Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the actual Maxim Defense brace on an ar pistol and really like it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the actual Maxim Defense brace on an ar pistol and really like it.
View Quote
They look nice? Are the rails wide enough for the scorpion I wonder if they woul be in the way of the trigger?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the cheek weld of a folding stock. They look cool, though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
At a first glance, I don't think the bars would clear the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:06:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Wish manticore would release a folding "brace" or somone could do a similar design. the main problem is that damn molded in sling slot/loop on the left side of the receiver you'd probably need to dremel that off for sure

isn't opticsplanet free ship/free returns .... just sayin
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At a first glance, I don't think the bars would clear the receiver.
View Quote
They don't. I just tried it with my Maxim brace. The distance between the rails for the brace are too close together to clear the extension tube adaptor and the width of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I had contacted SB about making a retractable brace for the CZ Scorpion pistol similar to that of the Sig MPX model.     They wrote back about a month ago and said that there isn't a release date, but they are going to be coming out with one.  

I already have their side folding Scorpion brace and really like it.  But I would prefer to have a retractable brace just because it looks great.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had contacted SB about making a retractable brace for the CZ Scorpion pistol similar to that of the Sig MPX model.     They wrote back about a month ago and said that there isn't a release date, but they are going to be coming out with one.  

I already have their side folding Scorpion brace and really like it.  But I would prefer to have a retractable brace just because it looks great.
View Quote
Good to see.  I hope they have a pdw brace for the scorpion this year. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd rather have the retractable brace because it should be a hell of a lot more durable.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#10]
hop on svens ass at manticore and get us a retractable "brace" for scorpion. they'd sell the hell outta them if they ever decide to make them.

Braces are good profit makers for MFG's , $10-13 in aluminum depending on folding or not, $2 fasteners , $6 plastic , maybe $20 for labor and retail packaging and then you resell them for $200+ Like SBT , KAK  etc. does all day long .

Manticore makes all the metal bits for the SBT anyways.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
There ya go, straight from the guru's  mouth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top