BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried the PPU (Privi) 158 back to back with the Fiocchi 158 -
The PPU was just as quiet - I couldn't tell a difference. The PPU had slightly more blowback in my AR9 - a small puff came back through my RTV'd charging handle that I don't get w/ the Fiocchi. It wasn't bad, but I definitely notice it when not wearing eye-pro. In a pistol I couldn't tell a difference.
Seems like a decent alternative if the Fiocchi isn't available (in my case it's only available locally at a gun shop with exorbitant prices, but PPU is at Cabelas for under $15/box).
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot the Freedom Hush 147gr (new), and it's quiet and cycles great through my Scorpion and 9mm AR, but is will not cycle through my Glock 17 with Lone Wolf barrel suppressed or unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Get it now before it's gone. Great people, great deal.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/speer/1000-rd-case-9mm-luger-speer-lawman-147-grain-tmj-subsonic-ammo-53620
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get it now before it's gone. Great people, great deal.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/speer/1000-rd-case-9mm-luger-speer-lawman-147-grain-tmj-subsonic-ammo-53620
View Quote

Darn, wish I would have noticed your post sooner.  It is out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Darn, wish I would have noticed your post sooner.  It is out of stock.
View Quote

Use the "Notify me when back in stock" option for next time. When you get the email you have to go straight to the site and order or you'll be out of luck. They go really fast.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been using Federal American Eagle 124gr Suppressor ammo.  I came across a case of it for a decent price a while back and its been surprisingly quiet.
View Quote
Picked up a few boxes of this - not impressed. Goes super in my 8" barrel, and was a hair louder in pistols than both the PPU 158 and Fiocchi 158.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Picked up a few boxes of this - not impressed. Goes super in my 8" barrel, and was a hair louder in pistols than both the PPU 158 and Fiocchi 158.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been using Federal American Eagle 124gr Suppressor ammo.  I came across a case of it for a decent price a while back and its been surprisingly quiet.

Since I had 300 rounds of this junk, I tried shooting more of it just to see - man it's horrible. Sounds like it's on the verge of going super in my pistols too - it's very loud, and echos through the woods. It's loud in my 4.5" 9mm AR, loud in pistols, just plain loud.
Ran it back to back with the PPU 158 and the Fiocchi 158, and those are so much more quiet it's not even funny.
Cannot at all recommend the AE 124gr "Suppressor" Ammo.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a bunch of Speer and Am Eagle 147gr ammo ... is the PPU 158 any better?

Once the suppressors get out of jail I'll be shooting a Scorpion SBR and a Z5P SBR.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got a bunch of Speer and Am Eagle 147gr ammo ... is the PPU 158 any better?

Once the suppressors get out of jail I'll be shooting a Scorpion SBR and a Z5P SBR.

View Quote
I haven't shot any AE or Speer 147, but I recall reading reports of the Lawman 147 being fairly loud (in this thread even), especially compared to the Fiocchi 158. The PPU 158, to my ear, is about the same as the Fiocchi - i.e. the quietest factory loaded 9mm available.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I haven't shot any AE or Speer 147, but I recall reading reports of the Lawman 147 being fairly loud (in this thread even), especially compared to the Fiocchi 158. The PPU 158, to my ear, is about the same as the Fiocchi - i.e. the quietest factory loaded 9mm available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

H
The Speer Lawman 147gr is definitely louder than the PPU 158gr. I shot both out of my MPX with an AAC TiRant 45. The Speer is good but the PPU is just quieter. Both grouped well and neither malfunctioned. I haven't tried them in my MP5 with the TiRant but I will soon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

H
The Speer Lawman 147gr is definitely louder than the PPU 158gr. I shot both out of my MPX with an AAC TiRant 45. The Speer is good but the PPU is just quieter. Both grouped well and neither malfunctioned. I haven't tried them in my MP5 with the TiRant but I will soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

H

Thanks for the info - I'm putting a TiRant 45 on mine as well...
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Speer Lawmen 147gr TMJ. It's cheap and accurate. My time is worth more than hand loading 9mm ammo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my stuff worked out.
3.5 CFE pistol with 147 gr HP on top to COL 1.32, quiet and cycles consistently through my xdm 9 with an octane 45.

Now I'm reading about these heavier bullets so back to the drawing board.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top