Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 8:50:03 PM EDT
Hi,
Been wanting one for a long time and would love to get it sbr'd. Questions I have is:
1) Buying a TA5 pistol and having a buttstock installed or
2) Buying a TM1 and having it rebarreled with the 10.5" barrel

Anyone know of a gunsmith who can do this? I know about nfa stuff just need clarified.

Thx
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi,
Been wanting one for a long time and would love to get it sbr'd. Questions I have is:
1) Buying a TA5 pistol and having a buttstock installed or
2) Buying a TM1 and having it rebarreled with the 10.5" barrel

Anyone know of a gunsmith who can do this? I know about nfa stuff just need clarified.

Thx
View Quote

You have connections.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not just buy an SBR from Auto Ordnance?

They sell several versions based on the 1927 and the M1 types/
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I see they have an sbr but it takes forever for dealer to get it then you wait again for the stamp. I hate waiting
Plus the sbr is jacked up about $600, I'd like to still shoot while waiting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Look here

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15145
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Just some FYI...

I bought a Kahr Tommy with the full length barrel. I didn't want to go to the trouble of SBR'ing it but I did want to put a detachable stock on it. So I bought a Savage Thompson full auto lower receiver and butt stock and modified it to fit my rifle. You only need to make two mill cuts to modify the FA lower to fit on the Kahr semiauto receiver.

This in now way makes the gun full auto. It does give you a lower that has the factory original detachable butt stock mount. You also get the extra little selector level that does nothing but look cool.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a TA5 for a customer a couple years ago using an M1 (screw on) stock. It came out really well but it was necessary to do more than just drill and tap some holes. The lower must be milled flat then a stud needs to be fabricated for the front that takes the recoil force. The screws are just there to hold the wood on and will strip if you use just them without the stud.

I'd highly recommend going with a rifle and re-barreling it. In the long run, it's much closer to OEM configuration and is a lot cleaner build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top