Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 11:20:20 PM EDT
I had a slip case,I tried soaking in pb blaster and Wd. Tried a 45 patch. Can't get any surface for a brass rod. Tried a hook pick in the flutes, but that didn't work either.

Thoughts or recommendations?

***Had a friend get it out with a aluminum cleaning rod, bent at the end, and was able to get contact to tap it free. I even get to keep the rod lol.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:28:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Brass' thermal expansion coefficient is greater than that of SS.
You might be able to shrink the ring farther than the bbl.
Try putting the 2 in the freezer for a while . degrease them first, though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
IF you can find a tap that is smaller than the chamber, but larger than the ID of the brass and IF the area leading into the chamber gives you access room you might screw the tap into the brass then pull or push the tap back out with the brass attached.

But I've always had good luck with the nut pick tool than Dano523 showed you
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used a brass squib rod to remove a 9mm case in a similar situation.

Brownells sells them for about $30.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/handgun-tools/stuck-case-removers/squib-rod-prod1251.aspx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top