Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm the name of all that is holy, will someone please make a Evo handguard that has a fill length top rail?!?!?!? That rail should stop about 1/8" short of the muzzle device threads. Give us sight radius or give us death!!!!!!

Not sure what the problem is. No one would put out an AR rail that sloped in that direction. Yes, I know the factory handguard is that way...and it's the worst aspect of the factory design outside of the safety.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm the name of all that is holy, will someone please make a Evo handguard that has a fill length top rail?!?!?!? That rail should stop about 1/8" short of the muzzle device threads. Give us sight radius or give us death!!!!!!

Not sure what the problem is. No one would put out an AR rail that sloped in that direction. Yes, I know the factory handguard is that way...and it's the worst aspect of the factory design outside of the safety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Red dot bro, irons are for poor people

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a bit weird, I'll give ya that, but there's gotta be other people that agree out there. Your extended tavor handguard is full length on top...as is your AR rail system. The only one that isn't, it seems, is the scorpion one. Is it just because the factory one has the angular look or because the consumer has deemed that scorpion front ends should have the slope? What was the design process like there?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Excuse my ignorance, but is the back of the receiver the same on the pistol AND the carbine? Could one use the Magpul AK stock kit shown a couple pages back on the carbine, if one didn't like the factory carbine stock?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Millions of AR with carbine barrel and 7inch FF rail out there
Seriously.. A couple of inches wont make a difference as far as accuracy
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, good to know. I like your stock as well.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As far as designs, a straight cut forend has two issues- it looks really blocky and looks pretty plain and boring (I know because that is the starting point I worked with on the design and went through about 6-8 revisions to get to the final look), and that top part has the majority of the weight of the part in it.  The feedback we got from those that we showed the design to was that straight cut looks boring and blocky.  

Cutting it back makes it more aesthetically pleasing, and lightens up the forend.   At typical pistol caliber carbine ranges of sub 100 yards, you will not see any difference with a 12" vs 14" sight radius, but most people will feel the different in weight, and ultimately if people don't like the way it looks they won't buy it- and if I make them and they don't buy it then I am stuck with money invested in a product that isn't selling.

Sven
Manticore Arms

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a bit weird, I'll give ya that, but there's gotta be other people that agree out there. Your extended tavor handguard is full length on top...as is your AR rail system. The only one that isn't, it seems, is the scorpion one. Is it just because the factory one has the angular look or because the consumer has deemed that scorpion front ends should have the slope? What was the design process like there?

As far as designs, a straight cut forend has two issues- it looks really blocky and looks pretty plain and boring (I know because that is the starting point I worked with on the design and went through about 6-8 revisions to get to the final look), and that top part has the majority of the weight of the part in it.  The feedback we got from those that we showed the design to was that straight cut looks boring and blocky.  

Cutting it back makes it more aesthetically pleasing, and lightens up the forend.   At typical pistol caliber carbine ranges of sub 100 yards, you will not see any difference with a 12" vs 14" sight radius, but most people will feel the different in weight, and ultimately if people don't like the way it looks they won't buy it- and if I make them and they don't buy it then I am stuck with money invested in a product that isn't selling.

Sven
Manticore Arms

all of this makes sense. Still want one though. I need a mill.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Kick ass. You da man Sven. Hell, I'd take an unfinished prototype of there was on laying around! A limited edition ump-style run would be awesome too.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]
just installed HB industry trigger springs and it feels great ! that trigger return spring......
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey was wondering if anyone can recommend a speed loader? want to get one for my pops since he is having a hard time loading the mags of his EVO

I don't have one of these yet, but will probably pick one up eventually:

http://plate-design.com/products/acem-cz-s9-30-gen-4

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0934/5064/products/ACEM_CZS9_30_GEN_4_A2.png?v=1464934114

thank you!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The part in bold %110.

It's just natural and intuitive there.

It is how it should have been designed, IMO.

Oh, and pics.

