Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 8:49:59 PM EDT
I'm replacing the FSB base on an AR and managed to slightly nick the barrel. Duct tape just couldn't hold me back from .

Q1) Would anyone advise to whether or not I need to gun blue or? It's a very small nick (1/16)? Do I need to treat it?

Q2) I've got tritium front site and wonder about how a red dot (T1,etc) would affect site picture. It's an A1 carry handle upper.

Thanks for any advice and be well. Surv.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Q1 your call.  I like Black Magic for touch up's
Q2 no opinion
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Leave it as is and throw it down the driveway after you Krylon it.

Teir One Official Operator look and all......
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. Since the nick is along the bbl end (flash hider), I will simply rub some axle greeze and twist furiously. I tend to overcompensate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will simply rub some axle greeze and twist furiously. I tend to overcompensate.
View Quote

Wrong forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top