Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2017 7:40:57 PM EDT
Discuss
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Had both. Now only have CZ. Looking for another CZ, not looking for another Kriss
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both and would get the Kriss. Shoots great out of the box. I love CZ but the Scorpion sucks out of the box imho. I couldn't put 3 mags thru it until the safety was killing my hand. If your gonna spent the money to make the Scorpion right then I suggest just getting the Sig MPX. All that being said I do like my Scorpion and wouldn't sell it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both and would get the Kriss. Shoots great out of the box. I love CZ but the Scorpion sucks out of the box imho. I couldn't put 3 mags thru it until the safety was killing my hand. If your gonna spent the money to make the Scorpion right then I suggest just getting the Sig MPX. All that being said I do like my Scorpion and wouldn't sell it.
View Quote
This is what I would say as well.  Get the mpx, but if you must the Kriss
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
FNH PS90
HK SP5K
B&T TP9

In that order.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have my Scorpion SBR'd and it's awesome, but I'd get the Vector also. The arm brace model looks almost like the SBR if stamps aren't your thing, or if they are the conversion on the newer SDPs is easy. I'd get both, I know I'm keeping an eye out for a .45 Gen 2 SDP.

Also consider an SBR PS90, mine is one of the most fun toys I have. Also consider the MPX, its arm brace looks almost like an OEM SBR, and I plan on picking one up in short order also. PCC's are fun to collect.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FNH PS90
HK SP5K
B&T TP9

In that order.
View Quote
For now, that's my order but sold my SPP9 because of the trigger, have a P26 on the way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Scorpion, after you add a few hundred in upgrades. Safeties, trigger, spring, mag release.

Theres only about 4 companies atm making accessories so they like to keep their prices overly high. $50 for an aluminum trigger shoe, $55-60 for a charge handle , $45-50 mag release , $50-60 shipped for a grip. $50+ safety levers
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Get Both.

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
If you can afford both, just buy a luxury pcc and get a B&T apc9...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I own a nice DJ Getz example MP5

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I've shot the scorpion and it wasn't bad, but I ended up with a Kriss Vector .45 SDP. It's an extremely fun gun to shoot and gets a lot of looks at the range.

I also have an MPX because it's also awesome and runs like I champ.

Need to Form 1 them both but it's on the list of things I have to do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Both

I have both SBR and suppressed.  I have a lot into the CZ as far as a muzzle adapter and 922 parts
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I have both CZ and Kriss Vector in 9mm.  For pure shooting fun, the Kriss V is just more grins/mags than the CZ carbine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have both CZ and Kriss Vector in 9mm.  For pure shooting fun, the Kriss V is just more grins/mags than the CZ carbine.
View Quote
Agreed.
I have a vector SBR in 9 and 45 and a CZ, and I shoot the vectors more

Price point wise I'd get the CZ.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I've shot the others but only own the cz pistol. The main draw to the cz is the price point, add in about $250+ in accessories to get it where you want it and that advantage goes away but on the otherhand you have it customized exactly how you wanted it.

The mpx and vector shoot like .22lr, while the scorpion with its 2lb blowback bolt slamming back and forth shoots like a .223 sbr, it's still manageable but it takes a wee bit more work/determination keeping muzzle on target vs say the mpx.

All 3 were/are shot shoulder fired for comparison. I hated the vector but it was a gen 1 with a terrible trigger and that was the main dislike.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Kriss cause 10mm
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Kriss Vector is just a novelty gun.

Definitely CZ Scorpion between those two.

Quoted:
View Quote
Srsly?

It's just a dumb blowback gun.

I don't see anything "luxury" about a block bolt running inside an extrusion... but if one is looking for something approximating a luxurious experience, the obvious answer is MP5.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a scorpion with a blade on it. Great shooter.

But I may be trading it for a gen 2 9mm Kriss with a brace in the near future....... maybe I get bored with things too fast and want to try new toys. I'll post back what I think and if I'm gonna go back to the scorpion!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Srsly?