<a href="http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/gvilleram/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160826_202533_zpsadhstldk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u594/gvilleram/Mobile%20Uploads/20160826_202533_zpsadhstldk.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
HB industries is AWESOME.  Great service and gorgeously made products.  Got my duckbill mag release and my right side AK lever today.  Should have mags tomorrow.  My EVO doesn't ship till tomorrow but by the time I get it..I should have everything a growing boy needs but the optic...still thinking about that.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90137

Stupid question: HB says the safety goes on the right. That mean its for your trigger finger to manipulate if right handed? Seems a bit odd if that's the case....

I just picked up a Scorp and all these places are out of parts

Yes, you have it correct. Let me put it this way:  the HB safety is extremely well designed and it works so well that you start gravitating to it immediately.  I would HATE my CZ if it weren't for the HB safety.

Very true
http://i.imgur.com/YMYoKzs.jpg?1

The part in bold %110.

It's just natural and intuitive there.

It is how it should have been designed, IMO.

Oh, and pics.

<a href="http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/gvilleram/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160826_202533_zpsadhstldk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u594/gvilleram/Mobile%20Uploads/20160826_202533_zpsadhstldk.jpg</a>

I just installed my left side delete to complete my AK safety setup...wish I would have just gone this route to begin with. This safety setup changes the ergos so well! I tried a couple other setups and none work as well as the AK setup!

Now, all I need is the Switchback to get released and I am good until my stamp comes in...
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:Let me get that first batch out and maybe we can do a pre-order on a "bullnose UMP style"  model and see if there is enough interest to do a run.
View Quote

Ok, I realize this is a horrible photoshop job--I was in a hurry. Please ignore the funky color/contrast/brightness differences of my frankenchop. In any event, here's my vision for my Scorpion, that I like to call the Evo 3 S2k. Full length manticore rail, mp5-style grip, chopped/textured molot VFG/handstop, and of course manticore's collapsible stock....

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok, I realize this is a horrible photoshop job--I was in a hurry. Please ignore the funky color/contrast/brightness differences of my frankenchop. In any event, here's my vision for my Scorpion, that I like to call the Evo 3 S2k. Full length manticore rail, mp5-style grip, chopped/textured molot VFG/handstop, and of course manticore's collapsible stock....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jekbrown/Evo%201%20S2k_zpshduryl1r.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Let me get that first batch out and maybe we can do a pre-order on a "bullnose UMP style"  model and see if there is enough interest to do a run.

I like the looks of that!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#18]
i knew i wasn't the only one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I actually do like that, but it's a whole different gun now, I also like the factory scorpion look (SBR'd).

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I actually do like that, but it's a whole different gun now, I also like the factory scorpion look (SBR'd).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. I may have to buy a carbine to SBR and keep the stock appearance

I'll be doing the manticore slider stock, HBI paddle mag release & K foreend and a micro RDS.
I think it's TDI that makes a teardrop shaped foregrip similar to the MP5k foregrip. Now to just find an m-lok one.
I'll definitely upgrade the pistol grip too when someone can get the 3D printing right or injection mold one
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll be doing the manticore slider stock, HBI paddle mag release & K foreend and a micro RDS.
I think it's TDI that makes a teardrop shaped foregrip similar to the MP5k foregrip. Now to just find an m-lok one.
I'll definitely upgrade the pistol grip too when someone can get the 3D printing right or injection mold one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeti Wurks has the Switchback grip (injection molded) slated for release at the end of this month.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeti Wurks has the Switchback grip (injection molded) slated for release at the end of this month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good news. The IM one is supposed to have replaceable backstraps, no? I hope that it can be set up to be like their Matterhorn printed grip...which is pretty mp5ish in profile, even if it does have some extra texture.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposed to be better than the originals?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#25]
jekbrown: yes, replaceable backstraps. I've read that it is supposed to be a mix of both the Everest and the Matterhorn depending on what backstrap you decided to use.

bradpierson26: It seems that's the idea. I know I've personally wanted a grip for my scorp that wasn't printed on a 3D printer. Doesn't seem that they would be strong enough (even though I have heard otherwise).
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
bradpierson26: It seems that's the idea. I know I've personally wanted a grip for my scorp that wasn't printed on a 3D printer. Doesn't seem that they would be strong enough (even though I have heard otherwise).
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

According to a post I read on another forum we might be waiting just a bit longer...
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#28]
C'mon man, link or specifics!

