Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2014 6:39:49 PM EDT
Any recommendations for a good (reasonably affordable) sight pusher?  We're currently using one like I've pictured below, and it works... aside from marring the crap out of things, which is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how many sights you install.  I bought the Meprolight bench mount.  It's not cheap but it is built like a tank and will remove even the most stubborn sights.

I also have several weapon specific tools from MGW that are great for the guns you do a lot of like Glock, Sig and S&W M&Ps.  They are a lot quicker to use, but are obviously limited to what guns they work with.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
We hadn't been doing many (which is why we had the, ahem... bargain model ), but now that we're getting more Cerakote business, I find myself pulling sights all the time.  I'm certainly not opposed to investing the money in a good one, but I'm not the one controlling the pursestrings and money's a touch tight.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on how many sights you install.  I bought the Meprolight bench mount.  It's not cheap but it is built like a tank and will remove even the most stubborn sights.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/detail/hk-2586-2.jpg

I also have several weapon specific tools from MGW that are great for the guns you do a lot of like Glock, Sig and S&W M&Ps.  They are a lot quicker to use, but are obviously limited to what guns they work with.
View Quote

I as well have this combination. The Mepro for general use and the MGW's for the specific ones, at this time I only have the Glock and S&W.
Shit can that piece of garbage you are using, it will cause more harm than good.
As far as greasing management to spring for the tooling, all it takes is a damaged slide to justify the cost. Tell them you would rather that not happen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
MGW Pro.

Check it out, you'll never use anything else again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Not trying to be a smart alec but are you using some pieces of leather on the clamping surfaces of the tool? I have been using the same tool without any problems except I wonder what in the heck the factories use to install the sights. It seems to take a greatly unnecessary amount of pressure to remove some of them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I only have removed some easy ones.  I have only ever had to use my brass/nylon hammer or maybe a punch and they slid right out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not trying to be a smart alec but are you using some pieces of leather on the clamping surfaces of the tool? I have been using the same tool without any problems except I wonder what in the heck the factories use to install the sights. It seems to take a greatly unnecessary amount of pressure to remove some of them.
View Quote

Lead sheet works better.

Some gauge blocks and a bench arbor press fit anything.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
You could make your own.

I call this one the mangler.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Reading the instructions for the Meprolight tool on their website it says not to use the sight pusher on front sights because it will damage them? Odd.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Reading the instructions for the Meprolight tool on their website it says not to use the sight pusher on front sights because it will damage them? Odd.
View Quote

Well I use the Mepro sight pusher for front and rear sights without problems. If you fit your sights correctly, and use a dot of oil, they will go in smooth and tight. Been using their tool for 6 yrs now with no issues. I also have made different pusher blocks to do one off sight pushes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jim,

WHERE IS MY FLASH HIDER?

This is the email you sent me on Feb. 10

"Very sorry, I went to check to make sure it went out and found it sitting behind the outgoing bin for USPS. I will get it out today priority mail to you.

Jim"

This was after not receiving for 2 weeks from the date you said you would send it back to me.  I have tried to be patient and contact you by PM and email, you are obviously alive and well if you are posting.  I have contacted site staff in regards to this matter as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Google Ed Jennings sight pusher. He makes what you seek...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top