Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2016 1:49:09 PM EDT
Ok as the title states, should I start with the EVO pistol or the carbine for a SBR and why? I have no experience with either one other than some minor handling at the LGS.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Really just depends on how much you want the Carbine's handguard (which is not yet available separately from CZ). Maybe it'll be available by the time your F1 is approved, but who knows.

Otherwise, it's probably a wash. Pistol needs a stock and 922r parts, Carbine needs its barrel chopped/threaded. Should note that I don't know of any available tool for getting the barrel off of the carbine....
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Pistol is way easier. Just add the stock and 922 kit and you're done. No need to visit the gunsmith.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pistol is way easier. Just add the stock and 922 kit and you're done. No need to visit the gunsmith.
View Quote

Ok cool. Is that the $200 kit that's out of stock everywhere? Not that it matters until the stamp comes back. Is that all it takes to be compliant?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Carbine is just form 1 and cut barrel.

Might be a bit more PITA depending on cutting/threading barrel. I'll SBR mine soon... I'm thinking about having the barrel threaded, then semi-permanently mount a three lug adapter. Would be convenient with my can.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Really just depends on how much you want the Carbine's handguard (which is not yet available separately from CZ). Maybe it'll be available by the time your F1 is approved, but who knows.

Otherwise, it's probably a wash. Pistol needs a stock and 922r parts, Carbine needs its barrel chopped/threaded. Should note that I don't know of any available tool for getting the barrel off of the carbine....
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Owning a carbie....I'd say: do the pistol.  This thing (my carbine)is gonna be a pain.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Owning a carbie....I'd say: do the pistol.  This thing (my carbine)is gonna be a pain.

View Quote

I was leaning towards the pistol, but what is the hard part of the carbine?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The silencer co can is very oddly held on....at least as far as I can tell.  I haven't dug that deep into it yet.   Then there is the hand guard length.  NOW, let me add a caveat, if you want an SBR with a can largely covered by the hand guard, then the evo carbine would be the way to go...but just get the pencil barrel and then you can go to town from there.  It think it would be easier.

This is largely base on first impression.  I am already thinking of going the pistol to SBR route.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#9]
The faux can is just threaded on with standard 1/2-28 threading at the end of the carbine barrel
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought the carbine with muzzle brake today. I plan to SBR and suppress. I have not seen a walkthrough on how to remove the barrel however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top