Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is a information gold mine. I'm hoping more companies start making handguards/rails for the Evo like Manticore is.

I don't  

I didn't even want one of these goofy things until I saw the new stock and handguard (hopefully full length UMP style eventually)from you guys that made it not goofy. You'll have my business no worries
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Tarheel State Firearms is legit!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
THSF is top notch.  Did my CZ Scorpion.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did they engrave it? Pics? They need to do mine
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out this thread. It has pics of different options.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=51&t=453272

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks, will update OP tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
After buying one, I don't think the position of the lever is optimum.

It appears when holding the Scorpion like a handgun, it works fine, but when I install my Shockwave brace and brace it against my cheek, it changes my grip angle. So now when holding the gun in a firing position and the safety on safe, I am not able to reach the lever without significantly changing my grip.

Also if you are going to SBR your Scorpion and going the ambi route, if the right side lever mirrors the left side that I have, it appears it may also affect the ability to fold the stock. I can't verify the latter part, but just by looking at pictures, the way the factory stock appears when folded, that it looks like the Apex safety would extend into the area of the stock, and preventing it from laying flat against the receiver.

I am attempting to contact Apex about a refund, but if it saves someone else the 25% restocking fee, thought I would post the feedback.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Does either of the two aftermarket triggers actually improve the trigger pull at all or are they mostly for looks?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
HBIndustries theta extended charging handle are back in stock for those looking. Both red and black.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HBIndustries theta extended charging handle are back in stock for those looking. Both red and black.
View Quote
In fact I was, thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Does either of the two aftermarket triggers actually improve the trigger pull at all or are they mostly for looks?
View Quote
This.  The factory trigger sucks and is keeping me from ordering one (that and I'm waiting for FDE).

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully some useful info, I'm using the shooters element trigger shoe along with the HB Industries spring kit. I performed a string of 10 pulls and got an avg of 4lbs 8.4 oz.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hopefully some useful info, I'm using the shooters element trigger shoe along with the HB Industries spring kit. I performed a string of 10 pulls and got an avg of 4lbs 8.4 oz.

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm8n4pepv.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm8n4pepv.jpeg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm8n4pepv.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm8n4pepv.jpeg</a>

My bet would be that most of that improvement came from the spring kit.  The trigger shoe does count towards 922r compliance so my guess it is that those buying it aren't always doing it just for looks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My bet would be that most of that improvement came from the spring kit.  The trigger shoe does count towards 922r compliance so my guess it is that those buying it aren't always doing it just for looks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Misread your statement
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was unware it was a 922r part. I bought the carbine so no 922r issues for me anyway. I have ordered the spring kit and if that can get it down to the 4-6 pound range I think I'll be pleased. I was just wondering if the trigger shoe actually improved the pull at all but after looking at the HB Industries spring kit install video and seeing how the trigger shoe installs I can see it's really more of a style/preference thing. Part of me wants to get a different one because if I'm going to remove all of the trigger components to install the springs might as well do the trigger while I'm at it but part of me isn't really offended by the trigger itself.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was unware it was a 922r part. I bought the carbine so no 922r issues for me anyway. I have ordered the spring kit and if that can get it down to the 4-6 pound range I think I'll be pleased. I was just wondering if the trigger shoe actually improved the pull at all but after looking at the HB Industries spring kit install video and seeing how the trigger shoe installs I can see it's really more of a style/preference thing. Part of me wants to get a different one because if I'm going to remove all of the trigger components to install the springs might as well do the trigger while I'm at it but part of me isn't really offended by the trigger itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Straight triggers don't lighten the trigger pull, but they give the illusion because of how far the trigger sets back compared to a curved trigger.
I personally like straight triggers and use them quite often. I bought the trigger pull gauge because of them, and to compare to curve triggers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Straight triggers don't lighten the trigger pull, but they give the illusion because of how far the trigger sets back compared to a curved trigger.
I personally like straight triggers and use them quite often. I bought the trigger pull gauge because of them, and to compare to curve triggers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I can see it effecting the feel of the trigger which might make it seems easier to pull and all that I was just saing it isn't likely to actually effect the true weight that much. Kind of a felt vs actual recoil thing if that makes sense.

