Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 2:27:59 PM EDT
I stripped the trigger housing screw. Any ideas how to get it off?? Maybe put some epoxy in the screw hole and let it set with the allen key in it??
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have one of the new ones where the screw is welded in?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it does not have the weld, just a really crappy screw.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the "World" model with the weld, and the screw has stripped. What is the accepted procedure to follow to remedy this situation? A CZ Custom trigger pack arrived yesterday and I am eager to replace the lackluster OEM trigger.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a small needle nosed vice grip and some penetrating oil, and it can off pretty easy!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I utilized a Dremel with diamond bit to break the spot weld on the collar, then used needle nosed vice grips to remove the screw inside the trigger gaurd. A replacement screw was obtained from Menard's, and a CZ Custom EVO trigger pack then was installed: a very good upgrade from the factory trigger.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
My screw on the world model would not work after I drilled the collar out.  The only thing holding it was the welded collar. However, HB industries included a replacement screw in their kit so if you bought the drill bit you get a replacement screw too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top