Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2015 8:16:32 PM EDT
Hey all, does anyone know if on the early RPB mac 10's open bolt semi-auto's if it's just the bolt & upper components that allow it to fire from an open bolt or does the lower receiver frame any different from a closed bolt SA Mac???
Also is obtaining a lower flat and jig to bend & weld lower considered the same as an 80 or 100% AR lower, meaning ok to build and have with no serial #, I'm in a state where pistols/rifles are not registered.

Thanks Jim
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the open bolt and closed bolt semi receivers are different. Something about a different type sear block attached to the inside of the receiver so it's impossible to fit a FA upper. I might be wrong it's been a long time.
Edit: lower receiver.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No.. Lower Too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok so it's the OB lower as well that's different, on the flats they all look alike. But I think the m10 45 & M11-9 RPB's are the same lower, it just the M11a1 380 that's smaller in width I believe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The fire control parts on the OB lower is instead on a U-channel that is welded to the lower so the FA parts cannot be installed.  Otherwise, all the parts are the same as the SMG.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I found out today it's call a sear carriage the SA open bolts have welded into the frame. So this idea I had is going no where. Back to finding a decent open bolt SA for a realistic price.
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found out today it's call a sear carriage the SA open bolts have welded into the frame. So this idea I had is going no where. Back to finding a decent open bolt SA for a realistic price.
Thanks guys.
View Quote

Building a new OB Semi-auto is illegal and a good way to end up in prison.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'll +1 that. Nothing wrong with learning but I got the impression it was a project idea. I've seen a couple for sale before locally for probably $500-$600

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah I'll +1 that. Nothing wrong with learning but I got the impression it was a project idea. I've seen a couple for sale before locally for probably $500-$600  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

OB macs are not $500-600 I'll buy 10, they sell on avg $1500.00 & up. unless completely hammered.

and my idea was to find an existing lower but had to be sure between rpb, swd/cobray what the lower receiver differences where if any bc I found complete new OB upper parts kits less barrel & receiver. If I buy an existing lower it's not considered a new OB SA build. the lower I saw for sale was closed bolt, no sear carriage, so wouldn't have worked or been legal with that used lower.
My total cost would have been $700 instead of $1700 cost.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OB macs are not $500-600 I'll buy 10, they sell on avg $1500.00 & up. unless completely hammered.

and my idea was to find an existing lower but had to be sure between rpb, swd/cobray what the lower receiver differences where if any bc I found complete new OB upper parts kits less barrel & receiver. If I buy an existing lower it's not considered a new OB SA build. the lower I saw for sale was closed bolt, no sear carriage, so wouldn't have worked or been legal with that used lower.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks guys.

I've seen 2 open bolts sell on our local gun trader and the guys were asking around 500-600 for them. And they had open bolt in all caps in the ad, they sold fast, but just saying you might keep your eye open

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure they did sell fast , well I check GB which is tough overpriced or bidding idiots drive price to high.(cause they gotta have it now), I check local traders but not much in them, even local pawn/gunshops only find newer mpa's. Nice guns, but not collectable OB SA.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won  a bid on GB for $706.01 unreal, the seller had it listed as Cobray m11a1 and start price as what a cobray m12 would go for, But clearly in pics and on gun was RPB Industries sm 11a1.and it's OB in all pics, so I bid, another guy bid it to $701 I got it for $5.00 more, never thought that would happen, the cheapest on there is $1500.00 BIN price. I can't wait, I'm picking up a closed bolt like new tomorrow and probably this one next week, too bad they don't take the same mags.  Yeee Haaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top