Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 3:47:44 PM EDT
I am getting tired of waiting for Sig to release the MPX-K version.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with the above. Would go Scorpion, MPX, AR, in descending order.

Tried on a couple of occasions to really like 9mm AR's, but the design just isn't optimal for a blowback pistol chambering. Rough on the FCG, gets really, really dirty, etc. I know that some guys here make gas guns in pistol calibers, unsure if they make them in 9mm.

On the plus side, I will say that the standard AR magwell is a pretty awesome funnel for 9mm Colt mags. Never could understand why people so badly wanted the lowers with magwells sized for the subgun mags in light of this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to know why you prefer the EVO over the MPX?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Get both.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the 8" MPX and I'm almost 5 months into waiting on my stamp.

I have a 10" AR 9mm that takes Colt mags... Great gun but the MPX is definitely next level.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
If you read my Scorpion thread, I was definitely thinking of selling my EVO and going to the MPX for several reasons.  The better mags ( not that EVO mags are "bad" but I like Lancers a LOT ), the all metal construction, the delayed blowback, etc.

Then I handled one.  I was not impressed, personally.  I have never liked pistol cal carbines because they weigh as much as rifles but have one third the power.  The MPX, gives me that same feeling.....it's just really heavy for what it is. ( as is just about every PCC )   It makes me want a proper AR instead.  The Sig is damn nicely built but both stocks are rather uncomfortable ( like and Uzi or more appropriately an MP5 or Greasegun collapsible in one case or a Smith M76 in the other ) as compared to the Evo stock.  There is just ( for me ) a feel about the Sig I do not like....despite the fact that it is a well made gun )....

The Evo ( despite the issues I had with it ) is really light for a PCC, it's super accurate and the OEM stock just lends itself perfectly to optics or irons.  I ditched the factory irons and went with MagPul MBUS sights.  Now that I have my Evo running.....I pretty much prefer it to everything but a full stocked MP5.

I don't think you can go "wrong" with an MPX....they have good mags, nice triggers, decent sights and are reliable and VERY well made.....but the Evo is just LIGHT and ACCURATE and when you do the trigger right, they are a damn good shooter.

I don't even want to LIKE the Evo......but I can't help it.  Mind you, it appears I am just about the ONLY guy who had issues with an Evo ( other than the mags cracking which happens to several folks ) as far as reliability....and I have it running like a scalded cat, now.  And I mean running like a scalded cat in 110 degree heat and filthy like a little monkey.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Scorpion EVO trumps both of them, and we have all three in the shop.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

And you sell parts for it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
MPX is a sweet shooter, very gentle recoil. I like it much better than my Evo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Price and simplicity, mainly. Part of a PCC's appeal is the simple blowback mechanism. MPX is also gassier surpressed. Recoil on the MPX is milder, though, and the controls are just like a mini AR.

I see the MPX's appeal, I just think it's a little overengineered for its job. Plus the expensive mags when you can pick up Lancer AR mags for less than $15. Also, shallow as it sounds, the forend on mine had just enough play to really annoy me. The switch to a gen 2 was kinda the final straw for me with SIG.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone has their own preferences.  I prefer the MPX to the EVO myself - price not being a big issue for me.  If price was a stronger consideration, I might have went EVO.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Something tells me the mpx-k version is going to come out the same time as the Bushmaster ACR conversion barrels
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I was building a Glock based 9mm AR and halfway thru I bought the mpx. Even though my 9mm AR is awesome I shoulda waited and just bought the mpx instead of building the AR.

The main reason is I spent a great deal of money on the AR9 and I coulda just bought the mpx and been happy.

Also the mpx is truly awesome to shoot especially when suppressed. I'm still waiting on my can but I shot a few suppressed ones and it's awesome.

The ar9 was also nice to shoot suppressed which was my original plan before I got the mpx. I also love the look of both the mpx and MY Glock AR9 but I HATE how ugly the evo looks in my opinion. Especially the forend of it.

You can't go wrong with the mpx but like many others I also believe the mpx was purpose built to be suppressed and in k config which is what I'm doing as the can comes in probably beginning of the new year lol.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:39:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I say scorpion as well. I've built an ar9 and it would only feed round nose ammo, no hollow points. So I sold that and bought a scorpion. Been in love ever since. One of my co workers has the mpx, it is a nice gun and it is a little softer shooting than the scorpion. But like others have said it is over engineered. To many dam parts, and the price tag is outrageous. I could buy a cz, buy the 922r kit + a tax stamp for less then what the mpx goes for by itself. Plus the cz has been around longer and has a track record. Cheap mags (which I haven't had any problems with yet) is a plus. And from what I've seen the scorpion is better to suppress, less gas in the face.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought the MPX with the 8" tube.  When the Omega 9K gets out of jail, off to Adco goes the barrel.  I saw how Capitol Armory's 9K was tucked under the handguard and fell in love.  Hate the retractable stock though.  I went factory Sig folder and like it a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the evo and Mpx are both awesome for different reasons. The Wilson AR9 is pretty cool too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#16]
MP5, MPX, Scorpion. I did an MP5 SBR, if the MPX would of been available at the time I would of went that route since it's cheaper. With these options on the market was wouldn't even bother with an AR in 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top