Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2015 12:35:21 AM EDT
gun will feed the first round just fine,...

but after the first round is fired...  the case will stove pipe...  this happens every time it is fired...

can anybody point me in the right direction to what is causing this...???
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Subscribed only to see if you get a response, few times I posted re my 411, not much feedback on these olders guns it seems...
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

gun will feed the first round just fine,...

but after the first round is fired...  the case will stove pipe...  this happens every time it is fired...

can anybody point me in the right direction to what is causing this...???
View Quote
Have you tried different magazines or ammunition?

I find your issue strange because I have a bunch of 3rd Gen Smiths and they work so well that they can feed spent brass from the magazine.

Do you have any burrs or knicks on the feed ramp? Is the edge of the feed ramp dented or damaged in anyway?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies...   fixed the problem... turns out it was bad mag AND bad ammo...  reloads bought at gun show...  must have been made a little soft shooting...

its up and running fine now...

thank you all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top