. It's supposed to be from the end of a fully extended stock to the tip of the barrel, including permanently attached muzzle device. If the handguard is removable, it shouldn't be counted. I asked ATF about an AR57 monolithic upper and they still said end of barrel. However, I know at least one person in the business (and on this site) that said local agents have told him it's the furthest point that's permanent.
View All Quotes

CTR stock?

Thanks all.

Thanks, BigWaylon.  I posted a new topic to get specifics on the CTR/8" barrel length.

Another question - the Form 1 has Individual, Corporation or Other Business Entity, or Government Entity as choices for who's filing.  What do I select if I'm using a trust?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:18:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlabamaPaul] [#46]
Corporation or Other Business Entity

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#47]

Thanks, BigWaylon.  I posted a new topic to get specifics on the CTR/8" barrel length.

Another question - the Form 1 has Individual, Corporation or Other Business Entity, or Government Entity as choices for who's filing.  What do I select if I'm using a trust?
View Quote

Saw the post...and the answer. Hmmm...wonder what 8" + 19" is?

Process of elimination should've gotten you the second one...you're not filing as an individual, and you're not a Gov't Entity. Which leave option B, as pointed out by AP.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Process of elimination should've gotten you the second one...you're not filing as an individual, and you're not a Gov't Entity. Which leave option B, as pointed out by AP.
View All Quotes

Well, I didn't want the "decent estimate" of 19" + barrel length, I wanted it to be exact.  But you were correct as confirmed by AlabamaPaul who owns a CTR-stocked SBR.

And process of elimination doesn't work too well if none of the choices fit very well.  A trust isn't a business entity...  But that's what I'll use.

Thanks again, BigWaylon and AlabamaPaul
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey all first timer here prepping to do SBR submission on a AR Pistol.

Just want to be clear on these items:

3a. (Trade Name) I don't beileve this applies.

3b. This should be the exact name of trust and the address of it (being my home address)

4b. "SBR" should be ok? Or does it need to be written out "Short Barrel Rifle"

8. My name, printed with "Settlor of TRUST NAME" ?

Also, I have a 7.5 Diplomat therefore using the chart here 26" should be the extended length?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BigMikeDFW:
Hey all first timer here prepping to do SBR submission on a AR Pistol.

Just want to be clear on these items:

3a. (Trade Name) I don't beileve this applies. all if my paper forms and EForms have trust name in 3a. I evidently put it there on the paper forms, but EForms automatically populates it with the Licensee/Permittee name you supply...leave it blank when using EForms)

3b. This should be the exact name of trust and the address of it (being my home address) yes

4b. "SBR" should be ok? Or does it need to be written out "Short Barrel Rifle" I spelled it out on paper, and the selection in EForms is also spelled out[/url]

8. My name, printed with "Settlor of TRUST NAME" ?[red]name with whatever title you need...grantor, settler, trustee[/url]

Also, I have a 7.5 Diplomat therefore using the chart here 26" should be the extended length?[red]I don't know this one for sure. Barrel + 19" is a decent estimate.
View Quote

Answered what I could. Based on your questions, it seems like your filing on paper. I'd recommend using EForms for this. Should be faster, and some of the questions are answered for you. See the Visual Guide sticky for any help you may need.
Page / 26
Tacked SBR FAQ (Page 22 of 26)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top