Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:17:34 PM EDT
I finally was able to shoot my rifle at a faster rate of fire doing a steel challenge and I noticed I was not allowing the trigger enough let off to reset and fire again. This caused me to take more time to shoot the stages. So now I'm looking for an option for a quicker/ shorter reset.

I'm open to Timney triggers and Gisselle triggers, are there any others worth looking at?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
CMC 3.5lb flat trigger. Works great. Very quick
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Larue MBT...awesome value for $125
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So now I'm looking for an option for a quicker/ shorter reset.

View Quote

I know you're looking for others....but I like the SD3G because it tends to "float" backward during the pull, there is no real clean break (well there kinda sorta is, but not like any two stage)...and at first I hated this.  But I learned to love it after I figured it out, and learned (or got familiar with) the whole overall pull.  Basically, you have to learn the timing of the trigger rather than the "feel" of the trigger along with the cycling of your gun and load, to fully get it to work for you.  I'm so used to feeling-out a trigger to see what it tells me that it wants, in the precision oriented context.  But w the SD3G it just does what it wants without giving you a headsup, first.  So once you understand that, and you memorize what the timing is to get the hammer to fall...and then you also learn how fast it takes to cycle your particular gun back into battery AND left off the bow just enough to reset the trigger...then you've figured out the rhythm and struck paydirt and you have it.  Like riding a horse, in a way, you gotta see how the horse operates and figure out what he's going to do on the particular terrain that you're in, and maybe modify what you're trying to tell him to get done what you want to do.  You're more of a voting member of the weapon system..

That rearward "float" of the trigger bow has become what I expect, and therefore I like it a lot and I shun anything that doesn't have the same feel when I'm looking for fast splits.  Having said that, my vote would be for any very high quality single stage, even more so if this sbr doubles as a true pdw (in addition to competition).  Even the ALG defense milspec with nickel-teflon (and a smooth dremel polish with some mothers mag&alum), with very light trigger spring and standard hammer spring. and good heavy synthetic grease on the sear interface at all times, is a great trigger for the money, but that isn't going to give a faster reset.  Lastly, altho I may get shunned for this, since its a competition gun the 3MR could be a potential option but I think the SD3G is most-likely as good (or better) for less money (and lighter pull weight).    

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ideas, I have not decided yet but I will be at the range next weekend with some other guys, hopefully i'll be able to test a few different triggers to see what I like.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Running a Timney 3lb straight shoe and loving it, with the super straight shoe and the straighter angle k2+ grip it seems to shorten the reset if that makes any sense.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Larue MBT...awesome value for $125
View Quote

This was what I was thinking. Going to have to try it out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting on a fostech echo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top