Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 2:41:54 PM EDT
Okay...Always heard a lot about a plus of the Kel-tec 2000 is how by swapping out the mag release block,etc. you could change it from S&W to glock,etc.etc.

Okay...my question is....where are these easy to find mag-conversion kits?

I recently sold my .40 Kel-tec that took glock magazines, because I don't like glocks and I wanted a 9mm instead and been looking at getting a 9mm KT 2000.

Wanting one that takes beretta mags but they are unobatinium.     So I was thinking of getting one that took S&W mags and converting it over, since I already have a Beretta 9mm.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
All you need is the appropriate mag catch. One caveat: the Glock versions can't be swapped to any of the other versions, or vica versa. Grip angle or mag catch location is different, IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes...but where do I get one? I can't find one anywhere, even on the KT website.  All I haven't done is call Keltec and see if they are available.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes...but where do I get one? I can't find one anywhere, even on the KT website.  All I haven't done is call Keltec and see if they are available.

View Quote

They are often difficult to find, but they do exist. I found one that took Beretta Mags on a gun trading site. Got a decent deal for it too from a dealer in Ohio. Just keep looking. Kel-Tec sells to distributors so once it leaves the plant they may not know where to actually find them.

Look here:  Gun Broker
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The two people I know that coverted theirs got the part directly from KT customer service. Theirs were S&W changed to Berreta. Only had to pay shippi g, IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They sell them right on their website in the store. Or, that's where I bought mine once upon a time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Keltec

I bought a S&W mag one and read that the Sig catch will hold CZ-75 mags.

Called them and asked for one and they sent it.

The only thing I had to do was. slightly remove material from the bottom of the grip.

All the models, except the Glock mag one can use different magazines by swapping the mag catch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top