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't post a link due to being unsure if it was allowed. Decided to read through the CoC again and it seems that it is ok. From the CZ forums...

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=80867.0

Should give u all the info you need.

My apologies for holding out...
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
922 kits in stock at midway.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I didn't post a link due to being unsure if it was allowed. Decided to read through the CoC again and it seems that it is ok. From the CZ forums...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeti posted pics of the switchback in the above linked thread with more information if you guys are interested.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the info!  Just picked up a Scorpion in FDE today.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I REALLY like the stock, but I've got 3 questions.

Will it lock closed with the stock in all positions, compressed and extended? Also, can it be fired with the stock folded? Finally, it looks like the cheek weld sits higher than the factory stock, any issues with seeing the irons?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got this Zhukov kit from Only the Best, and it's the TITS.  
Way better than the one I bought on Gunbroker a few months ago.

Only the Best: Side Project LINK Adapter (CZ scoprion Zhukov)

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-jekapo/products/556/images/5708/Screen_Shot_2016-04-21_at_7.01.30_AM__96651.1461236842.1280.1280.png?c=2

I REALLY like the stock, but I've got 3 questions.

Will it lock closed with the stock in all positions, compressed and extended? Also, can it be fired with the stock folded? Finally, it looks like the cheek weld sits higher than the factory stock, any issues with seeing the irons?

Sorry for the long delay.  The stock will fold in all positions, but it does cover most of the ejection port.  Will have to try it to know, but it does not look promising.  If the shells eject upwards and outwards, it might work.  Otherwise, no.

As for cheek weld, it works fine for me with factory irons, but some guys complain about it. I think it might depend a lot on your facial shape / structure.  But it fits me perfectly.  The stock saddles up right against my cheekbone for a tight weld looking right down the factory irons.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Damn thats sweet looking. Hnng
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Kinda looks like an APC9
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

According to a post I read on another forum we might be waiting just a bit longer...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

https://www.yetiwurks.com/products/yeti-wurks-switchback-grip
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone try the PMM safety selector levers?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

https://www.yetiwurks.com/products/yeti-wurks-switchback-grip

Thank you. Although, I am hesitant to purchase I contacted him with a couple questions. I was just not happy at all with the construction/feel of the Matterhorn. I put the stock grip back on before I even fired it.
I will most likely buy one regardless but, we'll see what he says. Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Anything New Out there?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anything New Out there?
View Quote

Handguards coming out from Yeti and Manticore soon.  I haven't heard anything more about other vendors entering the market.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Handguards coming out from Yeti and Manticore soon.  I haven't heard anything more about other vendors entering the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything New Out there?

Everybody go to the Geissele forum in the industry tab and ask for a Geissele/ALG trigger
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Everybody go to the Geissele forum in the industry tab and ask for a Geissele/ALG trigger
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything New Out there?

This!
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#44]
I would love to find more mags at a decent price.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I just picked up my Scorpion in FDE and wasn't sure if the stock shown on their webstore is 922r compliant or not.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/366313600703FDE_Evo-Fde-Stock-Complete

I'm curious because they're stating other parts (like magazines) are 922r compliant.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/11350_Mag-Cz-Scorpion-9mm-30rd

It doesn't make sense to me that they would sell it if it wasn't but...
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I just picked up my Scorpion in FDE and wasn't sure if the stock shown on their webstore is 922r compliant or not.

I'm curious because they're stating other parts (like magazines) are 922r compliant.

View Quote
AFAIK, the stocks are still imported.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I would love to find more mags at a decent price.
View Quote

$19.99 @ Prepper Gun Shop.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/magazine-cz-scorpion-9mm-30rd

Price went up and now OOS.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply; there's plenty of parts I'm looking at swapping out in addition to SBR'ing it and I wanna make sure I do it right....
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/Manticore%20Scorpion.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Manticore%20Scorpion.jpg</a>

Manticore Scorpion EVO Trasnformer Forends are in stock!

(Very first ones back from anodizing- they will sell out fast, but we have a LOT more in stock next week!   ;)   )

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

Sven, you are making me want to buy another EVO just to mod the hell out of and leave one as a clone.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top