Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:56:35 AM EDT
Anyone know who I can contact to make some small gun parts for 922R compliance, i.e. hammer, trigger, sear. TIA
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
For what firearm OP?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You already have models & drawings?  Why EDM?  What parts are you wanting to make?

Spill it man.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
VZ61 scorpion, I would send the original parts to maker for duplication to comply with US made.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Won't be cheap.

Aren't They FA? Or have you got a Semi version? The 84 or something.

Not sure how reproducing FA fire controls will help you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VZ61 scorpion, I would send the original parts to maker for duplication to comply with US made.
View Quote
How would anyone know where they were made ? What circumstance would cause anyone to care or investigate ?
talking about a one time event for a personal weapon or large scale production ?
What is the goal ?

I guess you could have a receipt from whom ever made them. Unless the investigator thinks it is a fake receipt and says prove it ! Which brings us full circle to how would anyone know.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
922r - I don't think it applies to handguns. If you do a form 1 SBR, it still should not apply because the original firearm was not a rifle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#7]
It shouldn't be too hard to find a local machine shop with a wire EDM.  There are at least 3 that I know of in a 30 mile radius of me and I'm out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replys, it is the semi auto version. Had an old friend PM me last night. He has a pretty elaborate shop set up
so I'll be visiting him shortly. Molon Labe
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Get in touch with local job shops, one or more of them will have an EDM and can make your parts.

As long as they're not making receivers or any NFA components, they do not need special licensing to make parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top