Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2016 3:43:13 PM EDT
Despite having many, many gun cases and bags, I don't seem to have anything the proper size to carry my Scorpion to the range.  I found a local place that sells surplus Pelican and Hardigg Storm cases.  I'm thinking about picking up either a Pelican 1520 or a Storm 2400 for the Scorpion.  Anybody use either of these?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm started the work on a similarly sized factory Kriss Vector 9mm SBR and will use a Drago backpack or perhaps some cool sling bag instead.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ sells one on their web store, with foam and cut outs for the folded stock, magazines, a suppressor, etc.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
This seems like a real good option. The Elite Discreet Case.

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=48&t=435697&page=100

http://www.elitesurvival.com/rifle-cases/covert-operations-discreet-carry-cases/
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I like this bag well enough. I can fit my 10.3 AR, MP5, and Scorpion (with stock folded) inside of it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Fits any 15" laptop bag. mine has a side pocket for mags. Absolutely ghetto, but also discreet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a 28" Condor case for mine and my POF-5 (in its own, not both in one). Probably going to chuck my Vector's giant plastic case for another one eventually, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-RORI-P-Rifle-Case/dp/B0086UAZSS
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Beretta laptop/overnighter bag.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like this one, but not sure on if it will hold an SBR.

ridged case
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I checked out the surplus/recycling place today and picked up a Pelican 1520 for $50.  They had a lot of cases of various sizes.  I'll probably go back and pick up a few more.  Now I need to order a bunch of foam to make custom inserts...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ridged case
View Quote

Did anyone ever get one of these? I'm really interested, but it would have to be a total home run for me to spend that kind of money.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone a fan of the CZ case from webstore?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#13]
A member recommended the airsoftgi foam insert case.  I grabbed it and was impressed.  I did have to touch up the foam in areas to allow for the sights and a few other bits but very nice.

CZ foam insert case

It's $40 and right now there is a sitewide 24% off sale which would more than offset the shipping cost.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I have used these guys and they do a good job...

Case Builder (No personal connection)
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a full sheet of 2" and a half sheet of 1" charcoal foam from foambymail.com (enough for many cases).  I've laid out the Scorpion (with MRO) and 6 mags in the Pelican 1520; just haven't had time to cut the foam yet.  I'll probably wait until my Form 1 is approved in case I have to re-position the MRO. I will have just enough room to fit an Omega 9k also.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I checked out the surplus/recycling place today and picked up a Pelican 1520 for $50.  They had a lot of cases of various sizes.  I'll probably go back and pick up a few more.  Now I need to order a bunch of foam to make custom inserts...
View Quote
Do you mind sharing where in FL? Name of company?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Industrial Surplus Corp is the name of their ebay store.  You can just go and pick out what you want though; they sell the cases cheaper in person than on ebay.  They are in Largo on 28th st.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Industrial Surplus Corp is the name of their ebay store.  You can just go and pick out what you want though; they sell the cases cheaper in person than on ebay.  They are in Largo on 28th st.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I use a Galati double SBR case. Fits the Scorpion and MP5 together very well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Did anyone ever get one of these? I'm really interested, but it would have to be a total home run for me to spend that kind of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ridged case

$30 at HD? Cut your own foam?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ridged case

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning toward. The one at Impact Guns is put together pretty well (better than I think I could do with foam), but it's really expensive.

There are some folks on YouTube who went the DIY route with it and it doesn't look all that great. I like the custom foam version having two levels, cut outs for specific accessories, etc. Just not sure that custom treatment is worth $150 (pretty sure it isn't).
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#22]
The pistol by itself, no stock or brace, fits perfectly in a 5.11 MOAB 10. Plenty of room for extra magazines, ear pro, eye pro, med supplies and other stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top