I'll look into a different trigger.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

CZ Custom Trigger this is the only aftermarket trigger replacement that I know of.  I know that you stated you are getting or have the carbine, but that trigger currently has two 922r parts.  They do have a silver trigger shoe but it is currently OOS.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It appears when holding the Scorpion like a handgun, it works fine, but when I install my Shockwave brace and brace it against my cheek, it changes my grip angle. So now when holding the gun in a firing position and the safety on safe, I am not able to reach the lever without significantly changing my grip.

Also if you are going to SBR your Scorpion and going the ambi route, if the right side lever mirrors the left side that I have, it appears it may also affect the ability to fold the stock. I can't verify the latter part, but just by looking at pictures, the way the factory stock appears when folded, that it looks like the Apex safety would extend into the area of the stock, and preventing it from laying flat against the receiver.

I am attempting to contact Apex about a refund, but if it saves someone else the 25% restocking fee, thought I would post the feedback.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the same conclusion I came to as well.  I intend to modify the stock by adding a clearance cut to the stock.  But I'm still not sure what stock I want to put on it when the paperwork comes back.  I like the looks of the ACR stock or the B&T stock on the EVO but no adapters made for them....yet.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

CZ Custom Trigger this is the only aftermarket trigger replacement that I know of.  I know that you stated you are getting or have the carbine, but that trigger currently has two 922r parts.  They do have a silver trigger shoe but it is currently OOS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that and gasped. Then I saw the $9 spring kit from HB Industries which is currently according to the tracking in Phoenix AZ. I thought for $9 it was worth a shot. I should have specified I'm looking for an aftermarket trigger shoe. Were I a smart man I'd have just got the HB Industries trigger shoe and called it a day so I could save on shipping but I am not a smart man.

Now I'm looking at the Shooter Elements trigger. I like the look a little better.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Well I'll post my pic here since I've posted it in every other EVO thread, you can see I went overboard with the aftermarket vendors, but I'm very happy with my setup.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I'll post my pic here since I've posted it in every other EVO thread, you can see I went overboard with the aftermarket vendors, but I'm very happy with my setup.

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstnpha93q.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstnpha93q.jpeg</a>
View Quote

What mount are you using under your PA micro dot?  I just put a PA micro dot on my Evo but I think I want to get a QD mount for it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What mount are you using under your PA micro dot?  I just put a PA micro dot on my Evo but I think I want to get a QD mount for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstnpha93q.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstnpha93q.jpeg</a>

ADM T-1 low mount, you can still use your factory sights with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes I'm considering buying the Scorpion very soon with the purpose of SBR ing.
Has anyone got their form 1 approved yet with the info posted here:

Name and location: Ceska Zbrojovka (CZ), Czech Republic ....... manufacturer?

Model: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 ............................ "CZ  Scorpion  EVO  3 S1" -this exactly?

Barrel length: 7.72"

OAL: 26" (with CZ folding stock)

With 41F looming I don't want an error on the form1.

The CZ folding stock model # to match the OAL: 26" is my concern, because I'll file the form 1 before I have this on hand?

This is the OEM model stock and are they readily available?

Thanks

Bishop3

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yes I'm considering buying the Scorpion very soon with the purpose of SBR ing. Has anyone got their form 1 approved yet with the info posted here:
Name and location: Ceska Zbrojovka (CZ), Czech Republic ....... manufacturer?

Model: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 ............................ "CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1" -this exactly?

The CZ folding stock model # to match the OAL: 26" is my concern, because I'll file the form 1 before I have this on hand?

Thanks

Bishop3

View Quote

I also plan attaching the SiCo Hybrid. Is there any thing I should know about the barrel thread? I'm buying the Scorpion 2016 model 1/2×28.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:"CZ  Scorpion  EVO  3 S1" -this exactly?

