Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:25:42 PM EDT
Any of you guys familiar with a Ballester Molina? I have one with two problems.

#1 The safety rotates so far down that the detent will clear the top of it and come out. Other than that the safety functions fine' but I see no way to fix it.

#2 The hammer pull is so heavy that it is almost not possible to rack the slide. If the hammer is pulled back the slide is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]
#1 Something used to limit the downward movement, probably the thumb safety/frame contact. Replace the thumb safety or repair the frame. There is a possibility it's supposed to stop against the left grip. I don't remember.

#2 Somebody changed something they shouldn't have. Inspect the mainspring, strut, plunger, housing. Try a different mainspring.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
OK! I got it figured out.The mainspring is smaller on one end and the pin part of the mainspring plunger was forced into the small end stopping those coils from moving freely. Reversed the spring and she's happy. The safety is supposed to be restrained on the bottom by the protrusion of the sear pivot pin. The pin is should  stick out on the left side but it had been replaced by a pin only as long as the width of the frame. I made a new longer pin and the safety no longer drops too far.

I ordered grips and grip screws from Sarco and when they get here I can give it a try.

I love puzzles!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah yes! The almost-1911! I actually prefer the BM frame design. I've been thinking of getting a 80% 1911 frame and creating a BM style frame with a 2011 style slide... I just like the aesthetics of the angled serrations front and rear on the 1911 slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top