ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 6/13/2012 10:52:23 PM
[Last Edit: 6/18/2012 3:36:18 PM by Joe_Sakic]
Gent's,

Thinking about getting one...can you guys offer any feedback that own or, have owned one of their builds? The one I'm looking at is built on a Remington magnum action in .300 WM.

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Got it boys - here are the spec's I was provided:
GAP .300WM McMillan A-5 Desert

-Remington 700 Magnum action - trued.
-KMW tactical bolt knob installed (welded on).
-GAP bolt release.
-Remington "old style" trigger tuned to +/- 2lb.
-Badger 20MOA base.
-Bartlein 28" MTU 1:10, 8 flutes. Chambered for 210s/208s at magazine length. Extra shank for a set-back.
-McMillan A-5 Desert, Sniper fill, KMW Loggerhead adjustable cheek piece, 13.75 LOP, 4-flush cups, 1-stud, 1" decelerator recoil pad.
-Badger M5 DBM.
-RAD Tac-Latch installed on M5.
-Pillar bedded by GAP.
-Badger FTE (5/8X24).
-All metal coated in Coyote Cerakote.
-Weighs 13.5lbs without the bipod.

Glass, rings, bipod pending - already got the TAB gear sling & extra AI mags

w/5 round mag -

w/10 round mag -

w/some AIAE MkIII company -
Rob01
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 6:59:53 AM
Can't go wrong with GAP. Own 5 of their rifles and all are very accurate. I have a 300WM built by them also off a Rem 700 with Manners T3 stock, Badger DBM and Bartlein barrel with Surefire brake and it's very accurate slinging the 208 AMAX.
http://www.teamblaster.net
REL1203
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:19:38 AM
GAP makes great rifles, really good rifles, but they have become a bit of a Rifle Factory/Assembly Line style cause they have grown so much in popularity. They still make great rifles. I am in the process of deciding what I want to do with the money I just recieved from selling a couple rifles. I am looking for my first custom rifle, and originally i was set on GAP, but I have recently really started leaning towards a Gradous rifle because then it truly is custom. Take a look there, slightly more expensive, but includes things like a Jewel trigger.
http://www.gradousrifles.com/
sdman11890
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:47:37 AM
I emailed 8 or 10 'smiths a few days ago about a build I want to do. GAP still hasn't gotten back to me, while Mark from Short Action Customs responded to my email the very next morning, and we've been talking about what I want/need ever since. I'd highly recommend them.
Overkill is underrated.
REL1203
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:26:36 AM
Originally Posted By sdman11890:
I emailed 8 or 10 'smiths a few days ago about a build I want to do. GAP still hasn't gotten back to me, while Mark from Short Action Customs responded to my email the very next morning, and we've been talking about what I want/need ever since. I'd highly recommend them.

This plays in to what I was saying. GAP has become so busy that a lot of people are just not hearing back from them. When I am giving someone $4k to build a rifle for me, I want to be able to talk to them. SAC is another company I have heard great things about.

BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 12:43:25 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 12:59:14 PM by BigHat]
Originally Posted By REL1203:

This plays in to what I was saying. GAP has become so busy that a lot of people are just not hearing back from them. When I am giving someone $4k to build a rifle for me, I want to be able to talk to them. SAC is another company I have heard great things about.

Posting on these boards can unfairly paint a particular company in a bad light so I just want to say that this is nothing more than one data point, my personal experience. I think GAP is overwhelmed a bit. I placed an order for one of their HRT bolt guns and provided deposit information. Lots of parperwork back and forth on the specs, prices, etc. It looked to be in the queue. About a two weeks later I called to inquire as to why the deposit hadn't been processed. The guy that took my initial order said that they sometimes wait for a batch and process them all at once and that I have nothing to worry about, just relax. Well that's what I did, almost feeling bad for "bugging them" to insure all was well, About 6 weeks later I notice while reviewing my credit card statement that it still hasnt been processed. I wrote to inquire and discovered the salesman never processed the order and NOTHING has been done on my rifle. When I spoke with George about it he apologized, but said there was little he could do, and aside from maybe asking for a favor or two from his suppliers, I still had the better part of promised four months to wait. I canceled my order. To do otherwise would reward very shoddy business practices. George agreed.