View Quote

Places sell out from time to time, but the 922 compliance kit that comes with the factory folding/telescoping stock is available enough. Mfg model # is 19380. And yes, CZ Scorpion EVO S1 is the model name, the OP has it right.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#30]
BTT, would be nice if a Mod would toggle this to keep it from going to the archives.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Plz can has pin, Mods?

This is important topic.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Heads ups for a discount. I ordered some mags before I even saw this, though my cart showed no shipping charge.

SAVE15

CZ-USA has 30 round mags 'in stock' and a 15% OFF* ORDER, Fourth of July Sale going July 1-4.

Use code: SAVE15

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Heads ups for a discount. I ordered some mags before I even saw this, though my cart showed no shipping charge.

SAVE15

CZ-USA has 30 round mags 'in stock' and a 15% OFF* ORDER, Fourth of July Sale going July 1-4.

Use code: SAVE15

View Quote

The 30 rounders are 922 compliant too! Come assembled with US made followers and floorplates. Only the 30 rounders, the 10 and 20 round are all imported parts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#34]
When I first saw that they had "922 compliant magazines" I thought it meant that the mag bodies were domestically produced also... Which does not appear to be the case. It's cool that you can buy the mags with the usa base / follower installed but saying that they are 922 compliant is slightly misleading, because the body is still imported and counts as a 922 part. Something keep in mind for those that are close to the limit...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Wanted to give some feedback on some parts manufactures

Small sample, so YMMV.

HB Industries and Shooter's Element are both here in AZ.

HB Over SE all day long.

Ordered from HB.
Safety delete
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Reduced Weight Trigger Spring Kit
Trigger Pack Hardware Refresh Kit

Ordered April 20th in the afternoon, and delivered the 22nd. I'm in Gilbert, they are in Chandler.

I ordered the trigger shoe and charging handle from Shooter's Element though. I liked the design better, I thought the shoes from HBI were a little bulky and not quite as sexy looking for the evo.
Ordered Friday the 24th at 10:46 AM.
Was delivered today at roughly 10:45 AM - 8 days later.  SE is based out of Tuscon. Its a 2 hour drive from Gilbert.

I ordered the red shoe, and was supposed to be engraved USA on the side. It was not.

Both were delivered in a padded USPS envelope. HBI has some cool looking baggies with a pretty thick ml plastic, with the product name, part # and company logo.
SE are thin little baggies.

Just a little disappointed in SE. Price point, and few manufactures doing nice aftermarket parts, they really need to step their game up.

As a side note, White Oak Armament is also in Tuscon. Ordered some some AR parts from them on the same Friday the 24th a 10:34 AM, Delivered Monday  the 27th at 11:35AM.  
I wish my local businesses good luck, but HBI is getting my money in the future.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone found a good case for the carbine? The 26" discreet case from Delta Force mentioned in the OP seems like it would be a little small, and the next size up, 33" seems like it would be big.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Has anyone found a good case for the carbine? The 26" discreet case from Delta Force mentioned in the OP seems like it would be a little small, and the next size up, 33" seems like it would be big.
View Quote

Not sure if it's discrete enough for you but I use this case from Bulldog

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95

If you fold the stock and don't have am optic on it it fits in there nicely.

Shop around some places have it cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks; that looks like very similar to this one I found earlier today from Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939293374/midwayusa-heavy-duty-discreet-tactical-rifle-case

The only issue I see with both is no way to secure the rifle within the case, which is one of the few complaints in the Midway reviews. Since the Midway case is on sale I'm going to pick one up and see what I can do to modify it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#39]
In the bulldog case it's such a tight fit it's not really sliding around in there anyway.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#40]
The MidwayUSA discreet case arrived yesterday and you are correct. It's a snug fit in the case with the stock folded due to the width of stock and receiver so shouldn't shift around much. It's an even better fit with the stock removed but that would likely move around. I'm thinking about cutting some foam to set it up similar to a hard case, with separate cutouts for the carbine, stock and some mags. BTW, the two permanently attached magazine pouches on the divider will each fit two Scorpion 30 round mags.

