Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:51:48 PM EDT
Am I late to the party? I read the World Legal trigger packs were on the new Scorpions but not on mine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine a few weeks ago. Doesn't look world legal to me either
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is definitely not, was able to remove the screw easily. SBR-ing was my primary goal so waiting in line for a new trigger pack really pissed me off. Curious how many newer Scorpions without the world legal trigger pack were out there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it have the receiver blocking bar and lower receiver hinge ear reduction?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
So is CZ starting to replace trigger packs yet?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't heard, not sure if they are shipping new production pistols with the updated non-welded packs or older packs. Got it from Bud's, serial C177(XXX)
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry, not sure what that looks like. Will research and update.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The upper receiver blocking bar is the black oval in this picture between both the rear sights. About 1/4" below the sight rail.

And the lower receiver takedown tab reduction....the world regal models have slightly wider trunnions. To account for this wider trunnion, CZ milled the steel reenforcment tabs in the lower to half their original thickness. They will be shiny in color, may exhibit machine marks and metal burrs, and are about .025 thick instead of around .050 thick. This prevents installation of an original FA trigger pack in conjunction with the spot welded takedown screw.  

(note this picture shows the original thickness on the takedown hole re-enforcing sheet metal)

NOTE -a welded screw is only ONE characteristic that make a lower a world legal lower - an insignificant one at that.

The MAIN DIFFERENCE is the lower receiver takedown tab reduction. If your tabs have reinforced steel that has been reduced, you DO have a world legal lower.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't heard, not sure if they are shipping new production pistols with the updated non-welded packs or older packs. Got it from Bud's, serial C177(XXX)
View Quote
I got the new pistol flash last week. Mine doesn't have the world trigger that pack either but has the blocking bar(you can see on the top of the receiver, it's a metal piece molded into the plastic frame).
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes to receiver blocking bar, not sure about hinge reduction
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The upper receiver blocking bar is the black oval in this picture between both the rear sights. About 1/4" below the sight rail.

https://cdn.preppergunshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/z/cz_scorpion_pistol_fde_ebola_pic_1.jpg

And the lower receiver takedown tab reduction....the world regal models have slightly wider trunnions. To account for this wider trunnion, CZ milled the steel reenforcment tabs in the lower to half their original thickness. They will be shiny in color, may exhibit machine marks and metal burrs, and are about .025 thick instead of around .050 thick. This prevents installation of an original FA trigger pack in conjunction with the spot welded takedown screw.  

(note this picture shows the original thickness on the takedown hole re-enforcing sheet metal)
http://i65.tinypic.com/zof5zq.jpg
NOTE -a welded screw is only ONE characteristic that make a lower a world legal lower - an insignificant one at that.

The MAIN DIFFERENCE is the lower receiver takedown tab reduction. If your tabs have reinforced steel that has been reduced, you DO have a world legal lower.
View Quote
Thank you for the images. Yes, the blocking bar is present, and yes the steel tabs are reduced.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://cdn.preppergunshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/z/cz_scorpion_pistol_fde_ebola_pic_1.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine appears to be the original non world legal model. As I mentioned I have the new flash can pistol, no weld and I just checked the tabs that meet the trunion. They look to be the same thickness as your picture. The metal tabs on the lower also don't appear to be machined. They are a dark greyish color same as the other metal parts in the lower.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine about a month ago, no weld, it does have the blocking bar, I think its got the reduction looks similar to the pic but black finish on them not bare like the photo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got mine about a month ago, no weld, it does have the blocking bar, I think its got the reduction looks similar to the pic but black finish on them not bare like the photo.
View Quote
The picture is showing the lower unmodified. I'd say you don't have the world lower if it looks the same as the pic. Mine looks like the pic too but not shiny, the metal is black/anodized looking.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The picture is showing the lower unmodified. I'd say you don't have the world lower if it looks the same as the pic. Mine looks like the pic too but not shiny, the metal is black/anodized looking.
View Quote
So other then not having to worry about drilling, World lower or non world lower, all aftermarket parts will fit right? Already done the mag release, saftey, but I'm ready to order the trigger spring replacement and new trigger from HBI they'll fit correct?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So other then not having to worry about drilling, World lower or non world lower, all aftermarket parts will fit right? Already done the mag release, saftey, but I'm ready to order the trigger spring replacement and new trigger from HBI they'll fit correct?
View Quote
Yes, the only thing you'll ever have to worry about is if you break the polymer lower.
Last I heard cz did not have replacments readily available for world legal. Nothing a dremel cant fix though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
My carbine does not have the welded trigger pack.  It's about a month old.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Purchased mine on St. Patrick's Day.  Has blocking bar and hinge ears are machined.  No welded screw on the trigger pack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top