Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2017 9:26:28 AM EDT
Local shop has one in stock for a decent price. I can't find too many reviews of the 45 model-just the 9mm (which most love). I have read the one bad review (posted on another forum)-which is causing my hesitation. Anyone out there have the 45 model and care to give me their thoughts?  Thanks!!

Adam d.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Local shop has one in stock for a decent price. I can't find too many reviews of the 45 model-just the 9mm (which most love). I have read the one bad review (posted on another forum)-which is causing my hesitation. Anyone out there have the 45 model and care to give me their thoughts?  Thanks!!

Adam d.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/423440_BandT-9mm-Carbine-APC9.html

There are a few about 10 threads down. All reports seem positive.

If you plan to suppress it, a B&T Silencer or a custom 3-Lug attachment is required.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Adam d.
View Quote

What did the person with the bad review have to say about it? Most of the stuff I've seen has been pretty glowing.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I own the 9mm and would own the .45 but for the cost of the mags. I have a general rule that all of my "snowflake" guns have to have at least 5 mags each. I currently own the APC-9, two TP9s, a P26 and have a KH9 coming - all take the same mags which are spendy at $60 each. I currently own 20 mags - that's $1200 right there. The APC-45 mags are double the cost and I simply can't justify it. Also, there aren't many tri-lug adapters in .45, rendering it hard-ish to silence.

If you're wanting a .45 "sub-gun", the Kriss or Quartercircle 10 are hard to beat for the price and ubiquity of the mags. I just think the APC mags are too pricey.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Triple tap. Stupid potato phone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same issues as the guy in the other thread. I have an APC9 that runs perfect but the 45 didn't work out for me so I no longer own it. If your looking for a 45 sub gun I would recomend the vector over the BnT, half the price and more reliable. The other guy and myself are not the only ones that have had issues. If you want more details PM me.

As for the others that's have posted, doesn't look like any of those people have had hands on experience with an APC 45 that's a 2016 or newer. There were changes from the first run(2015).
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a B&T APC45 that I have never bad one malfunction with. I just got my Form 1 back on it, and love everything about it, except the cost of magazines, which led me to cough up $3500 to buy an HK UMP just because it has cheaper magazines! Now I have both, and the biggest problem is deciding which to shoot. :) Usually the Thompson SBR wins.
Seriously, I can't stand the Kriss, so I would never buy that. I've never had a lick of problems with the APC45. If you really, really, really have to have a .45 carbine, these are all great, but spendy choices. If I could only have one, and worried about $$$, I'd skip .45 and go 9mm with a CZ Scorpion. Hardest thing to beat right now. 9mm performs better at range than the heavy .45, and is so much cheaper to shoot. I have an Uzi, a Mk760, a Coharie Mp5 clone...all SBR'd. The 9mm guns just are more pleasant all around.

Still debating whether to SBR the UMP or not. The B&T is more practical. But the UMP is...a UMP. OK, so it's a dressed up USC, but STILL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top