Do they make great rifles? From everything I've read and heard the answer is probably yes. I had opted to go with them. But if you decide to buy one from them be sure they don't drop the ball and leave you thinking your rifle is in the build process, when in reality the moron processing the order completely dropped the ball. I had almost gotten over being so upset about this until this thread emerged.

I'm REALLY beginning to hate these high-end builders that really don't have the people and resources in place to continue even average customer service while trying to meet the growing demand. I simply won't stand for it at the prices they charge.

REL1203
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:38:49 PM
Originally Posted By BigHat:

Posting on these boards can unfairly paint a particular company in a bad light so I just want to say that this is nothing more than one data point, my personal experience. I think GAP is overwhelmed a bit. I placed an order for one of their HRT bolt guns and provided deposit information. Lots of parperwork back and forth on the specs, prices, etc. It looked to be in the queue. About a two weeks later I called to inquire as to why the deposit hadn't been processed. The guy that took my initial order said that they sometimes wait for a batch and process them all at once and that I have nothing to worry about, just relax. Well that's what I did, almost feeling bad for "bugging them" to insure all was well, About 6 weeks later I notice while reviewing my credit card statement that it still hasnt been processed. I wrote to inquire and discovered the salesman never processed the order and NOTHING has been done on my rifle. When I spoke with George about it he apologized, but said there was little he could do, and aside from maybe asking for a favor or two from his suppliers, I still had the better part of promised four months to wait. I canceled my order. To do otherwise would reward very shoddy business practices. George agreed.

Do they make great rifles? From everything I've read and heard the answer is probably yes. I had opted to go with them. But if you decide to buy one from them be sure they don't drop the ball and leave you thinking your rifle is in the build process, when in reality the moron processing the order completely dropped the ball. I had almost gotten over being so upset about this until this thread emerged.

I'm REALLY beginning to hate these high-end builders that really don't have the people and resources in place to continue even average customer service while trying to meet the growing demand. I simply won't stand for it at the prices they charge.

Who did you end up ordering your rifle from since you canceled your order at GAP (which I dont blame you one bit for, I would have thought George would have done a little more in this case)?

BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:13:06 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 2:14:56 PM by BigHat]
Who did you end up ordering your rifle from since you canceled your order at GAP (which I dont blame you one bit for, I would have thought George would have done a little more in this case)?

After an extensive review of others and much advice from the foks around here I selected a DTS rifle but haven't placed the order yet. I had FINALLY also got word that my Wilson Combat Tac Supergrade was done and with all the added finsihing work that set me back A LOT so I took a breather.

Funny to see the reference to SAC. As I'm sure you know, DTS only threads its barrels at the 338 spec. I had ordered a Surefire brake on the GAP rifle and while waiting purchased brakes and an SF suppressor in 308 for another rifle. Going with a DTS rifle means I need the barrel rethreaded to accomodate the brake and supp. SAC was very responsive to me when I asked if they could do it. After seeing the posts here I went to his site and noticed he does barrels for the DTS system. I'm going to reach out to him and see if he can build me a barrel in 308 threaded like I require and just buy the chassis from DTS.

George presented himself as gracious and apologetic, but offered no better answer than I'll put you back in the same queue. I think the comment about them being assemblers now is apt. He's at the mercy of the suppy chain.
Croft32
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:28:02 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 10:32:08 AM by Croft32]

I had an Armalite AR10 upper built by them and, yes, at times they may not be at the computer at the exact moment that you emailed them. A lot of the delay is due to folks (like me ) who call/email about how far along their builds are...etc.

I thought I had a problem with my upper. The brass was coming out with the primer blown out and the rim had severe wear from the extractor.
I sent Ken an email and the next day I received an email from George...the big guy/man-in-charge...the owner. Then I received a call from Ken and was on the phone with him for ~ 30 minutes.
Nicest, most down to Earth, and incredibly knowledgeable staff that I've ever talked to.

