Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2015 8:47:23 PM EDT
I have a mp5 sbr already I love it, I love the look of the mp5k but the price point of the mix is tempting. Anyone have one or both they would be willing to show some pictures of or swade me one way or another?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
MP5K reverse stretch.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Any reason on the reverse stretch?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my MP5k PDW SBR

Much more sex appeal than the regular mp5 in my opinion

The Sig is new and cool but the K is an icon, plain and simple
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any reason on the reverse stretch?
View Quote
With the reverse stretch you can now use any of the stocks the regular MP5 uses.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm aware I like the b&t stock for the k
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]

I got both. The K is the MKE from a few years ago. I set it up with the old school surefire light kit and choate stock.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s813.photobucket.com/user/Icopy1/media/IMG_20130731_230845_zpsc05dc8f2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz59/Icopy1/IMG_20130731_230845_zpsc05dc8f2.jpg</a>

I got both. The K is the MKE from a fee years ago. I set it up with the old school surefire light and choate stock.
View Quote

Can you post a picture of your mpx, what features about the mpx do you like?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't done anything with the MPX yet, so I don't haven't pics. But I do like the AR ergonomics. If you shoot ARs a lot , there is zero transition training. The charging handle, mag release, bolt release and safety are all AR. And the MPX has an ambi safety and bolt release. It is also easier to add lights and optics. The back up sights are nice as well. Once I add the stock, some mags and stamp, I will have $1700 in it.

As for the PDW, I like the HK style charging handle better than the AR. It just feels more natural to me.  Pricewise, I paid the same amount for the MKE K as I did the MPX. However, once I added the tri-lug, the compliance parts and the stock, I was in the 1700 range without the stamp. I had to replace the ejector spring with a HK factory spring to get the weapon to function 100%. Once I did that, I haven't had any FTF or FTE. On the plus side, the MKE functions perfectly with the cheap ATI mags. Shooting the MKE in the PDW form is a dream. Very little recoil. Very accurate at its intended range.

The new MKE come with the tri lug already on some models. So you won't that added expense. On the other hand, the new MKEs are in the $1700 range compared to the $1200 range of the original imports. Add the stamp and stock, you will have a 2K firearm. Keep in mind that my experience is based on the MKE clones. You may have a different experience with the other clones on the market.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
is the MPX coming out in a K?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I was considering the MKE or Atlantic arms one. I'm just wondering if the mpx is all the "rage" I shoot AR's a lot and my friends have been trying to convince me that the mpx will be better suited even though the Pdw k model is fucking awesome looking in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was considering the MKE or Atlantic arms one. I'm just wondering if the mpx is all the "rage" I shoot AR's a lot and my friends have been trying to convince me that the mpx will be better suited even though the Pdw k model is fucking awesome looking in my opinion.
View Quote

Look at it like this:

The MP5K is like a Glock 26. Good amount of firepower for its size, but I wouldn't call it an "offensive, go out and engage the enemy" type of gun.

The MPX is like a USP Tactical - plenty of room for add ons and accessories that make it more of a proactive fighting gun.

I figure if you can afford either one, you've probably got other guns that are your go-to fighting tools.

Personally I'd get the K. It's a sweet shooter, and it gets attention like you wouldn't believe
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd get both but I'm saving for a challenger hellcat
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Without the PDW stock, the K is just a big clumsy pistol, even in the AOW configuration. Add the stock and I can get tight center mass shots at 50 yard all day long. If the MPX was available at the time I purchased my K, I would have bought the K first because it is an iconic gun. But now that the price points are so much apart, I would lean towards the MPX. With the 400 to 500 dollar price difference, you can pay for the stamp, mags, stock and ammo for the MPX.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 For the MP5-PDW
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Mp5k is a classic proven design. That plus its iconic looks, availability of parts and mags and all around bad assness I don't see how there is a question. In all reality my biggest issue is that there isn't any long term reports on the sig. Until I see one id be leery of spending that much money on one. You won't regret a K.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top