Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2017 10:21:56 AM EDT
I have a S&W 442 Performance Center Pro Series in .38SPL, and I want to reduce the trigger pull on it.
Link to the exact 442 Model I have.

When looking at kits from Apex, Wilson, and Wolf - I don't see this model listed as one that their kits fit.
Example for Wilson kit at Midway.

Is it considered a J-Frame?  I'm wondering if any J-Frame kit will work with it, or if there are specific differences for the 442.

Can anyone point me to a specific link for a set of springs that will work for the 442?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
That model is a J frame.  I recently used a Wilson Combat kit on my 340PD and did some polishing on the inside of the frame where the rebound slide rides, the rebound slide itself, parts of the trigger, hammer, hand, cylinder stop and sideplate.  Night and day difference.  Even my girlfriend noticed the difference and she doesn't use this reveolver regularly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much!

Springs ordered!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
apex did not work for my 340  but wilson works great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top