Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 11:34:10 PM EDT
I just received a 2016 CZ Scorpion Evo pistol and wanted to post a few pictures since I could not find any when I was looking to buy.

Stepped 1/2x28 and 18X1 muzzle threads:

QD backplate:  

I'm not sure what the big deal about the QD backplate is???  How many of you guys are actually shooting these in pistol format?

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is one more with my Surefire Ryder 9 screwed on.  I thing the 1/2x28 threads are possibly a little shallow

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish they would put a QD on the factory stock and the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you get this through CZ directly or a dealer?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Gunbroker.  Here is the re-listed auction if you are looking: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/561248777

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is one more with my Surefire Ryder 9 screwed on.  I thing the 1/2x28 threads are possibly a little shallow
View Quote

Does that present a problem for suppressor use?  (I'm currently waiting on my first 9mm can, so am a noob.)
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Does that present a problem for suppressor use?  (I'm currently waiting on my first 9mm can, so am a noob.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so.  You need to check tightness, as you do all thread on suppressors.  

I'm not a fan of direct thread cans on shoulder fired semi-automatic firearms.  Qd mounds are much more secure.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think so.  You need to check tightness, as you do all thread on suppressors.    

I'm not a fan of direct thread cans on shoulder fired semi-automatic firearms.  Qd mounds are much more secure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Direct threads WILL back off. The best solution is to just 3-lug it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the QD backplate the only visible difference?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is the QD backplate the only visible difference?
View Quote
I don't have an older model to compare but I believe so.  

This doesn't have the welded trigger pack.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
hmmmm. how does one find out what "year" their scorpion is?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

....when did you buy it? Does your backplate have a QD socket?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The mfg year can be found on the bolt above the s/n.
Or check the date codes in the moulding markings
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I wish they would put a QD on the factory stock and the handguard.
View Quote
This.  I didn't realize they were putting the QD on the back plate.  Stupid.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Not sure how I feel about the look or the functionality of that 'stepped' threading...
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not sure how I feel about the look or the functionality of that 'stepped' threading...
View Quote

i agree and i already have one at the dealer.  maybe someone will make a giant thread protector for it i can lock tight on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ugly as sin IMHO. 3 lug master race
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree on the three lug.  I just wish someone would make a dedicated three lug barrel replacement.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Agree on the three lug.  I just wish someone would make a dedicated three lug barrel replacement.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if the 18x1 threads could just be turned down and the 1/2-28 threads continued with a die.  As long as you kept a true shoulder for the three lug to butt up against, I wouldnt think it would be an issue.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, but let's get real I'm way too cheap for that
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I wonder if the 18x1 threads could just be turned down and the 1/2-28 threads continued with a die.  As long as you kept a true shoulder for the three lug to butt up against, I wouldnt think it would be an issue.  Thoughts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 1/2x28 works as is. I just don't think direct thread is ideal for shoulder fired semi-automatics.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Brand new Scopion pistol threads. Im not impressed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#22]

I assume the above adapter that HK Parts has should still work on on the new model?
I got one of these (prior to getting the Evo) and realized I got the new v2 (2016) model.

It mounts on there fine from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Just received my 2016 model scorpion (91351 SKU on the box) from BudsGuns, but it had neither the rear QD socket nor the 1/2x28 threads, only the old 18x1 threads.

Did I somehow get a 2016-marked model that is actually the old model? It does say "16" on the bolt.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Just received my 2016 model scorpion (91351 SKU on the box) from BudsGuns, but it had neither the rear QD socket nor the 1/2x28 threads, only the old 18x1 threads.
Did I somehow get a 2016-marked model that is actually the old model? It does say "16" on the bolt.
View Quote
Sounds like you got the earlier Scorpion (91350 SKU).

Mine has '16' on the bolt also the stepped 1/2 -28 threads but no QD socket. The box was marked 91351.

I just received it less than 2 weeks ago.

Does the serial number match the box label?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
  Mine has '16' on the bolt also the stepped 1/2 -28 threads but no QD socket. The box was marked 91351.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the serial number on the bolt matches the box. The label on the box says: (91351) CZ Scorpion and on the Serial No sticker it says "16 RF"

Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing that they sent the older version. I plan to put a 3-lug attachment for suppressor on it
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, the serial number on the bolt matches the box. The label on the box says: (91351) CZ Scorpion and on the Serial No sticker it says "16 RF"

Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing that they sent the older version. I plan to put a 3-lug attachment for suppressor on it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO if you want to go 3 lug the old style is the way to go. I'm not digging the new threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top