A lot of people are nervous and get paranoid (especially as the build nears the estimated completion date) when they shell out thousands of $$, but I can say with 100% confidence that GA Precision are 100% good to go. Their rifles are pretty damn accurate and their customer service is second to none.

I will be purchasing from them again and the second time around, I promise not to call/email about updates after I place the order!

By the way, the problem with the rifle was the ammo that I was running through it - I was unaware that the Hornady Super Performace round wasn't the best idea to use in a semi-auto

ETA in green.
BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:46:08 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 2:50:55 PM by BigHat]
Originally Posted By Croft32:

I had an Armalite AR10 upper built by them and, yes, at times they may be at the computer at the exact moment that you emailed them. A lot of the delay is due to folk (like me ) who call/email about how far along their builds are...etc.

I thought I had a problem with my upper. The brass was coming out with the primer blown out and the rim had severe wear from the extractor.
I sent Ken an email and the next day I received an email from George...the big guy/man-in-charge...the owner. Then I received a call from Ken and was on the phone with him for ~ 30 minutes.
Nicest, most down to Earth, and incredibly knowledgeable staff that I've ever talked to.

A lot of people are nervous and get paranoid (especially as the build nears the estimated completion date) when they shell out thousands of $$, but I can say with 100% confidence that GA Precision are 100% good to go. Their rifles are pretty damn accurate and their customer service is second to none.

I will be purchasing from them again and the second time around, I promise not to call/email about updates after I place the order until I get the call that it's done!

By the way, the problem with the rifle was the ammo that I was running through it - I was unaware that the Hornady Super Performace round wasn't the best idea to use in a semi-auto

I have zero use for Ken and feel George should have fired him. He said my order was "good to go" without even bothering to check on if he had forwarded it into the system - - all the while acting irritated at me for "bugging' them. I understand that I could just have been VERY unlucky and this is an isolated case, but I'd ask for ANYONE else if I were to call in an order on a GAP rifle. One thing is undisputed though, Ken never picked up the phone to apologize and that makes him a weasel in my book.
Rob01
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:50:22 PM
Croft it was said in jest but that really is an issue that effects everyone's customer service. People constantly calling weekly asking about their build or changing specs mid build. GAP has 2-3 people just to answer phones and emails. If any of you could see Ken's list of emails you would wonder how they get through them. Yes they are busy but it's for a reason. They build an excellent product and have a great reputation for doing so.

The comment about "rifle factory/assembly line" like it's a bad thing is just not right. They do everything the smaller guys do and know how to do it as well. Just because they are busier doesn't make the way they build rifles and their knowledge any less. Every rifle gets the attention to detail and craftsmanship it deserves. If you think that their wait is long then look around at other type of weapons makers like custom .45s or Sharps rifles. You will be waiting years.

Anyone can make a mistake. Are any of you guys perfect? I know I'm not and having been to GAP and seeing the customer service personnel and smiths at work I can tell you that if you order a rifle there it's going to be built to the best of their abilities and as fast as they can make them but remember they aren't just building your rifle but everyone else who ordered it ahead of you.
BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:58:28 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 3:21:07 PM by BigHat]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Croft it was said in jest but that really is an issue that effects everyone's customer service. People constantly calling weekly asking about their build or changing specs mid build. GAP has 2-3 people just to answer phones and emails. If any of you could see Ken's list of emails you would wonder how they get through them. Yes they are busy but it's for a reason. They build an excellent product and have a great reputation for doing so.

The comment about "rifle factory/assembly line" like it's a bad thing is just not right. They do everything the smaller guys do and know how to do it as well. Just because they are busier doesn't make the way they build rifles and their knowledge any less. Every rifle gets the attention to detail and craftsmanship it deserves. If you think that their wait is long then look around at other type of weapons makers like custom .45s or Sharps rifles. You will be waiting years.

Anyone can make a mistake. Are any of you guys perfect? I know I'm not and having been to GAP and seeing the customer service personnel and smiths at work I can tell you that if you order a rifle there it's going to be built to the best of their abilities and as fast as they can make them but remember they aren't just building your rifle but everyone else who ordered it ahead of you.

