Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 9:09:40 PM EDT
Just picked up my Z5p earlier and got it home to clean, well the charging handle takes an ungodly amount of force to pull back and I honestly cannot get the paddle mag to release the mag. What would be causing this, has anyone else had these problems?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
My Z5P takes a bit of force to charge but not ungodly. On your paddle mag it sounds like a major problem. I'd contact Zenith they are supposed to have good CS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed on the charging handle.

Agreed on contacting zenith. My paddle is smooth like buttah.

What mags are you using? Happens all the time?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Z5P takes a bit of force to charge but not ungodly. On your paddle mag it sounds like a major problem. I'd contact Zenith they are supposed to have good CS.

Agreed on the charging handle.

Agreed on contacting zenith. My paddle is smooth like buttah.

What mags are you using? Happens all the time?

It's brand new I'm going to contact them Monday if I don't get it before 41p guess what's going to be in the EE for cheap
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's brand new I'm going to contact them Monday if I don't get it before 41p guess what's going to be in the EE for cheap
View Quote

You might want to wait until Tuesday - Monday is a holiday for most folks.

I know several people that work for Zenith - let me know how they handle your issues.

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
They are in Afton, VA. Maybe they would let you bring it by? I just picked up the same gun this week but I am not having any of your problems. The paint they put of them can get thick in places and maybe that is gumming things up. I shot mine with my buddy's 3-lugged suppressor and i had to scrape some of the paint off of the 3-lug before the suppressor would go.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is also very hard to charge. I have to purposefully try to over power it to make sure it moves back every time. No experience with other clones or the real deal, so not sure if it is normal or not.

No issues with my mag release.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Update: completely took down the mag release assembly. Everything was rusted preventing the contact point from moving freely. i already have a warranty claim in for it, although I honestly want them to just send me a new mag release assembly and I'll replace it since I've already done my tax stamp on it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
My charging handle was tight at first. It loosed up with use and after I cleaned and lube the weapon.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My charging handle was tight at first. It loosed up with use and after I cleaned and lube the weapon.
View Quote

I'll probably end up taking mine out and replacing it with a US one for 922r compliance, I wish they made an extended cocking handle for it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad I found this thread :)  I haven't had a chance to get mine out shooting yet - but also have a rather stiff charging handle...I wouldn't say ungodly but you have to use force on that sucker to pull it back sometimes.  I figured it was just the newness, sounds like that's the case.  My paddle though works fine.  Also looking forward to my tax stamp coming in.  Will be my first SBR.  Earl
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glad I found this thread :)  I haven't had a chance to get mine out shooting yet - but also have a rather stiff charging handle...I wouldn't say ungodly but you have to use force on that sucker to pull it back sometimes.  I figured it was just the newness, sounds like that's the case.  My paddle though works fine.  Also looking forward to my tax stamp coming in.  Will be my first SBR.  Earl
View Quote

I have a fullsize Mp5 and its phenomenal, this one on by MKE is also very well built as far as straightness of body lines and finish. My only complaint is the cocking tube which I have to push against a table to move back and the magazine release (which I fixed with a file)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top