The 29" case may be a little long for SBRs, but I'd definitely recommend it for any carbine owners who plan on staying with the 16" barrel, especially at the current sale price of $22.99. It works well as shipped and with a few modifications could be very nice.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939293374/midwayusa-heavy-duty-discreet-tactical-rifle-case

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The MidwayUSA discreet case arrived yesterday and you are correct. It's a snug fit in the case with the stock folded due to the width of stock and receiver so shouldn't shift around much. It's an even better fit with the stock removed but that would likely move around. I'm thinking about cutting some foam to set it up similar to a hard case, with separate cutouts for the carbine, stock and some mags. BTW, the two permanently attached magazine pouches on the divider will each fit two Scorpion 30 round mags.

The 29" case may be a little long for SBRs, but I'd definitely recommend it for any carbine owners who plan on staying with the 16" barrel, especially at the current sale price of $22.99. It works well as shipped and with a few modifications could be very nice.

View Quote

Good to know. I was going to buy one for the girlfriend's AR once we finally build it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Some quick pics of the Midway case. It's a little lumpy when the case is closed with the stock folded, which is why I'm thinking of keeping it detached while in the case.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some quick pics of the Midway case. It's a little lumpy when the case is closed with the stock folded, which is why I'm thinking of keeping it detached while in the case.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/scorpion/1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/scorpion/2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/scorpion/3.jpg  
View Quote

Excuse my ignorance - is that a fake suppressor? If not and its a can recessed under the rail, I may be inclined to leave the stock on and extended and can off (especially if it's 3 lug). Worst case for "rapid deployment" you could fire without the can but with the stock and be somewhat effective and not TOTALLY unsafe

How much was the case?
ETA: regardless, it's sexy
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn!!...Thanks for this list!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Excuse my ignorance - is that a fake suppressor? If not and its a can recessed under the rail, I may be inclined to leave the stock on and extended and can off (especially if it's 3 lug). Worst case for "rapid deployment" you could fire without the can but with the stock and be somewhat effective and not TOTALLY unsafe

How much was the case?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/scorpion/1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/scorpion/2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/scorpion/3.jpg  

How much was the case?

It's the Scorpion carbine with 16" barrel and the Silencerco 'No Octane' fake suppressor.

I posted the link to the case above. It's a 29" Midway heavy duty discreet carry case and currently on sale for $22.99.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This thread will cost me money.
View Quote

yup, cost me $900 so far
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
yup, cost me $900 so far
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yup, cost me $900 so far
Oh, yeah....me, too.  To the tune of 1.5k for gun and mags alone.  I haven't even got an optic yet.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Oh, yeah....me, too.  To the tune of 1.5k for gun and mags alone.  I haven't even got an optic yet.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup, cost me $900 so far

If you're looking for an inexpensive micro red dot, Schuyler Arms currently has the Primary Arms 2 MOA MD-RBGII for $70. I just received one today and with the factory base get a lower 1/3 co-witness with the CZ sights. Schuyler also includes a medium height UTG mount with the sight but it's not needed on the Scorpion.
http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-comes-with-a-free-riser-993

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If you're looking for an inexpensive micro red dot, Schuyler Arms currently has the Primary Arms 2 MOA MD-RBGII for $70. I just received one today and with the factory base get a lower 1/3 co-witness with the CZ sights. Schuyler also includes a medium height UTG mount with the sight but it's not needed on the Scorpion.

http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-comes-with-a-free-riser-993

http://nfdn.images.s3.amazonaws.com/imagedb/image361588-f8491937f858d6f7b47b0814da7dbdeb.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup, cost me $900 so far

http://nfdn.images.s3.amazonaws.com/imagedb/image361588-f8491937f858d6f7b47b0814da7dbdeb.jpg

Oh, this is how I SHOULD do it....but I'll be running a Vortex Spitfre on an ADM mount.....I have one on my  Mega Carbine and I really like it.  No one makes a prism that I like other than Vortex or I would run something better.  That being said.....so far it's holding up great on my short .308......we'll see how one runs on a recoil operated platform.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup, cost me $900 so far

Does this version suffer from the glob of glue on the diode?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top