What you say is true, but would you have called after two weeks without your deposit being processed? How much longer than an additional 6 weeks would you have waited to check and see what's up? Is that really deemed "out of line"? I buy almost all custom stuff and Wilson truly sucks on being able to keep customers apprised on status also, but at least they get the work into the system. Personally, that's why I order and just try to forget about it until THEY call me. I've never made a call to check on status of the BUILD. If I took the same attitude regarding the deposit I'd still be waiting for my "fictional" rifle.

Edit: Enough on this from me. It's obvious I don't hold them in high regard, but again, I just have my lone data point and saying more would be unfair.
Rob01
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:15:44 PM
I wasn't speaking of your case which is not every day business there. It was a mistake. Obviously it would upset anyone but it was what it was. Does that mean that GAP does that for everyone? Obviously not as they have alot of builds in the pipe. After 2 weeks and no billing done I would have checked. And given it another 2 weeks and if again nothing then I would have checked again. I never said you were out of line for checking but you do seem awfully pissed about the situation which was a mistake. Sorry it happened to you but mistakes do happen to any business.
A10xrifle
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 6:58:14 PM
Guys, we are swamped and we do occasionally screw up an order, In Big Hats case the order was completed but failed to get to Tracey for processing, its was a mistake and Ken learned from it. BigHat fired off a scathing email full of condescending remarks to Ken and Ken apologized,. End of story. We built about 1700 rifles last year and 99.9% of them went from start to finish without any problems. 3-4 a year hit a bump in the road, we are not perfect and don't claim to be. when we make a mistake we own up to it and make it right. I offered to personally take care of Bighat and told him I would front his order so no time was lost, He thanked me but declined.

To the worries about GAP being an assembly line?? Anyone who has visited this shop knows otherwise and I invite anyone who is in the area to stop by anytime. There are 6 Lathes every smith here has and assigned work area and every rifle is built buy hand buy a single gunsmith. Bill, Logan, Matt, Ray, and Myself do all the Metalwork. We have a bedding area where Adrian, Earnie, Josh and Joe all Hand Fit and bed every rifle. Lionel does all the finishing in the building, and MSgt (Ret) Mark Hall 22 year 2112 USMC QC's every rifle that leaves the doors.

Without mentioning specifics, we also do a lot of work for smaller shops as we have equipment they don't have. we have always helped out any other gunsmiths that request a job better suited to the machines and experience of this shop.

Ken and Dustin try hardest to get back to callers but on average spend 20-40 min per customers answering questions and taking orders. There is just not enough time in the day to get back to everyone the same day (trust me I wish there was), everyone is eventually called back if a message is left. They also field about 120-140 emails a day and spend a lot or overtime keeping up. Ken is in here almost every weekend on his own time answering emails. Could I hire more personnel, Yes I could be not without added expense, one of my plans early on was to keep our costs down so more people can afford a nice rifle.

OK Back to work

George Gardner
G.A. Precision
BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:58:19 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 9:59:54 PM by BigHat]
Originally Posted By A10xrifle:
Guys, we are swamped and we do occasionally screw up an order, In Big Hats case the order was completed but failed to get to Tracey for processing, its was a mistake and Ken learned from it. BigHat fired off a scathing email full of condescending remarks to Ken and Ken apologized,. End of story. We built about 1700 rifles last year and 99.9% of them went from start to finish without any problems. 3-4 a year hit a bump in the road, we are not perfect and don't claim to be. when we make a mistake we own up to it and make it right. I offered to personally take care of Bighat and told him I would front his order so no time was lost, He thanked me but declined.

To the worries about GAP being an assembly line?? Anyone who has visited this shop knows otherwise and I invite anyone who is in the area to stop by anytime. There are 6 Lathes every smith here has and assigned work area and every rifle is built buy hand buy a single gunsmith. Bill, Logan, Matt, Ray, and Myself do all the Metalwork. We have a bedding area where Adrian, Earnie, Josh and Joe all Hand Fit and bed every rifle. Lionel does all the finishing in the building, and MSgt (Ret) Mark Hall 22 year 2112 USMC QC's every rifle that leaves the doors.

