Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 1:47:47 PM EDT
I am right handed and as such shoot right handed.  I shot my new evo today.  I really like it but the safety on the right side smacks the shit out of my trigger finger when firing.  I have to consciously a just my grip to avoid it.  I can't just grab the gun and start shooting or I smack my finger.  I may have to cut off the safety leg extension on this side.  I am wishing it was not an ambi safety now.

Am I the only one?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You must be new to the Evo.  
It a pretty much 100% annoyance for everybody that has shot it.  
Some people dremel it off, or CZ actually sells a delete kit.  It's like 12 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Because you're supporting it with your firing hand, and it was designed to be fired from the shoulder with a stock.  It's nowhere near as much of an issue as an SBR.

If it bothers you enough, pick up the delete kit from CZ.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have found its pretty easy to work around it if you are using the pad of your finger. When I first got it I thought it would be horrible to deal with but I have since gotten used to it and now I don't mind it. But I would sand it down instead of a complete delete. Just my ¢.02.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the delete kit.  I have no need for an ambi safety.   The design is poor in its location imho.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got the delete kit installed on my evo, and I can confirm that the delete will install on both the left and right side switches. As a lefty shooter, I'm incredibly happy with learning that fact first hand! Would've been a sad day to see $12 go to waste and have to whip out the dremel...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have improved safety levers in the production que, no more smacked trigger finger.  About 8 weeks out give or take.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Have you posted any pics yet? I am definitely interested. I find the safety very stiff so I really have to alter my grip if I want to use only the left side safety. I have found it much easier to use both sides so I don't want to give up the ambi safety. But something smoother and more ergonomic would certainly be an improvement.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
The safety lever was bothering me, too, at first.  Then, I moved the grip back about 3/16" and now it's not really an issue.

In my opinion what needs to be done is for an aftermarket company to make a new grip.  The factory grip allows the web of the hand to go up a little too high on the gun.  Not only that, but it has a really weird angle that's not so comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm hoping that it will be much less of an issue when I finally get to SBR the Scorpion. If my hand stays on the lower portion of the grip then the safety doesn't seem to hit my finger.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is the prototype Scorpion EVO safety we have designed

They are already in production and should be available in 6-8 weeks.   Some careful adjustment of the shaft length, width, and rounding the corners means it doesn't rub against your finger, and even if you do contact it there are no sharp edges.  Works perfectly with the OEM folding stock our of Compact Slider stock installed.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

[ETA]  sorry the picture quality is not great, but I had to take a photo of my right hand holding the gun with my left hand on the camera- not exactly a natural thing to do.  

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/right%20side%20safety.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/right%20side%20safety.jpg</a>

View Quote

What is the "compact slider" stock.  Pics?  What would the OAL be with it as i plan to do my form 1 next week.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here is the prototype Scorpion EVO safety we have designed

They are already in production and should be available in 6-8 weeks.   Some careful adjustment of the shaft length, width, and rounding the corners means it doesn't rub against your finger, and even if you do contact it there are no sharp edges.  Works perfectly with the OEM folding stock our of Compact Slider stock installed.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

[ETA]  sorry the picture quality is not great, but I had to take a photo of my right hand holding the gun with my left hand on the camera- not exactly a natural thing to do.  

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/right%20side%20safety.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/right%20side%20safety.jpg</a>

View Quote

Fantastic.  One less 922r part to worry about too!
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The safety lever does not count towards 922(r) parts compliance.

These are the only parts that count: Receiver, barrel, trunnion, muzzle device, bolt, trigger housing, trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, buttstock, pistl grip, forearm/handguard, magazine body, magazine follower, magazine floorplate
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

These are the only parts that count: Receiver, barrel, trunnion, muzzle device, bolt, trigger housing, trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, buttstock, pistl grip, forearm/handguard, magazine body, magazine follower, magazine floorplate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah hell.   Thx for the correction.  Guess I'm back to hoping for a US production mag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Safty Delete Kit

Here you go, this is what I did.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We are doing muzzle devices, stocks, and possibly grips and magazines at some point to get 6 parts that meet 922r

Otherwise we might fool around with some trigger parts to get there.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah hell.   Thx for the correction.  Guess I'm back to hoping for a US production mag.

We are doing muzzle devices, stocks, and possibly grips and magazines at some point to get 6 parts that meet 922r

Otherwise we might fool around with some trigger parts to get there.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven, you guys are awesome.

Manticore is always on point with bringing innovative products to market first.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sven, you guys are awesome.

Manticore is always on point with bringing innovative products to market first.
View Quote

Agreed.  To be honest, I've only recently learned about Manticore.  However, Sven's responsiveness, candor, and clear desire to provide what his customers want has convinced me I need to buy some of his stuff.   And I plan to do so.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]
In the meantime I spent a few minutes with a dremel and some sand paper. I just knocked down the hump a bit and rounded off the back end more.

It's a little hard to capture the difference. It doesn't look like much but the feel is greatly improved. Looking down from the top the right side safety is just barely flush with the receiver, where as the left side extends out quite a bit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top