Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2016 10:17:35 AM EDT
There's an interesting thread on the CZFirearms.us Scorpion forum titled "keeping mags loaded". Start reading here if you don't want to read the whole thing.

(picture from the person conducting the test.)

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of mine have cracked while sitting on the shelf without ever having been inserted into the gun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most of mine have cracked while sitting on the shelf without ever having been inserted into the gun.
View Quote
I got a replacement 20rnd mag, and it had a tiny crack about a day or two after getting it and loading it up. Bought 3x 30's, so we will see how those work out for me.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
wow thats impressive!
Mine cracked in front of the feedlips.. They were left loaded for a while without lube

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
They should make some out of plain old polymer, not translucent stuff. This won't happen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully they figure it out since I sitting on a bunch of mags.  I have three loaded for about two months to see if they crack.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They should make some out of plain old polymer, not translucent stuff. This won't happen.
View Quote
 Yup...a good glass filled polymer would mitigate this.

The whole thing about not getting oil on mags is STUPID.  How are we NOT supposed to do THAT?  They are magazines...they are designed to be put in these oily things we call GUNS!

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]
As I said in another thread.. I wonder if the bren has the same issue, and how is possible that the .mil didnt found out before..
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As I said in another thread.. I wonder if the bren has the same issue, and how is possible that the .mil didnt found out before..
View Quote

I have a feeling that somewhere along the line, the polymer was changed in the civilian mags.  Maybe for flow and curing characteristics?    They are pumping them out fast and cheap.  Fast, cheap and good.  Pick any two.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a newer manufacture one that's been loaded for almost 4 months and it's like new.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a newer manufacture one that's been loaded for almost 4 months and it's like new.
View Quote
I had two early 16 mags and on one the feedlips cracked on me on the second range trip(two months of owning it). They replaced it with a 15 mag. Bought three 30's and they are all marked early to mid 16 I think.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#11]
The only solution is magpul/ats/lancer.  Its obvious cz does not want to remedy this problem, replacing mags is not  a remedy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#12]
do you load them fully up to 30rds?

I do 25 and haven't had a issue
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

do you load them fully up to 30rds?

I do 25 and haven't had a issue
View Quote

I also do 25 and still had one crack.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only solution is magpul/ats/lancer.  Its obvious cz does not want to remedy this problem, replacing mags is not  a remedy.
View Quote

WTF, are they not replacing them?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they replace them if you pay shipping and handling.  He's saying the solution isn't more replacement mags that will also crack and break within a month.  That's no solution.  We want reliable mags.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are, but if any bills/laws passed in the future for whatever reason, replacing them probably won't be allowed for those unlucky souls. It is a big hassle, not to mention you start to question if you can trust the gun for home/self defense if the mags are constantly cracking.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Paging ETS... Paging ETS...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Are people seeing cracks in their 2015 manufactured mags?  I have several fully loaded for a few months with no cracks...but one of the included 20 rounders is cracking, but it isn't a 15.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't have my mags in front of me, but where am I looking to determine their manufacturing date? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't have my mags in front of me, but where am I looking to determine their manufacturing date? Thanks in advance.
View Quote

There is a date stamped on the spine.  Number is the year.  Arrow points to the month.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#21]
What manufacture dates are impacted by this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What manufacture dates are impacted by this?
View Quote

I think its a batch issue.. Ive seen/heard/read about mags of the same year but only some would crack...
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a 30 rounder that was loaded for about a month with my HD load. I decided to unload it for a range trip and once I got to the range noticed the feed lip barely hanging on. Once I got home I send an email to CZ asking their plans to remedy this problem, and if they would swap out my cracked one for another? I got no word back from them. Its been about 3 weeks and I didn't even get a return email!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#25]
This thread has prompted me to almost run my gun dry now.
I know we are just talking about mags but being as the whole gun is polymer.

I usually use weapon shield grease, just makes me paranoid.
Wonder if clipping a coil or two off a 30rd mag would aleviate the mags cracking.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a couple of extra springs.. I'll try that with a new mag and see what happens..
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This thread has prompted me to almost run my gun dry now.
I know we are just talking about mags but being as the whole gun is polymer.

I usually use weapon shield grease, just makes me paranoid.
Wonder if clipping a coil or two off a 30rd mag would aleviate the mags cracking.
View Quote

Polymer guns have been running with lube for decades.  This is a problem with this type of polymer...one which I hope CZ corrects soon.  I love this gun, but I have no faith in their current magazines.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Seems to be a difference in cut and molding.
Pic below is a 05/16 magazine (left) and 11/15 on right. Notice the top and edges of lip
</a>" />
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Seems to be a difference in cut and molding.

Pic below is a 05/16 magazine (left) and 11/15 on right. Notice the top and edges of lip

http://<a href=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Matseur/Mobile%20Uploads/20160917_215918.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

And if you will look closer(cant see it in your picture), the feed lips are thinner on the older mags near the front. Looks like they thickened it up slightly to combat the cracking issue.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Very interesting.  If these mags don't crack it would be nice to get several...and it would be nice if there was an exchange rate for trading in older mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top