Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:09:52 PM EDT
So far I have:

Black Rain billet lower, Efile Form1 approved.
PSA LPK, milspec buffer tube.
MAGPUL ACS stock.
PSA premium 556 BCG(needs 9mm bolt).
KAK 9mm mag block, https://www.kakindustry.com/ar15-9mm-mag-adaptor
Standard M4 upper receiver.

It's gonna be suppressed with YHM QD flash bidder, 5/8-24 or 1/2-28.

Barrel length probably 4.5 - 9".

Don't care about handguard, for now.

What's the hives recommendations on the rest of the parts?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a dedicated lower

Sorry, but a milspec lower looks goofy and has a bandaid fix via the mag block.
I guess I don't have anything constructive to add expect that everyone who is honest about the AR9 recommends a JP silent capture spring.

I don't know of any 5/8x24 threaded barrels so you're pigeon holed there, maybe a Faxon/Ballistic Advantage 8" barrel and chop to 4" and rethread?

Look at Spinta for a 9mm bolt

Are you going to recess the can under the rail or not? That will play a big factor in rail options
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
A billet lower isn't milspec.

Any forged lower can be used.  If you don't want a pinned block, get one from RRA.  It is virtually invisible when installed.  

It is obvious that you are overthinking this.  I bought a RRA upper from ADCO which they lightened to 10.5".  I don't know what stamped lower I put it on but it has the block RRA sells and it runs like a swiss watch. My bolt is ramped, I run an ALG enhanced FCG, and a Spikes ST-T2 buffer.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A billet lower isn't milspec.

Any forged lower can be used.  If you don't want a pinned block, get one from RRA.  It is virtually invisible when installed.  

View Quote

Sorry, I meant it wasn't a 9mm lower.

It was a pre-41F lower.  I don't want to deal with a dedicated 9mm lower post 41F.

I have accumulated these parts over time, it's more of an after thought than what I have to have.  I bought 2 45 cans last year, but decided stick with 9mm, not adding 45 caliber to my inventory.

As for the barrel thread pitch, I have few 1/2-28 laying around, I can bore it out on a lathe to fit over 9mm muzzle if needed, so that's not a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top