Without mentioning specifics, we also do a lot of work for smaller shops as we have equipment they don't have. we have always helped out any other gunsmiths that request a job better suited to the machines and experience of this shop.

Ken and Dustin try hardest to get back to callers but on average spend 20-40 min per customers answering questions and taking orders. There is just not enough time in the day to get back to everyone the same day (trust me I wish there was), everyone is eventually called back if a message is left. They also field about 120-140 emails a day and spend a lot or overtime keeping up. Ken is in here almost every weekend on his own time answering emails. Could I hire more personnel, Yes I could be not without added expense, one of my plans early on was to keep our costs down so more people can afford a nice rifle.

OK Back to work

George Gardner
G.A. Precision

George,
A fair assessment aside from one point you remembered in error. You told me the processing of my order would be pretty much like a new order and while it might get a bit better if you called in a few favors with suppliers there were no promises. That led to another part of the discussion you might also recall. That's the part where I said if you can't do anything material to get this back on track you aren't worthy of my business. Your employees drop the ball with no regret, so my keeping the order in force would, in principle, be wrong. You actually surprised me when you said that if you were me, you'd do the same thing. So no, you weren't offering to do anything to shoulder the burden of this error, let alone agree to deliver it on the first timeline. Ken replied to me in an email that he thought you could make up some of the time and I was being difficult. I told him that during our phone call you said that you couldn't do that. I then asked him which one of you two were right. I never heard back.

I think I have accurately portrayed you as generally a good guy that while very apologetic to me, did nothing to try to make the situation right. This is the truth. Don't challenge my credibility on this.

By the way, I'm not normally a hostile type. What set me off with your firm was the initial indifference to the screw up. I might still have the email that basically says " looks like we screwed up, advise on how you wish to proceed." I thought that was a really nice way to start dealing with a "dropped ball" on your end. Really nice touch. So I guess I'm the "golden bb." –– the one in a million that gets less than perfect service from GAP.

Time to rally the fans.
cchurchi
Burning gas and gunpowder since 1977
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:52:55 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 9:54:40 PM by cchurchi]
My experience with GAP was great and Ken was very helpful and patient during the ordering process. Truly a great company that creates fantastic rifles.

10 shots with factory FGMM 175gr at 220 yards - 0.710":

Coyote at 770 yards:

Soon to be re-barreled as a .260 Remington:

REL1203
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:09:52 PM

OK Back to work

George Gardner
G.A. Precision

Great reply George, thank you for taking the time to respond in this thread, things like this are great to see. I hope you didnt take offense at my "Assembly Line" comment, i meant no offense, because you guys have grown so much, and make so many rifles (1700 is rather impressive i must say), it was more so that you guys churn out a lot all the time. I would love to see your shop, but alas, being in VA, that isnt likely to happen. Thanks again for responding. Keep making badass rifles, I am still eyeballing a Hospitaller in .260

A10xrifle
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:43:15 PM
Bighat, I have the Email history if you would like me to post it. Nowhere was Ken condescending or placing blame, Even after You called him I Quote " A world class fucking moron"

I gave an accurate assessment of the history, I told you I would do all I could and gave no promises. I noted the mistake and apologized. I don't blame you for canceling the order either. But the Comments you emailed after the fact were about as unprofessional and childish as it gets. You stated you were a professional to me on the phone but you did a poor job of showing it in the Email to Ken. With your permission I will post it and you can let the masses decide if it was proper. Otherwise its a dead issue and not worth carrying on about any further.

George Gardner
G.A Precision
BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:14:29 PM
[Last Edit: 6/14/2012 11:29:02 PM by BigHat]
Bighat, I have the Email history if you would like me to post it. Nowhere was Ken condescending or placing blame, Even after You called him I Quote " A world class fucking moron"

I gave an accurate assessment of the history, I told you I would do all I could and gave no promises. I noted the mistake and apologized. I don't blame you for canceling the order either. But the Comments you emailed after the fact were about as unprofessional and childish as it gets. You stated you were a professional to me on the phone but you did a poor job of showing it in the Email to Ken. With your permission I will post it and you can let the masses decide if it was proper. Otherwise its a dead issue and not worth carrying on about any further.

