Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2016 10:52:31 PM EDT
Starting to get serious about buying a pistol and when I mentioned it to my FFL she mentioned that they were releasing a carbine.

Aren't most guys buying the pistol and adding stock kits or would buying the carbine and replacing the barrel be a better option?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Pistol unless you wanted to cut down barrel shorter than the carbine handguard to sink a suppressor in there
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you wanted the additional hand guard space for either mounting stuff or fitting a suppressor inside I would go with the pistol.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Pistol, also based solely on current availability and price
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Pistol, putting a stock on is usually cheaper than custom bbls or modding factory ones. Unless you want a long handguard...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pistol, putting a stock on is usually cheaper than custom bbls or modding factory ones. Unless you want a long handguard...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Defender Outdoors' which is a site sponsor, is advertising the carbines now.  Priced right about $1k
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Where's the best place to buy a pistol? My LGS quoted me about the same for a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where's the best place to buy a pistol? My LGS quoted me about the same for a pistol.
View Quote

I found this after paying $760 through PSA
https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/cz-usa/91350-scorpion-evo-pistol-9mm-7.75in-20rd-black/
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Links here
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Defender Outdoors' which is a site sponsor, is advertising the carbines now.  Priced right about $1k
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are and mine just shipped. I don't plan to SBR the gun so getting the carbine was the only way to go for me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]
What I wonder if is the carbine version with the fake can is a cut down barrel pinned and wielded to the fake suppressor? If so that's the way I would go. It says it's threaded 1/2x28. Anyone know??
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What I wonder if is the carbine version with the fake can is a cut down barrel pinned and wielded to the fake suppressor? If so that's the way I would go. It says it's threaded 1/2x28. Anyone know??
View Quote

From what I've read, the fake can is just a shroud around the full-length barrel.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

From what I've read, the fake can is just a shroud around the full-length barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like my GSG5.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm planning on the carbine because:

No parts to swap for 922r compliance
I have a suppressor to stick under that handguard
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking carbine would be the best choice, but seeing street prices the carbine is $300 more (at least right now - msrp is higher too). The pistol + stock & 922 parts will come out far cheaper than carbine + barrel. The long hand guard is nice though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was thinking carbine would be the best choice, but seeing street prices the carbine is $300 more (at least right now - msrp is higher too). The pistol + stock & 922 parts will come out far cheaper than carbine + barrel. The long hand guard is nice though.
View Quote

That might end up being true.... perhaps the pistols will come down in price a little, too?

I may look at that path, if I can get one with a 1/2x28 thread pitch barrel, because that'll host my can right off. Get the simple 922r parts... I already want to swap out the pistol grip... other "upgrade" parts may also help with the 922r stuff.

Though I would like the handguard of the carbine were available aftermarket, even if only "eventually". I plan on pretty much exclusively using mine with the can attached, even though I'll take the can off to use on other guns as it is rated for so many calibers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
With the LE/Mil pricing the carbine is a little bit cheaper than pistol + Stock/922R kit.  Adding the price for a barrel chop and thread makes the carbine slightly more but you get the long handguard to sink a Suppressor into.  Factory pistol handguards will probably start popping up for cheap once aftermarket or carbine handguards become available.  If anything it seems like a good way to get the long handguard on a SBR now if that's what you want.

Decision, decisions....
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Pistol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#19]
If you get carbine model, I'll trade you my pistol handguard for your carbine handguard. I run my scorpion suppressed exclusively and would love the extra length on the handguard
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#20]
carbine handguard if someone wants one
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19339_Evo-S1-Carbine-Handguard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top