Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 7:25:20 PM EDT
Not sure if this should go here, or in the suppressor section. Mods can move if need be. 

Just picked up a scorpion and bought the direct mount to attach my octane. Went to screw it on the first time and this is as far is it goes. 

Is this normal?

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It appears to be hitting the spring tab that retains the flash hider. I removed that spring from mine. Had to remove the barrel nut to do it.
You might be able to screw the adapter on all the way if you pry the spring out of the way.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that picture makes it look like the spring tab is making contact, but in reality there is still a pretty significant space there. Tried to add a bigger picture to show the space. 

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a Silencero M18x1 Direct Thread mount in a Omega 9K and a Rugged Obsidian.  Mount indexes on the barrel nut.

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have the gen 2 Scorpion with 1/2x28 and 18x1m threads?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have the gen 2 Scorpion with 1/2x28 and 18x1m threads?
View Quote
This. It should screw all the way down.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This. It should screw all the way down.
View Quote
Honestly didn't know they came with two thread pitches now. I took the thread protector off the 1/28, and now it screws all the way down. 

Thank you both!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome! Glad you got it worked out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top