George Gardner
G.A Precision

This was over for me until you challenged my accounting of our call. Also note I never went on the war path when this happened many months ago. Just above you say you promised to do what you could, but offered no promises. That's exactly what I said from the start. Why did you feel you had to come on line earlier then and say you there would have been no delay from the first timeline? You wrote "I offered to personally take care of Bighat and told him I would front his order so no time was lost, He thanked me but declined." So which time were you telling the truth?

You can post what you what. I stipulate to everyone reading this that I has highly pissed off and swore in the email. Okay. I wanted that rifle, though it was coming. Your people f'd it up and gave a shit less about doing so. I have posts as to why I was pissed. You've already shared the worst thing you can claim I said –– say it again if you want and we can continue this exchange.

Quick–– get your friends to post more small group pics. Never said the rifles sucked...
A10xrifle
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:32:34 PM
Bighat, I was correcting my original post , I offered to do everyting we could, We were talking about a couple months delay, I could not guarantee you an ontime (without the delay) delivery but told you I would do my best. Ken did as well in his final Email. Buy the way Ken is a great guy and many many guys here and elsewhere have met him at shows and matches and are not going to ever think ken intentionaly wronged you. , His charachter speaks for itself, If you meet him someday you will realize it was a mistake. everyone makes them. Hope you enjoy the DTA they are nice rifles.

George Gardner
G.A. Precision
BigHat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:45:00 PM
Bighat, I was correcting my original post , I offered to do everyting we could, We were talking about a couple months delay, I could not guarantee you an ontime (without the delay) delivery but told you I would do my best. Ken did as well in his final Email. Buy the way Ken is a great guy and many many guys here and elsewhere have met him at shows and matches and are not going to ever think ken intentionaly wronged you. , His charachter speaks for itself, If you meet him someday you will realize it was a mistake. everyone makes them. Hope you enjoy the DTA they are nice rifles.

George Gardner
G.A. Precision

You forced my hand to keep posting on this. You just can't write to say I was going to get it as planned, but decided to cancel anyway. Why on earth would I do that? I wanted that rifle desperately.

Peace. I really do believe you to be a good guy that makes great rifles. I was hard on Ken, but he deserved to have his bell rung on this. I have to admit I wanted to snap him out of his complacent attitude. It's a minor issue in the scope of things and I haven't given it a seconds thought in months until this tread. I'm on record admitting to being one data point. Continue to make 99% of your customers very happy. Good luck. Out.
A10xrifle
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:43:49 AM
No harm no foul, Sorry again for our handeling of your order poorly.

George
GAP
cchurchi
Burning gas and gunpowder since 1977
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 1:39:10 AM
Good grief... I have a whole new respect for Ken and anyone else that is forced to deal with the public for a living.

OP, the rifles are perfect, just call them to find out what their current lead time is and make a decision from there.
Croft32
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 10:33:37 AM
Originally Posted By cchurchi:
Good grief... I have a whole new respect for Ken and anyone else that is forced to deal with the public for a living.

OP, the rifles are perfect, just call them to find out what their current lead time is and make a decision from there.

+32
Cixelsyd
LUSH
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 2:01:39 PM
I have a GAP built .243 now and started off in the custom rifle world with a GAP 7Rem Mag several years ago. Both rifles were awesome and build exactly how I wanted them too. They are pretty much the standard for me now.

I guess another good point is that if you decide to go down a different road in the future, GAP rifles hold their value pretty well.

CHRIS
Life Member:
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Grass Roots North Carolina
North Carolina Rifle and Pistol Association
jlficken
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 3:03:31 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 3:07:32 PM by jlficken]
Are you set on 300WM? If not and if I were spending GAP type money I'd buy an AI AE MKII or MKIII in .308 as it will be cheaper to shoot and more fun (less recoil, blast, longer barrel life, etc). It is also easy to work on and totally reliable. I wish I had done that instead of went the custom R700 route.

Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED