Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 12:40:38 PM EDT
Does anyone know a source for a replacement stock for the discontinued Ruger Model 44 carbine?  Aftermarket or OEM, anything?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Once upon a time, Boyds Gun Stocks had them, so you might want to contact them and see if they will do a custom order.

You might also try MPI Stocks, they had a fiberglass one available.

With some of the prices I've seen being asked for some of these stocks, it might be cheaper to by a complete used gun.

Good luck in your search,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Normally I'd go to Numrich Gun parts website for hard to find parts, they have a good selection of Ruger .44 carbine parts but they're out of a stock (last listed price was $250).

Don't rule out ebay, my dad picks up old .22 rifles for cheap from yard sales & flea markets and finds a lot of misc. parts for obscure rifles from ebay.

Do any of the other Ruger carbines share the same stock?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once upon a time, Boyds Gun Stocks had them, so you might want to contact them and see if they will do a custom order.

You might also try MPI Stocks, they had a fiberglass one available.

With some of the prices I've seen being asked for some of these stocks, it might be cheaper to by a complete used gun.

Good luck in your search,
Bob S.
View Quote

Give Boyd's a call or an email. If they have the master for that stock they may well make one for you. I know they don't list one on their site but that is likely due to it not being a standard production item any longer. I believe they keep masters of any stock they have ever made. In fact there have been times when they have asked owners of certain rifles to ship them in so they could pattern a stock for them.There are other stock makers out there that will custom build you a stock but as anyone should be aware custom = expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top