Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 10:03:14 AM EDT
Ok guys, let me know everything you know about the space gun that is the Kriss Vector 9mm, not finding too many videos out there on youtube about it, Want to know how it is from owners of the gun. Hows the accuracy, and does the recoil reduction work on it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I only have experience with the carbine in 45acp.  Good accuracy, very little recoil and just a blast to shoot.  The korean "gloock" mags are a no go due to feed issues with the mag fail.  The vector 45 mags work great.  I would think the 9mm would have fewer mag issues.  $.02
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My 9mm is fast and accurate.  Very light recoil, excellent trigger.  Reliability......eeeeehh......
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 9mm is fast and accurate.  Very light recoil, excellent trigger.  Reliability......eeeeehh......
View Quote
But it works most of the time?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this years model with all the latest revisions. Had it a couple months now. I absolutely love it. I grab it to go to the range 80% of the time. I have about 750 rounds or so down range. A mix of Fiocchi & Remington 115gr and 124gr Russian steel cased Novosibirsk. It shoots the 124gr stuff the most accurately. I have had zero malfunctions. But, I did have a bit of a learning curve on hand placement. If you hold with your off hand near the mag release you can hit it and drop the mag accidentally during firing. I did this twice in the first 100 rounds and haven't done it since.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Gen2 9mm, about a 1000 surpressed rounds thru it via an Osprey. Its a blast to shoot, handles well, recoil is neglible and it hits what you are aiming at every time. I had wanted one since they came out but hesitated at the feedback they where getting, my shop got the Gen2s in finally and I impulse purchased and glad I did. Everyone who shots it enjoys it. I have an SBR’ed MPX as well which I enjoy a bunch but for my non scientific testing the Kriss sends less gas back at the shooter which makes it more enjoyable for those not used to shooting supressed.

I have the brace version and I am still debating if I am going to stamp it as it shoots and handles so well as is.

I have run a mix of ammo thru it. And mags, are a plenty. I had a 30 rounders laying ariound so that helped.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Gen 2 9mm as well and it is great.  Very accurate and reliable.  Just a note that even though the brace has a hinge on the buffer assembly, it is pinned and does NOT side fold like the full auto version does.  I have no idea why they did that as many other braces fold.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have this years model with all the latest revisions. Had it a couple months now. I absolutely love it. I grab it to go to the range 80% of the time. I have about 750 rounds or so down range. A mix of Fiocchi & Remington 115gr and 124gr Russian steel cased Novosibirsk. It shoots the 124gr stuff the most accurately. I have had zero malfunctions. But, I did have a bit of a learning curve on hand placement. If you hold with your off hand near the mag release you can hit it and drop the mag accidentally during firing. I did this twice in the first 100 rounds and haven't done it since.

http://imgdump4.novarata.net/image.uploads/28-06-2017/original-3532f8a8ab046ecb3bb00736925055e9.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the SB tactical brace?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How do you like the SB tactical brace?
View Quote
No complaints.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Does that brace fold? I don't see a hinge.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does that brace fold? I don't see a hinge.
View Quote
Nope. The latest gen 2's have no folder on them. It's a simple buffer tube adapter underneath the stock sling swivel. I like it better and can add a folder down the road if needed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright, So i picked up a gen 2 vector 9mm in a trade, and I have to say "I LOVE IT!" It's a ton of fun to shoot, not as smooth as the mp5, but not a violent kickback recoil, the gun kinda hops in your hands and thats about it. The one I got did not come with sights however, So I am quickly going to remedy that and than shoot some groups on paper and see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had my KV gen2 for about a month and have put 800 rounds though it including cheap range ammo, whitebox, blue box and several types of reloads and it has yet to fail me. I was working up some subsonic loads and it feed the lightest charge that would not eject in my G19 or Scorpion.  It is a really handy pistol (with factory arm brace) and shoots just fine with aftermarket 33 round magazines.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:39:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had my Gen 2 Vector SBR now for about a year. Accuracy is great, the recoil is very low, the Gen 2 trigger is nicer than the Gen 1 trigger. My main complaint is sight height over bore, which is about 4 inches. I did also have to shave down the safety on the right side of the firearm as it was digging into my finger.

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok guys, let me know everything you know about the space gun that is the Kriss Vector 9mm, not finding too many videos out there on youtube about it, Want to know how it is from owners of the gun. Hows the accuracy, and does the recoil reduction work on it?
View Quote

Had my carbine for a few months now, so far close to 1k without complaints. Eats everything I fed but likes hotter stuff, specially 124 gr JHP over 4.3. gr Titegroup.  I compared it side by side with my Scorpion and the KV wins just from the amount of muzzle movements (or lack of).  Granted this carbine is muzzle heavy due to the long shroud over barrel, but its forward movement after recoil is virtually non existence due to the small bolt comparing to the heavy bolt of the CZ.  I think this alone is the factor in keeping the muzzle from moving around.

Here is an old pix of it without the factory folding stock.  I replaced the non folding rear end with a factory folder last week (much better IMO!).

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#15]
How is reliability with hollowpoints?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How is reliability with hollowpoints?
View Quote
The only issue that I have run into so far is mag capacity limitations when using JHPs.

In my OEM Glock 33rnd mags, I can load about 28 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty but only about 25 rounds of Speer GDHP. Anything more and the round noses into the feed ramp and gets stuck. This is mainly due to the tension in the mag and the angle at which the round sits. Any more rounds and the round has a tendency to sit flat. When the bolt tries to strip the round, the flat portion of the JHP gets stuck against the feed ramp.

In my 21rnd Magpul Glock mags, I load 20 rounds and have not run into any issues yet.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The only issue that I have run into so far is mag capacity limitations when using JHPs.

In my OEM Glock 33rnd mags, I can load about 28 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty but only about 25 rounds of Speer GDHP. Anything more and the round noses into the feed ramp and gets stuck. This is mainly due to the tension in the mag and the angle at which the round sits. Any more rounds and the round has a tendency to sit flat. When the bolt tries to strip the round, the flat portion of the JHP gets stuck against the feed ramp.

In my 21rnd Magpul Glock mags, I load 20 rounds and have not run into any issues yet.
View Quote
This is very interesting to hear. Never would have thought about this being a potential thing. Hm
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is very interesting to hear. Never would have thought about this being a potential thing. Hm
View Quote
Yeah, was a lot of trial and error with the 3 main rounds I use (Crit Duty, GDHP, Win Ranger). There is a chance that it will go away as the mags get used and wear in a little.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I have not had any issues with 124 or 115 JHP using both Glock 32 rds and Magpul 21 rds.  I loaded Precision Delta JHP to 1.10 OAL length to work with my CZ pistols but this OAL also works in S&W M&P, and Glock 17.  It is working with Kriss Vector too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have not had any issues with 124 or 115 JHP using both Glock 32 rds and Magpul 21 rds.  I loaded Precision Delta JHP to 1.10 OAL length to work with my CZ pistols but this OAL also works in S&W M&P, and Glock 17.  It is working with Kriss Vector too.
View Quote
Ok, but what round are you using, are you loading to capacity and are your Glock 33rnd mags new or already broken in?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok, but what round are you using, are you loading to capacity and are your Glock 33rnd mags new or already broken in?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carbine with Extreme 124s rn with 3.1grn TG powder.  Great groups for 25m no recoil.  Next step is 2.8 to 3.0 ladder run.
Also, trying 147s next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top