Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 3:07:02 PM EDT
I need a standard mil-spec AR15 trigger guard, but rather than having a detent in front and a roll pin in the rear, I need to delete the roll pin entirely.

I need it to be replaced with either another detent, or a set screw or something along these lines.

The reason for this is, I only have one SBR lower, and I would like to be able to easily swap parts around to change the look depending on what upper I plan to use.

I want the rifle to set up more modern most of the time, but it would be nice to have an old school commando look now and then.

I already know that my BCM tigger guard can be modified to use a screw, but I'm unsure of the standard one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big enough trigger guards, and you don't need to swing it down to make room for your thick thermal gloves to get to the trigger isntead.

Plus, if you do need to pivot the guard open, then you don't want it pivoting forward, but to the rear as normal instead.  Hence you never going to feel it under your thick thermal mittens with gloves under them, and with it pivot forward, just gets in the way for mag changes isntead.

Trust me, until is cold enough out side that any exposed skin will frost bite in a mater of mins, where you are not only wearing thermal gloves, but mittens over the top of them to keep your fingers from frost biting as well, no reason to even think about swinging a trigger guard down instead.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/52c99d14ecad0473444f26d2-800-/windchill.gif
View Quote

That's some neat info but it isn't really what I had asked about.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top