Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:32:07 PM EDT
Just scored a Glock17 model from Academy but now I see they are planning to make Sub2000's to take M&P mags this year.  Darn it ijust bought a M&P 9c and would love to be able to use the same mags in the Sub.  Anyone know if the grips can be swapped to do this?  I see the grip panels for Glocks for sale on their site.  I guess the internals are all the same so it would just be a matter of a parts change.  Anyone?

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a gen 2 , it will never be able to use any other mags. There is a multi mag version coming out which will be able to use the MP mags and switch to other mags which I cannot currently remember. I own all three Gens, and the glock versions were never interchangeable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it is a gen 2 , it will never be able to use any other mags. There is a multi mag version coming out which will be able to use the MP mags and switch to other mags which I cannot currently remember. I own all three Gens, and the glock versions were never interchangeable.
View Quote

Don't know if that will ever change but previously there were two basic Sub's, one would take Glock mags, the other would take S&W 59, Beretta 92, and Sig 226 I believe. I guess it has to do with the feed angle on those magazines. On the non-Glock model you just change the mag latch to match the cut-out on the magazine. The Glock is Glock and nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I was always under the impression that due to the steeper angle of the Glock mags, Glock type Subs can't be changed.
On the gen 1s I think it was just a matter of swapping the mag catches to change mag types.
Wasn't aware that they're doing an M&P version. I know with the gen 1s every one I ever saw in person was a Glock 17 or 19 version with the exception of a single used one in S&W.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was always under the impression that due to the steeper angle of the Glock mags, Glock type Subs can't be changed.

On the gen 1s I think it was just a matter of swapping the mag catches to change mag types.

Wasn't aware that they're doing an M&P version. I know with the gen 1s every one I ever saw in person was a Glock 17 or 19 version with the exception of a single used one in S&W.
View Quote

I don't mean just swapping out the mag catch.  I'm talking about replacing each entire grip panel, which they sell on their website.  On the gen 2's the buffer tube (which is also the receiver) is the serialized part.  As far as I can see from looking at the schematics there is only one version of the receiver.  I'm pretty sure it can be done and I'm waiting on a response from Keltec.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top