Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:53:23 PM EDT
Say I have a Bren 805, and want to have the barrel cut back to 14" and permanently attach a SilencerCo Trifecta flash hider.  The problem is that by SilencerCo standards (specifications here), the minimum barrel diameter required to provide sufficient shoulder height for installing a suppressor mount on 1/2X28 threads is .6" and the barrel diameter of the 805 at 14" is .55"

Would it be possible to cut down the barrel, then press fit a sleeve over the end to increase the diameter, so that when the new threads are cut there will be a sufficient shoulder?  If so, is this something anyone does?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Attacking the problem the wrong way.

Here is a standard 14-1lh to 1/2x28 adapter, and what is does it to use not only the barrel shoulder, but the OD of the barrel to lock the adapter in place to stay parallel with the bore.
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img_3310.jpg

So since the SilencerCo Trifecta flash hider is going to be permanently silver solder to the barrel, then it just needs to be counter bored to do the same thing with a over lap on the barrels OD as suport, then it silver solder to the threaded barrel to end up with a 16" title 1 barrel and it permanently attached to the barrel parallel to the bore so you don't get a baffle strike.
View Quote

This seems like a logical solution. My next question is who's the best person to do this work?  

Also, Steve at ADCO said they could do a flared shoulder to solve my problem.  He didn't really elaborate on exactly how they'd do it, he just sent me a link to the picture below...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top