Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll bump this before I make my purchase. Any reason to go with a G19 over a G17 for a form 1 Roni?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I'll bump this before I make my purchase. Any reason to go with a G19 over a G17 for a form 1 Roni?
View Quote

19 easier to conceal.  If you add a RDS down the road, the extra sight radius of the 17 becomes moot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

19 easier to conceal.  If you add a RDS down the road, the extra sight radius of the 17 becomes moot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'll bump this before I make my purchase. Any reason to go with a G19 over a G17 for a form 1 Roni?

Sorry, I meant in terms of usage solely in a Roni chassis post form 1 approval. I am leaning towards the 17 if I do it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry, I meant in terms of usage solely in a Roni chassis post form 1 approval. I am leaning towards the 17 if I do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.  But the advantage of the Roni is you can pop it out of that chassis, and it becomes a pistol again.  The 17 offers few advantages over the 19 for men.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Longer bbl is an advantage. That's why I SBRd a G34. Add a threaded bbl and it's damn near 6". Extra fps helps ensure HP expansion at longer range. Prolly not much of a practical difference, but it is something!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Need, no. but want, absolutely yes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 3:10:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't understand why more people don't want glock SBRs. The benefits are pretty awesome. Cheap, ultra-reliable, huge aftermarket, cheap mags from multiple manufacturers ranging from 10-100 rounds (or, the 50/100 round drums aren't cheap, but the rest are!), lightweight, easy to convert back to a pistol, threaded bbls are common etc. What's not to like? 9mm ARs are cool, but is it going to be as reliable? Cheap? Light? Probably not.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really liking that Micro Roni kit. Think I'll SBR one of my G19s and pick that up when they come out. Not sure how they will work with a can but I guess I'll figure that out later.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Since I can't find a .45 SBR, I've really considered picking up a G21 and SBRing it to throw in a Roni kit. I better make up my mind in the next month .
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  Since I can't find a .45 SBR, I've really considered picking up a G21 and SBRing it to throw in a Roni kit. I better make up my mind in the next month .
View Quote

There's no hurry.  You can still file after July 13th.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top