Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2015 10:51:04 AM EDT
I was curious if CZ would offer the Scorpion with a 16" barrel (and the required 922r parts) as a factory offering.

I can't seem to get excited about the NFA SBR hassle.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No. They have mentioned several times on their Facebook and other places that they have no plans to make any other configurations for this or the Bren 805 past what is already announced and out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. They have mentioned several times on their Facebook and other places that they have no plans to make any other configurations for this or the Bren 805 past what is already announced and out.
View Quote

Thanks.  I didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ Custom in Mesa,AZ has mentioned making Scorpion EVO3 barrels. Not sure what configurations will be offered, but they have the capability.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think they can, as that might qualify as a foreign-made "assault rifle" by the ATF.  That is a no-no as of '84

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you turn something imported as a pistol into a Title I/non-NFA  gun?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not true. On Instagram and Facebook they have expressed desire to release rifle configurations of the 805 Bren once they have a reliable source for 922(r) parts. But that will not be for several months at the earlier.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I could possibly see the Bren with a 16" barrel here in the US at some point since it is already in production overseas in that configuration. They would just need to make it 922r which wouldn't be too difficult.

The Scorpian, no way. It was never designed or intended to have a 16" barrel. I know everyone doesn't want to be bothered to SBR it but that's really what it was intended for. Just do it.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I gotta agree. The SBR'd(and suppressed) Scorpion is what it's all about.

+1 Just do it! It will be well worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
actually, before being imported in the US I saw a pic of a scorpion with 17'' barrel and thumbhole stock, similar to the HK UMP...
I'll see if I can find the pic in my HD

ETA: the pic has been posted here but it's no longer available
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=48&t=400755
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
IV8888 said they will produce a rifle version

https://youtu.be/xwyqJjeRWqQ?t=26m8s

This is of my interest as I can not buy the pistol version yet
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There was a prototype built at one point with a 16" barrel by Laugo Arms (the company that actually designed the Scorpion EVFO for CZ).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
actually, before being imported in the US I saw a pic of a scorpion with 17'' barrel and thumbhole stock, similar to the HK UMP...

There was a prototype built at one point with a 16" barrel by Laugo Arms (the company that actually designed the Scorpion EVFO for CZ).

Source
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Laugo-5.jpg

Source

At first I was like

But the more I look at it I guess it isn't so bad...
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
It looks far better than the Taurus carbine. I kinda like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top