I don't see anything "luxury" about a block bolt running inside an extrusion... but if one is looking for something approximating a luxurious experience, the obvious answer is MP5.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Srsly?

No kidding. MP5 would be my ultimate. I have a Scorpion, and my only issue is it is going to make me go broke feeding it.
I have the Lage folder/buffer tube/tailhook right now. This thing is like a laser out to 75 yds.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Personally the kriss I've played with was garbage compared to the Scorpion. I tried to like it but couldn't.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Scorpions $30 safety is no reason to pass on it, very simple to replace. I don't have knowledge of the kris's but the mpx is known to gas your face a lot more when suppressed due to the charging handle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Love my scorpion. Trying to save for a MP5a3
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kriss cause 10mm
View Quote
My thoughts, too.  

If CMMG offers their PDW in 10mm then that will be my next gun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#24]
As a lefty, I experience a logt more gas in the face then a righty. I had a real HK 94 that was atrocious - I didn't even like to shoot it. The scorpion suppresses beautifully, if that's your thing. Plus, a tidbit no one has yet mentioned about the CZ is that the mags cost 1/3 what an MPX mag does. or half for a manticore steel lipped mag. No BS, the MPX is nicer - but for what the MPX pistol costed stock at the time, I SBR'd my scorpion with all 922r parts and a safety delete for the same price.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I have had about 3 range trips with a scorpion evo my buddy has, it shoots really nice in my opinion.  But I own an MPX and it just about blows it out of the water.  I m a lefty and have never had any gassing issues with the mpx.  I have wanted to get a vector for a while and have played with a few at gun shows and gun stores, the placement of the controls seem great for a lefty, but I haven't been able to convince myself.  Then I find out about ACP9 and ACP45, oh if money wasn't an issue I would already have one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been out with my Vector SBR suppressed a few times now and I like it more and more each time. I feel I need to start shooting it at longer distances than 25 yards. (Indoor range) it's really easy to shoot accurately. I still have the magpul flip up sights on it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I have not been impressed with the suppressed Skorpions. The straight blow back means all the noise is coming out of the breach. Yes, mags are cheap, but I already have piles of the G17 and G18 mags. I am not sure what the availability of a folding brace for the Vector is, but I would pick the Vector.

Thinking I'd set one up with a folding brace, Elzetta CQB light and an RMR. Has to be more compact than the Skorpion too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have not been impressed with the suppressed Skorpions. The straight blow back means all the noise is coming out of the breach. Yes, mags are cheap, but I already have piles of the G17 and G18 mags. I am not sure what the availability of a folding brace for the Vector is, but I would pick the Vector.

Thinking I'd set one up with a folding brace, Elzetta CQB light and an RMR. Has to be more compact than the Skorpion too.
View Quote
There's really no straight up folding option for a braced Vector. I know, cause I just bougth a Vector and did a lot of searching. There seems to be 2 routes:
-use a factory folding stock assembly, minus the buttpad. And use something like the Tailhook brace from Gear Head Works. But the Tailhook is brand new, hard to find. And I'm not certain on the technical legalities of owning a Vector pistol. Buying a factory stock. Removing te buttpad and installing the Tailhook.

-buy the SFU/Side folding unit from Hera Arms. And attach it to the Kriss, SB Tactical Brace for the Vector. I'm going this route. Have all the pieces, but haven't done it yet. The SFU adds around a couple inches of length though. Could be uncomfortable for some.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#29]
The Scorpion is excellent, especially when paired with a fine trigger and the carbine length handguard in conjunction with a large silencer.  Regardless of its blowback operation it shoots very clean and quiet with subs and the extra forward weight reduces recoil substantially.

All that said, it's hard to argue with the vectors modular caliber design, cheap and reliable glock mags and the factory 5lb trigger.  Get both!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you actually handled a Kriss? Very awkward and klunky feel, IMO.

Sig, CZ, HK clone all feel better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top