Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2016 6:38:21 PM EDT
So what's under the polymer scorpion handguard? How far forward does the charging handle actually go?

Could you chop the polymer handguard straight down where the top starts to angle? What's the barrel like underneath? Is it any easy chop, rethread 1/2x28?

A simple stubby foregrip would give the Mp5-K style look to the front end.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is a view of whats under the handguard..
Never been a fan of K smg but I dont think it is doable.. The way the HG is designed you can only chop maybe 1 inch of the barrel..

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never been a fan of K smg but I dont think it is doable.. The way the HG is designed you can only chop maybe 1 inch of the barrel..

https://s14.postimg.org/jb39d1mi9/image.jpg
View Quote

Looking at the top angle of the rail, where does the charging handle start? How much can you reasonable from from the front?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As mentioned, the limiting factor is the charging handle- you cant make the handle any shorter as it needs the rod length to cycle the bolt for charging.

With the OEM polymer handguard mounting system you can't shorten the handguard, but with the new mounting system on the Scorpion EVO Transformer handguard it will be possible to go a bit shorter  (mounts via a clamp block around the base of the barrel and free floats)

We have some interesting things in the works so hang tight, and if we can find a way to do a "K" model we will certainly look into it.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Just to be clear, the Transformer handguard is a manticore product in the works?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just to be clear, the Transformer handguard is a manticore product in the works?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As mentioned, the limiting factor is the charging handle- you cant make the handle any shorter as it needs the rod length to cycle the bolt for charging.

With the OEM polymer handguard mounting system you can't shorten the handguard, but with the new mounting system on the Scorpion EVO Transformer handguard it will be possible to go a bit shorter  (mounts via a clamp block around the base of the barrel and free floats)

We have some interesting things in the works so hang tight, and if we can find a way to do a "K" model we will certainly look into it.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Yes, I'm patiently waiting on one myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The round cross pin in the upper part of the handguard is about as far back as it can go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking at the top angle of the rail, where does the charging handle start? How much can you reasonable from from the front?

The round cross pin in the upper part of the handguard is about as far back as it can go.

Could you cut out the bottom majority and leave a weird top overhang where the CH is?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well, uh, yeah you could...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you cut out the bottom majority and leave a weird top overhang where the CH is?

Well, uh, yeah you could...

Lol
I need to go look at mine. Could you put a 1.375" can recessed under?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#12]
This wait is killing me. The ability to change the scorpion into a k gun is great, I really wish they had a barrel available for purchase.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This wait is killing me. The ability to change the scorpion into a k gun is great, I really wish they had a barrel available for purchase.
View Quote

I may be dense. Explain why you wouldn't just cut the OEM? I envision it being more expensive to buy a new one and it's not like and AR barrel where you can sell the OEM to recoup some costs. I think you'd be stuck with the OEM after paying $150+ for the cut HB ind one...
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I may be dense. Explain why you wouldn't just cut the OEM? I envision it being more expensive to buy a new one and it's not like and AR barrel where you can sell the OEM to recoup some costs. I think you'd be stuck with the OEM after paying $150+ for the cut HB ind one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree only added benefit would be the fact is the barrel is a 922r part.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I want the micro handguard for the lack of pic rail on the side.
The barrel I have is the original thread pattern and honestly would love to be able to convert back to the oem barrel and oem handguard. I know that these aren't like ARs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No argument there
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't have a new scorpion (several "Skorpions" though) but I LOVE seeing people make all these new parts for them.  CZ really knocked it out of the park with this thing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: CZ really knocked it out of the park with this thing.
View Quote

Maybe not even that though. They just didn't make it too terribly retarded and cumbersome and basically allowed a window for 3rd parties to experiment and modify.

Manticore and HBI seem to be killing it
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
So, where are HBI and Manticoree on these?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I corresponded with HBI last week and they said "mid-late November"

Should match nicely with an Eotech refund check I'm expecting
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I believe we are shipping them to anodizing on Monday, will check when I get into the office on Monday morning.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe we are shipping them to anodizing on Monday, will check when I get into the office on Monday morning.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Well....
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Well....

Lol
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top