User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2016 3:41:03 PM EDT
Lots of reports of unhappy buyers from elite whomever and the Yeti grips

Is there a decent solution available?
Maybe in FDE
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone is about to release one I haven't heard of it. I wish magpul would make a scorpion version of their excellent + style moe grips. Love the grippiness of those on my AK SBR.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are the only two options of grips available right now.

Yeti has geared up for a full production mold, but don't know what the status of that is.

If Yeti doesn't come through on a production molded grip we might look at doing a grip.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeti has geared up for a full production mold, but don't know what the status of that is.

If Yeti doesn't come through on a production molded grip we might look at doing a grip.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

That would be awesome. Seems like there's demand for it.

If I remember correctly the new Yeti grip is coming this month. It'll be interesting to see if folks are happier with it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Nvm. I see you were referring to the pistol grip not a forward grip.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If I remember correctly the new Yeti grip is coming this month. It'll be interesting to see if folks are happier with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

IIRC, Yeti is supposed to be doing a full on molded grip with replaceable backstraps... so instead of two different grips, you get one and can swap out the backstraps. I'm waiting to see how that plays out.

MagPul coming out with some grips would be AWESOME, though!

You too, Manticore!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!

Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
One with more of a MP5 shape/angle/size/feel would be AWESOME....just sayin'
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is our thought too if we were to do one.

FYI, I know Eric at Yetiwurks and want to give him a chance to succeed before we go and jump into the market, plus we have plenty else to keep us busy right now.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One with more of a MP5 shape/angle/size/feel would be AWESOME....just sayin'

That is our thought too if we were to do one.

FYI, I know Eric at Yetiwurks and want to give him a chance to succeed before we go and jump into the market, plus we have plenty else to keep us busy right now.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Heck yeah man, sounds good
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the Yeti pistol grip and love it, incredible improvement over the original, maybe a grip sleeve on it but that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Gear Head Works is going to produce one soon.  In this video, Paul starts talking about the grip at :57.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gear Head Works is going to produce one soon.  In this video, Paul starts talking about the grip at :57.
View Quote

I recently asked them about this grip specifically; they advised they were still testing/working on molds.  They did not have an ETA as of a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeti Wurks posted on FB yesterday that they're having some problems and have suspended sales.

I was looking forward to getting his Switchback grip. Hopefully he can get everything sorted out soon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been impressed with GHW tavor parts. Look forward to seeing what they do with the evo...
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like that safety lever... I think I may order one of those instead of the AK style one from HBI.   (ETA: Ordered one!)

Their grip looks really nice, too. Since I have a carbine, I don't need the handguard, but I do like the look of their prototype. It's great to have options!
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
The Switchback is out, and I like it a lot.

It's funny, I had thought I would prefer the Everest design and had planned on ordering that, but I'm glad I waited for the Switchback. Comparing the two, I like the feel of the Matterhorn better. With the Switchback it's both in one.

The color matches better than the 3D printed versions did. I only handled one of those once, and I didn't think it felt THAT cheap, but I think the Switchback feels perfectly solid. I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's funny, I had thought I would prefer the Everest design and had planned on ordering that, but I'm glad I waited for the Switchback. Comparing the two, I like the feel of the Matterhorn better. With the Switchback it's both in one.

The color matches better than the 3D printed versions did. I only handled one of those once, and I didn't think it felt THAT cheap, but I think the Switchback feels perfectly solid. I'm happy with it.
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea. I like it a lot.

The only thing I did was file a little from the front strap where it meets the trigger guard. This way the lower assembly can be removed without having to loosen the grip.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm waiting on this one which is expected to be available in January

" />
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/Screenshot_2016-10-09-10-46-46_zpsiq163hfx.png</a>" />
View Quote

Details?

Maker?

Inject mold or printed?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Details?

Maker?

Inject mold or printed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/Screenshot_2016-10-09-10-46-46_zpsiq163hfx.png</a>" />

Details?

Maker?

Inject mold or printed?

Color?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Details?

Maker?

Inject mold or printed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details?

Maker?

Inject mold or printed?

There's a guy having them made over on the EVO Facebook Group.  They should be available in January and will be Injection Molded and available in Black and eventually FDE.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There's a guy having them made over on the EVO Facebook Group.  They should be available in January and will be Injection Molded and available in Black and eventually FDE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details?

Maker?

Inject mold or printed?

Link?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Can't wait for the injection molded production version to be ready.  He really nailed this design which isn't slab sided in shape.

" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#29]
The injection molded switchback grip from yeti works is really nice and solid. Like the inter changeable back strap as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I wish they would make a new forend grip. Get that super tactical c-clamp grip going on.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a Yeti with removable backstraps...

It's pretty good.  The only minor irritant is that to get the grip tight enough to not slide back and forth in the channel, I have to tighten the screw far enough that it sticks out slightly on the other side.  Not a big deal but kind of chintzy.

Otherwise, the grip itself is well made and comfortable.  big improvement over the stock grip which has a ridiculous rake to it, and is much more difficult to use with a sling.

-Freq
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's pretty good.  The only minor irritant is that to get the grip tight enough to not slide back and forth in the channel, I have to tighten the screw far enough that it sticks out slightly on the other side.  Not a big deal but kind of chintzy.

Otherwise, the grip itself is well made and comfortable.  big improvement over the stock grip which has a ridiculous rake to it, and is much more difficult to use with a sling.

-Freq
View Quote

Known issue. He will be offering a slightly shorter grip screw.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Freq

ETA?  I need one of those screws.  I do like the grip, but the screw poking out is bad QC.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ETA?  I need one of those screws.  I do like the grip, but the screw poking out is bad QC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Freq

Personally, i'd just cut or grind a bit off the screw and chase the threads with a die and be done with it in less than 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Freq

From yeti wurks Facebook 10/22/16

I'm in the process of getting custom shorter length screws made for the Switchback grips. It will take 10-14 days plus shipping to me.  In the mean time I did find 28 mm button head screws on amazon that work.  The head is slightly larger diameter than the stock screw though it will fit in the grip opening, but you have to really push/force it in. On my gun 28 mm is perfectly flush.  Please note that the regular screws function just fine. The new screws will just give more of a flush fit setup.

The stock screw is 29 mm long.  The screws I'm going to have made will be 27.5 mm just to ensure people who really crank it down won't stick out.  If anyone wants one of the 28 mm screws I got from amazon, I have 49 left I'd be happy to send out. Just let me know.  Otherwise contact me after I have my custom screws and I'm happy so send you one of those.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B1ODEX8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Freq

I'm in the process of getting custom shorter length screws made for the Switchback grips. It will take 10-14 days plus shipping to me.  In the mean time I did find 28 mm button head screws on amazon that work.  The head is slightly larger diameter than the stock screw though it will fit in the grip opening, but you have to really push/force it in. On my gun 28 mm is perfectly flush.  Please note that the regular screws function just fine. The new screws will just give more of a flush fit setup.

The stock screw is 29 mm long.  The screws I'm going to have made will be 27.5 mm just to ensure people who really crank it down won't stick out.  If anyone wants one of the 28 mm screws I got from amazon, I have 49 left I'd be happy to send out. Just let me know.  Otherwise contact me after I have my custom screws and I'm happy so send you one of those.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B1ODEX8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just IM'd Yeti tonight about the screws...he'll be sending out a shorter screw in 2 weeks. I could live with the 1-2 extra threads the factory screw provides though...

Not such horrible QC after all...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top